Author Topic: What's Your Flavour? - The Team Discussion Thread  (Read 7454 times)

Re: What's Your Flavour? - The Team Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 11:25:57 AM »
my vs noob team is
viewtiful joe/iron man / hulk

still have only played as proabably half the cast so need to try more out. iron man def rocks though

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 05:50:43 PM »
I need some help and suggestions.

I really, really like Doom (with rocks) and Trish (with anti-air Peekaboo), but I cannot for the life of me find a third that I think is gelling. I love traps, and I love keep away, but I'm not finding that magic number 3 who can cut it for me. Any suggestions? Currently I'm considering Skrull ( <3 command grabs), Dormammu or Modok, but the problem with the last two is my team then becomes entirely keep away based.
Play Skullgirls

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 05:23:00 PM »

I really, really like Doom (with rocks) and Trish (with anti-air Peekaboo), but I cannot for the life of me find a third that I think is gelling. I love traps, and I love keep away, but I'm not finding that magic number 3 who can cut it for me. Any suggestions? Currently I'm considering Skrull ( <3 command grabs), Dormammu or Modok, but the problem with the last two is my team then becomes entirely keep away based.

Have you concidered Haggar? His lariat assist is a really good "GTFO" move. Plus Doom Rocks and peekaboo help him get his ass in there if you have to use him for whatever reason.

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 01:26:22 AM »
After playing some god tier sent with hagger assist 2day zero has now become quite a staple of my team, good hit confirms, good meter gain and pretty good DHCs.

Atm im either playing:

X-23, dante, sent

Zero, Dante, X-23

Zero, X-23, Sent

after i figure out a nice assist char that i can play on point and help support zero ill probably switch out sent, im not finding him as OP as i originally thought, sure hes strong but his size is such a weak point.
I perfected gamerbee........at marvel :D
Sword of the Word, Grand Marshall of the Army of God

Offline laiger

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 05:30:42 AM »
Sentinel Alpha
Morrigan That meter one (I forgot what type it was)
Phoenix Whatever

Calling it now that people are gonna start trolling with this team.

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 07:44:27 AM »
Sentinel Alpha
Morrigan That meter one (I forgot what type it was)
Phoenix Whatever

Calling it now that people are gonna start trolling with this team.

That's been my player match troll team from day 1 lol.. I use Phoenix TK Drive when rolling with that team. Though my "proper" team is Sent/Storm/Morrigan anyway...
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, 08:43:12 AM »
A team for me is probably Wolverine, Dante and Sentinel.

B team is Thor, Taskmaster and Sentinel.

Team Fimble would be Iron Man, Haggar and Doctor Doom.

Offline bon

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 12:05:31 PM »
sentinel(a)/storm(a)/doom(y).

so much fun. throw those rocks doom!

,.-`,.-`,.-`,.-`,.-`,.-`,.-`,.-`,.-`,.-`,.-`,.-`

Offline Fireryda

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 12:45:20 PM »
x-23(b) + (wesker(a) / dante(a/b) + (trish(y) / phoenix(y) / felicia(y))
depending on the situation. I use phoenix and trish assist to help get in on run-aways while i'll switch in wesker or dante if i'm having heaps of trouble approaching somebody. felicia is just there if i find out he can't deal with rushdown. though it doesn't help that you dont get to see their characters until the match starts :(
i like my run in press buttons game style even if i fail at it  8)
huehuehuehuehue

Offline shadowsoul

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 01:46:43 PM »
Currently running Zero, Wesker, Akuma, but will probably switch to Zero, Wesker, Ironman as they seem to have better DHC synergy.
Zero and Wesker have like a billion mix ups, so learning these two should give me a long life with the game, them both being good without meter works really well too as I'm training myself not to spam it like a billion times when I was playing deadpool.

They're both really fragile though, but then again one hit is usually a KO against most top-tier people unless your playing sent.

