Author Topic: SSFIV XBL - Post match feedback  (Read 347063 times)

findlay_stuart

Re: XBL - Post match feedback
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 05:04:19 AM »
While I'm on..

GGs to Cornelcorkscrew, DK on Xbox and Zoddiac? (could be wrong spelling). All top players.

A special mention to Haijing and Bartdark who we all spent a good few hours picking all 35 characters and just going at it! It was a good laugh. (I was on the jacks, don't know about you guys....not to take the shine off your gen Haijing,,.!)

on another note, foreigners are already starting to come into my endless battles ... a sign of SSF4 decline?..... 

Offline allyoucaneat

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 03:04:47 PM »
Yeah I've noticed guys from Europe come in which is pretty random not to mention - Durden ex and xdeus eversor. Xdeus played an average Akuma that I beat a few times but then he chooses Viper and destroyed me and then left! Xdeus Viper remind me of Rob sux and Arnold with their defense. Durden ex also played Viper but it wasn't amazing but his Cammy seemed solid which remind me of Arnold's Cammy BUT its not him >.> Then last night I'm at Changtime's house and he tells me about this amazing Chun, I assume its Renzou but its not ... It's Durden ex! So I've been trolled by two players lately.

GGs to anyone I've played from here. See yas on XBL, I should be playing MvC3 more though as its way more fun than MvC3.

*name error
"I feel that it's the act of quietly accepting defeat without making excuses" Daigo after being asked what's the most difficult thing in fgs ^^

findlay_stuart

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 04:21:48 PM »
Funny you mention it, I've never played Durden EX until today, Played his chun, got destroyed. Chun is a horrible match for Fei long.

Although I will blame a small piece of it on my stinking hangover (i'm sure I would still have got schooled), 4am is no time to be staying up playing games! lol

Offline allyoucaneat

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 05:21:38 PM »
True, I've only played those guys twice and never seen them again since and that a few weeks ago.

Haven't played you in ages dude >.< Nter The Dragon is a cool name - findlay stuart is your real name or nick name?

*I didn't want to write a new post so just adding an edit to this one : )

Ohh And another XBL guy with no gamer points is llanuakill who mains Dictator seems pretty good. All 3 guys must be OZH members >.< Someone care to shed some light on these guys : )
"I feel that it's the act of quietly accepting defeat without making excuses" Daigo after being asked what's the most difficult thing in fgs ^^

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 05:42:17 PM »
I played Durden ex 2-3 times on ranked today, only getting matched to him in 30 mins lol.

Beaten down by his chun but at least every match was closer, in the end i almost won on the last round.

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 06:06:24 PM »

yeah, vladan - your ryu is heaps of fun to play. so many ryu lamers on xbl. nice playing someone with good strategy/execution that doesnt just sit back and put everyone to sleep :P

HERECOMESBOTMAN

GG's! same to you, again I need to be carefull not to fall under my own traps, remember my footsies and ground game, If I remember that, I have a good chance againsn't anyone, provided they don't stop me first! :) GG's.

Also ggs to Vladan AU. It was really fun watching both you and alex duel it out with the ryu mirrors. I really have to approach the match-up a bit differently against you Vlads. You do tend to play a very untraditional ryu but it is a very attractive style and I like it. Anyway you both taught me a few things which I need to work on so hope we get to play more soon.  ;)

Thanks, yeah confidence is key I think, when I'm playing well, I can play more freely, lately I feel I was struggling with a bit of form (personally I feel I was not as confident). It's hard to get good form and condifence against somebody who is obviously playing well (yourself) I felt you were playing very well, and knew what you wanted to do, so it's going to be a tall ask there.

But I like your style, probably more than most in Australia! simply because you know to make something happen, know how to quickly end a match, rather than draining the opponants patience, or waiting for the clock to run down, I think that's the difference between Tournement players and your online warriars, that's how I feel.

I am a Super Street fighter 2 Turbo player originally, but! some good things can be taken away from our matches... and I think that's key when you can take something positve away from a loss or even a win.

findlay_stuart

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 08:36:04 PM »
True, I've only played those guys twice and never seen them again since and that a few weeks ago.

Haven't played you in ages dude >.< Nter The Dragon is a cool name - findlay stuart is your real name or nick name?

Real name, but the other way round. Yeah I changed my gamer tag , youd be amazed at the shit that's taken, I didn't think I'd get that either!

I play really late at night, sometimes in the day but rarely. I've been trying Sagat out, just so I don't get called a Teir bitch! Funny that when I first played people used to message me saying it was good I played a "underdog character" ....don't think I'll be getting any nice messages when AE hits! ;D

Offline allyoucaneat

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 10:07:20 PM »
haha people and their tier lists >.< can't people just play the game?! I can't wait for AE Sagat either, fighting him back in the day was scary for me! Nowa days you don't fear him unless his GT is Omoi Heki haha then its like FML

Yeah I'm not on as much as I use to be >.> rage too much online lol getting back into some other hobbies whilst playing casually.

