Author Topic: What's Your Flavour? - The Team Discussion Thread  (Read 7467 times)

What's Your Flavour? - The Team Discussion Thread
« on: February 16, 2011, 12:31:03 AM »
So now that this game is out for some (WA STORE RELEASE! YEAHBOI~!!!), it seems appropriate to start a general team discussion thread. What teams are you playing? How well/unwell do they work?

I had a grand concept for Team Purple Rain with Skrull-(They're-all-shitty)/Haggar-A/Sentinel-A that was ruined by the fact Haggar doesn't have a purple alt at all (he has Green, Camo, Black or oldman-hair + mustard).

This team basically revolves around Skrull seeing as I don't actually know how to play Sentinel properly yet.

Haggar is basically an assist bitch with his totally invincible lariat that hit confirms into Skrull's super (and presumably Sentinels as well) as a counter to intense-rushdown characters like Chun Li.

Sentinel's A-Assist (or even his B-Assist) is just lamesauce good. It covers ground to help Skrull and Haggar get in close to deal damage. It's particularly lame with Skrull and his half-screen unblockable grab that leads to Super. Either they block drones and you advance or you throw out a grab just before drones hit (since it's likely they'll try block them) and get a combo.

Haggar has some interesting crossup shenannigans if he lands a command throw. His c.C drop-kick puts you in a grounded state if it whiffs so if you piledriver, whiff a drop-kick then summon Sentinel assist, you can either roll to the other side to cross them up or stay stationary.

I literally have no idea how to actually play Sentinel as anything but an assist spam character but presumably Haggar assist would help balls up super-fast rushdown characters that are in his face.
The Walking Meme. Fruit Ninja Enthusiast. Can block Magneto. Can't block Vega.
Arguably: The Blog

Re: What's Your Flavour? - The Team Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 12:46:54 AM »
I literally have no idea how to actually play Sentinel as anything but an assist spam character

jumping S, c.B, s.S, a.A, a.B, a.C, a.S, A.rocket punch, super

if sent drones super u can follow up with another s.S in the corner....broken.

So far my team was X-23, Dante, Sent. But, seeing as every man and his dog is going to play sent im going to look into playing some zero in there to relace sent and become my sorta sent counter.

So after some practice my team will be Zero, Dante, X-23.

Zero for meter gain and solid damage up front, then great anti rush down assist when swapped out.
Dante for assist punishes and his combo continue assist.
X-23 for those awsome mixups, throw in her awsome lv 3 and i think thats a solid team.

If zero dsnt work out then its back to sent i guess, j.S, c.B all day baby!
I perfected gamerbee........at marvel :D
Sword of the Word, Grand Marshall of the Army of God

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gamerhold.com
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 01:09:30 AM »
At the moment I am rolling with Team WAX

Wesker - Love his style, his moves, his teleports, he's looks and attitude.

Akuma - No real explanation here, I was going to play Akuma whether he was good or bad, it's nice to see he is pretty good.

X-23 - She has X in her name. Plus, she can mix up like a bitch, quick and scary.  ;)

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 01:25:51 AM »
I plan on playing

Dante (Jam Session)
Sent (Sentinel Force)
Sent cr B (Super Armor)

Actually not to sure on how to use for the 3rd spot, probably go with Storm (whirlwind) or Chun Li (LL) but been messing around with Wesker, Ironman, X-23, Morrigan, Trish and Zero quite a bit.

Only certainties are Dante and Sent, will be rolling with X-23 if I see a lot of people going for Dark Phoenix.. turn it into a meter race.. do I get to 4 bars and snap in Phoenix and make her go for a nap or do they get to 5 bars first.

Will probably switch to Jill once she's out if I like her.. she has a Machine Gun Spray Hyper that OTGs and has 850,000 life which is more than I thought she was going to get.. her Mad Beast Level 3 looks like Bang's Install Super from Blazblue too.
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 01:40:55 AM »
So there is videos of Jill?..
I'm very interested in Jill, could possibly make Team JAX!

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 01:47:40 AM »
So there is videos of Jill?..
I'm very interested in Jill, could possibly make Team JAX!

No vids, just a couple forum posts from a guy on the Jill forums looking @ the strat guide early, apparently Shuma has a full screen OTG assist... the DLC characters are bound to be strong.. will make people buy them in addition to their fans, look @ Yun/Yang/ER/ONI and Makoto/Valk for AE and CS respectively. I doubt you'll ever see a Super Hakan/Makoto ever offered up for DLC...

Anyway back on point...

Posts of note.

http://shoryuken.com/f368/master-dlc-unlocking-jill-valentine-thread-257021/index36.html#post10238073
http://shoryuken.com/f368/master-dlc-unlocking-jill-valentine-thread-257021/index37.html#post10239600
http://shoryuken.com/f368/master-dlc-unlocking-jill-valentine-thread-257021/index38.html#post10240688

And the latest one that I just read for the first time.

http://shoryuken.com/f368/master-dlc-unlocking-jill-valentine-thread-257021/index40.html#post10271209

Jill got them loops.

Sent + 2 of the DLC characters will win Evo.

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 02:07:36 AM »
Cheers for the links West.  :D

Offline ABM|ace

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 12:25:57 PM »
At the moment I've been using:

Storm (whirlwind) / X-23 (ankle slice) / Sentinel (drones)

X-23 is my favorite character at the moment, so frickin fun :)

...Can never go wrong with storm/sent. Tier whores ftw! :D
<SR> i go for girls that can speak canto
<humanbomb> I thought SR is gay !

Offline Joel Gospel

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 01:38:25 PM »
still feeling out the game, but so far im digging

spencer, viper, magneto

*subject to change every 2 hours*
Mashing Ga Bro. Rowing thunda!

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 01:40:19 PM »
Dormamu, Doom...and a third, probably Sentinel, because he's OP.
Play Skullgirls

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 07:40:05 PM »
My first experiment:
Taskmaster (Verticle assist)/Amaterasu (Cold Shots)/Storm (Whirlwind)

Taskmaster for being an all rounded battery with good HP, and depending on the matchup Ammy and Storm for diffrent things (Could go for rushdown or just sit back with bead ammy + lvl 3 X-factor hailstorm hell)

Offline Jaykuy

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/juliankuy
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 11:27:26 PM »
i have not fully decided on my team yet but i was doing quite well with zero, wesker and ryu

once i launch my opponent i can do the swapping air combo thing if i end with wesker or  ryu i can go into their mid air super then super cancel assist thing into zero's super where he shoots a beam that comes out of the ground. it connects quite well while their opponent is still air born from ryu or weskers super.

sorry if i don't know what these things are called "swapping air combo thing" "super cancel assist thingy..."  :-\

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 12:30:22 AM »
Deadpool a, Dante a, Ryu b is my team for the moment

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 01:46:35 AM »
Starting out with fireball assist Morrigan on point, flame thrower assist Tron Bonnie, and usually sand attack assist Felicia last.

Morrigan's a good jack of all trades that can stall for teammates to stall for red health/a victory if needed. Bonnie's an awesome tank against grapplers, and that flamethrower assist is invincible and blocks projectiles. Also Morrigan and Bonnie's multihit supers DHC into oneanother sooo easily.

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 02:24:34 AM »
I went with Dante/Storm/Sent for my serious team, my Dante still needs a lot of work... Been messing around with Trish a lot in Player Matches, really liking her quite a lot. Going to start messing around with Doom as well, that Hidden Missiles assist is pretty awesome if you can cover up the startup.