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 06:17:51 PM »
wolv (B) doom (Y) hulk (B)

Took me a while, this is ONE of my teams i guess haha.

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 06:52:53 PM »
I've found myself a second far more fun, much-less-Sentinel'd team in Hulk (B) Okamidog (B) Doom (B).

Doom has taken the role of assist bitch I can't actually play, as all his optimal combos need all this intense directional dash cancel shit. I probably should run him second instead of last since he really cannot anchor to save his life without either Okamidog or Hulk assists to back him up.

I generally start with either Hulk or Okamidog depending on the matchup. It's surprisingly easy to get in with Hulk/stay on pressure with either Okami or Doom assists. Epic range on his j.S means if you clip an assist and the point character with one, you can generally kill off the assist and nearly kill the other character as well.

Okamidog in Bead mode and Doom missile is some insanely lame lockdown/chip that you can hit-confirm into Okami's super as well.
The Walking Meme. Fruit Ninja Enthusiast. Can block Magneto. Can't block Vega.
Arguably: The Blog

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 11:54:36 PM »
Wolverine - berzerker slash
Taskmaster - vertical arrows
Sentinel - drones

This is my A team until further notice. The disgustingness of berzerker slash we all know about, as well as Vanilla Sentinel with drones, but Taskmaster is totally going unnoticed by the community. His vertical assist is similar (thought not as good) to Doom's hidden missles, except there is no tracking. Still, it covers the middle third of the screen and catches a lot of people unaware when a load of arrows comes down from the sky.

Taskmaster has easy, damaging combos and can do some silly amounts of damage when you start playing around with xfactor. He can zone or rush down - not the best at either but good enough to win matches with. Plus he looks like Skeletor, what a champion.

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 12:12:42 AM »

Have you concidered Haggar? His lariat assist is a really good "GTFO" move. Plus Doom Rocks and peekaboo help him get his ass in there if you have to use him for whatever reason.

Can I just say I <3 you for this suggestion? The mayor of Earth was exactly what my team needed. Was getting destroyed using Ryu as my third with Shoryuken, switched to Haggar, and started blowing it up. Lariet is just to good.
Play Skullgirls

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 12:45:29 AM »
More mayor love, here's my Team HHH:  Haggar (a), Hsien Ko (b), Hulk (a).  I think I got those assists right.  It's lariat, chain swing and earthquake respectively if I got it wrong.

I'm only beating noobs atm, but my strat is basically continually abusing the pipe while calling out HsK.  As long as I'm smart, I'm either mixing it up between dashing grab or cross ups from the drop kick (if I ever remember) and landing a few air combos here and there.  Sometimes I can even take 80%+ off one of their assists if they get caught.  One time, I even OCVed a guy, but it was largely due to luck and he was fiddling with a new team (he thrashed me otherwise with Ama, tough bitch).  But if I'm careless or in an unknown match up, I could lose HsK without even realising it.  I have to watch my meters better and not just my opponents. 

If HsK has enough life by the time I lose Jessica's Dad, I'll try to combo into her armor super and switch her out for the armored assist abuse.  I've found that smart and patient play can still ruin me though, especially if I've got Hulk on point.  I'm just not good at closing in with him and dealing damage.  I'm relying on the armored assist heaps to land a hit.  Just not sure what's best to chip with.  I also haven't figured out the best ranges to attempt blowing through with my own armored attacks (:m: and :h:, right?).

I'm not too bad with HsK actually.  I keep forgetting to use her projectiles though.  I've managed to use her reflect pretty well.  In fact, it seems pretty good at shutting down some of the annoying projectile assists (like Ama).  I don't use her chain swing nearly enough though, I'm just not good at controlling and mixing it up yet.

Just today, I've started using an awesome tactic with Haggar:  XFC a block string straight into :qcb::+::l::m: (hmm, I should make some generic attack buttons).  Instant Parry xx Final Haggar Buster! 8)