Author Topic: [Syd] Blazblue hookups  (Read 84622 times)

Offline Isorropia

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Re: [Syd] Blazblue hookups
« Reply #1410 on: May 21, 2014, 10:06:11 PM »
So OHNs on 10-12th Oct and I have a wedding on the 11th. Hmm...

Either I can't make it, or if everyone wants to be super accommodating we could try running it on Sunday just for me. >.>

Offline Runis

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: May 22, 2014, 08:18:12 AM »
Or we could just have finals on Sunday and Iso has a bye all the way till then, Wouldn't change the outcome much.
Granted seeing as there will likely be possibly only 6-8 people playing, we could consider doing RR and Iso can do all his matches Sunday.

Offline Fireryda

« Reply #1412 on: May 23, 2014, 01:57:05 PM »
It's something we should work out when we have more numbers on who's coming interstate. If there's not many people coming we can just play it all out on sunday or something.

June 21 is next YSB. So far I'm busy that day but I'll see if I can get out of it.
In the meantime, another meetup at Nerd Cave soon? (Next week?)
huehuehuehuehue

Offline Isorropia

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: May 23, 2014, 05:57:40 PM »
I've got something on the 21st so could only come to YSB until like 3pm-ish (but would still come if other people were going).

Keen for a nerd cave meet either next weekend (31st) or weekend after (7th)

Offline Runis

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: May 24, 2014, 09:18:01 AM »
I have to move some furniture next Saturday and the guy said afternoon with no definitive time, but I'll try make it if you guys decide to.
Still need to return Iso's monitor also.

Offline Fireryda

« Reply #1415 on: May 24, 2014, 05:21:11 PM »
Okay. It looks like Nerd Cave on 7th then.
huehuehuehuehue

« Reply #1416 on: May 30, 2014, 04:11:51 PM »
Just picked up BBCP the other day and I'm playing Taokaka atm, just trying to work out her movement, there's so many options. Was thinking of maybe Litchi also, she seems like you can do some pretty dirty mixups with the staff.

Are there any sites to pick up BBCP tips besides Dustloop? Haven't seen a Tao in a top 8 at any US majors so I don't really know the go to plan for her.

Offline Isorropia

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: May 30, 2014, 05:43:19 PM »
Hi, good to hear you're picking up BB. Taokaka can be a pretty unforgiving character for new players, it might take a while before you can control her movement well enough to get around people just jumping around pressing buttons. :S

Dustloop is the main site for BB. The char specific forums have discussion threads, combo lists and competetive videos/tutorials etc.

If you haven't already, the in-game tutorial is actually surprisingly good at explaining the ins and outs of the game, and the char specific tutorials are a decent place to start learning the basic gameplan of each character.

Also, something I think that's important when picking up bb is don't focus on combos. I've seen a lot of new players grind combos in training mode for hours, but then fall to pieces vs button-mashing scrubs in a real match and get demotivated. I'd advise picking a really easy short combo (eg. challenge mode...iunno, 20 or something, whatever's decent for taokaka) and using that as your go-to combo until you can mixup into it from lows/highs/rapid cancels/throws etc.

There's quite a few good japanese Taos who are good to watch, eg. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89zPB3YHSrU&feature=youtu.be&t=6m50s

Offline Isorropia

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: June 02, 2014, 06:23:38 PM »
Blazblue Casuals

When: Saturday 7th June, 12 noon onwards

Where: The nerd cave. Level 1, 7 Randle St Surry Hills, 2010

Cost: $12 for 6 hours or $20 for the full day. (This is just on a person by person basis)

Equipment:
Isorropia - 1 Madcatz TE stick

Attending:
Isorropia

If we get 5 or more people I think it's worth a second setup, so yeah, get hype people. Sydney meet.

Offline Runis

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: June 03, 2014, 10:25:19 AM »
Should be there. I can bring a 2nd stick if needed

Offline Fireryda

« Reply #1420 on: June 03, 2014, 05:54:05 PM »
I'll be there too.
huehuehuehuehue

Offline Fireryda

« Reply #1421 on: June 06, 2014, 06:08:30 PM »
Somebody want to bring a PS3? I feel like playing Terushitz / Kagura.
huehuehuehuehue

Offline Fireryda

« Reply #1422 on: June 08, 2014, 09:38:16 AM »
Alright. Just confirmed I'll be able to make YSB so I'll be there from like 12'ish
huehuehuehuehue

Offline Isorropia

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: June 10, 2014, 05:25:13 PM »
Update: I won't be able to make next YSB at all. Hopefully I can do July, nothing's booked in for me that month yet...

Offline MiFi0

« Reply #1424 on: July 04, 2014, 09:45:36 AM »
Yo, sorry I kinda dropped off the face of the earth for a while. Last session of uni was too hectic to make it to Sydney for anything. But now that all that's over I've got three months off before I go to Japan so I can actually show up to things. Is there anything on any time soon? I remember Fireryda mentioning something about Nerd Cave and YSB on alternating fortnights or something? As always I can bring my Eightarc and/or a copy of the game but no console.