We'll have some games soon yo : )

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 10:33:17 PM »
GGs vlade, gamogo and freerider.

Any tips so i dont get rolled so hard next time? Seems like i cant take rushdown at all :(

Offline Gamogo

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 12:51:08 AM »
Quote from: garylok
Any tips so i dont get rolled so hard next time? Seems like i cant take rushdown at all :(

You were the Cody player, ya?

I'm not very good at giving advice, but it might be a good idea to get an understanding of Akuma's vortex and how it works. Under certain circumstances Akuma has a lot of ways to mess with people's wake-up and a lot of the time we can force you to flip a coin and guess. It makes it pretty tough for some characters to deal with his bullshit, particularly after they have been knocked down. Akuma's strength (among others) is his vast array of options.

Its my understanding that Akuma is a tough match for Cody and from my side of the fence, all my vortex and knockdown options work on Cody making it pretty tricky to get back on your feet once Akuma scores a knockdown.

I guess the thing is to perhaps work on your defense as I thought your offense wasn't too bad - Cody is a frame trapping machine and you certainly had that shit down well to the point where I wasn't going to press any buttons and get counter-hit mauled. I did notice that I got a few fireballs in for free when you had a stocked Ultra, which is something you might want to consider practicing. Buffer your Ultra once stocked and you suspect a projectile is gonna come your way and then kick sand in my face for massive damage. Once you can demonstrate to an opponent that you can reactively snuff projectiles with your Ultra, it forces them to rethink their approach giving you an element of control otherwise not available. You took me down when I threw fireballs with your EX slide thing, instead those should have been Ultras!

Its also worth nothing that Akuma bleeds, so any damage you can dish, give it to the bastard. It doesn't take much to cut Akuma down and any mistake is very bad for us and can often turn the tide.

So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 01:02:10 AM »

Real name, but the other way round. Yeah I changed my gamer tag , youd be amazed at the shit that's taken, I didn't think I'd get that either!

I play really late at night, sometimes in the day but rarely. I've been trying Sagat out, just so I don't get called a Teir bitch! Funny that when I first played people used to message me saying it was good I played a "underdog character" ....don't think I'll be getting any nice messages when AE hits! ;D

Ah so that was you the other night, I thought i recognised the GT..

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 03:15:12 PM »
Quote from: garylok

You were the Cody player, ya?

I'm not very good at giving advice, but it might be a good idea to get an understanding of Akuma's vortex and how it works. Under certain circumstances Akuma has a lot of ways to mess with people's wake-up and a lot of the time we can force you to flip a coin and guess. It makes it pretty tough for some characters to deal with his bullshit, particularly after they have been knocked down. Akuma's strength (among others) is his vast array of options.

Its my understanding that Akuma is a tough match for Cody and from my side of the fence, all my vortex and knockdown options work on Cody making it pretty tricky to get back on your feet once Akuma scores a knockdown.

I guess the thing is to perhaps work on your defense as I thought your offense wasn't too bad - Cody is a frame trapping machine and you certainly had that shit down well to the point where I wasn't going to press any buttons and get counter-hit mauled. I did notice that I got a few fireballs in for free when you had a stocked Ultra, which is something you might want to consider practicing. Buffer your Ultra once stocked and you suspect a projectile is gonna come your way and then kick sand in my face for massive damage. Once you can demonstrate to an opponent that you can reactively snuff projectiles with your Ultra, it forces them to rethink their approach giving you an element of control otherwise not available. You took me down when I threw fireballs with your EX slide thing, instead those should have been Ultras!

Its also worth nothing that Akuma bleeds, so any damage you can dish, give it to the bastard. It doesn't take much to cut Akuma down and any mistake is very bad for us and can often turn the tide.

Cheers, I have a problem with reaction AA and U2 online. Just seems much harder than offline, maybe my reaction time needs a fix, i shall train on my girlfriends wii fit!!

findlay_stuart

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 03:23:17 AM »

[/quote]

Ah so that was you the other night, I thought i recognised the GT..
[/quote]

Aye , twas me, but if it was after 10 o'clock, chances are I was whiskey'd up.. ;)

Brining my x-box to work and hitting MVC3 this week in the training room. See if I like it.

Offline Just-S

• Event Organisers
  • SUBJ3CT 64432B
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dabosslogic.com
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 02:58:07 AM »
ggs garylok, had fun against your cody, till next time

Offline kingtua

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2011, 01:13:21 AM »
hey anyone played Jkwang. if u do know this guy u have to know he takes it serious.

i dont know what i did to him but he trash talks and says heis gona put some of our matches
on youtube and show how shit i am.

i mean over 3000pp. thats terrific but you dont see good players that have over 3000 join your party randomaly
and talk shit.

people like him is kinda making me go back to my old ways.
he plays his main, i dont and still beat him.

ggs to everyone i played, hope to play again soon :o
rolling thunder, Corkscrew cross, Keep it classy K.O!!!!!