Author Topic: What's Your Flavour? - The Team Discussion Thread  (Read 7453 times)

Re: What's Your Flavour? - The Team Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2011, 03:03:29 AM »
Only started playing today (well, kinda true).

Ironically, I feel absolutely unable to get used to the style of control in MvC3...permanently in "this isn't the button I pressed" mode. Heh.

My team is really just...Sentinel. I use 2 other characters, but most of the time they do nothing. Even with Sent all I do is pretend this is MvC2 and fly around, shoot people with random RP -> HSF. So overpowered!
Diablo 3 - The SF x T of Blizzard

Offline Slapper Joe

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2011, 12:48:46 PM »
More mayor love, here's my Team HHH:  Haggar (a), Hsien Ko (b), Hulk (a).  I think I got those assists right.  It's lariat, chain swing and earthquake respectively if I got it wrong.
<channeling testikills>
Haggar can't go first!!!!  Hard knockdown on lariat is just too good for free combo/char KO early or mid-game.  Giant Robot < Mayor of Earth.
</channeling>

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 09:24:28 PM »
First time I've ever played mvc, so I'm still really getting used to it. But my team consists of:
Taskmaster, Captain America and Deadpool.
I'm just fucking in LOVE with Taskmaster. Not sure about assists and stuff yet, but I have the combos pretty much down

Offline shadowsoul

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2011, 06:06:16 PM »
I've finally found my team scrub! =D

Using Zero, Hulk, Sentinel. Zero because his combos are relatively easy and since he is fragile I am learning how to rushdown\get in at the same time (crossing up in this game is soooooooooooooooooo satisfying) Hulk because of the same reason as Zero, plus with the benefit of big damage and learning more creative ways to get in. And Sent.

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2011, 08:23:13 AM »
I'd be interested in knowing how people's teams have evolved since this thread started.

My A team without question is She-Hulk (Torpedo), Taskmaster (horizontal shot) and Tron (disgusting). The synergy between this team is amazing. I would say Tron on point does not get as much combo ability out of Taskmaster as she does with Sentinel but you can still combo into lunch time with Taskmaster assisting off Tron OTG.

With She-Hulk assist it makes for nasty mixups during Taskmaster combos where he goes high and she goes low.

I don't need to talk too much about how the Tron assist works, but having it back up She-Hulk where she has meter for anti-air super with Tron assist on the ground, well it can be pretty rude. 8)

Team weaknesses - characters like Dormammu, Doom with Hidden Missile assist, my ability with Tron on point. Getting better with her but if she's my last character it's going to be tough going.

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2011, 10:11:18 AM »
Shulk/Tron and it's variants are kind of running their course in brisbane now, when she first came to the scene it was just pure domination, but once people become a bit more familiar it just became insanely hard to ever get in. Like you said as well, Tron last by herself makes it near impossible to win with some match ups (i.e. Dorm)

Worst matchs imo are Trish and Mags. Dorm is also pretty tough.
Stop sandbagging.

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2011, 10:32:18 AM »
I'm running a similar team to Geese, She Hulk Ammie Tron, and I have to agree with Tom. When I'm down to Tron and I see Dormammu/Magneto on screen it feels so hard to actually get in and get a hit. Even worse if they still have their assist alive.

Geese teach me how to use your team! I was watching closely how you played at Deakin.
My "chronicles of a scrub": http://beingascrub.com/

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2011, 11:18:43 AM »
I'd be interested in knowing how people's teams have evolved since this thread started.

My Team drastically changed about a week after I made my first post but I haven't changed since. Wolverine/Ammy/Sentinal is what I'm sticking with at the moment, although switching wolverine for x-23 for all the DHC trick goodness is really tempting.

Current team synergy wise, both assists (cold star and sentinal force) help wolverine get in and apply pressure, and all characters can DHC into each other pretty easily. DHC trick options are kinda limited though :(

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2011, 11:31:58 AM »

Compared to my last post on this thread when my main team was Hulk/Dog/Doom, I've ended up dropping Hulk for Wesker simply because he's just stupidly good.

Doom who I previously labelled as "assist character that I can't actually play" is probably the character I can play best now as well. He's personally one of my favourite characters to XFC3 Anchor with.

Also depending on matchups, I sometimes replace Dog with Haggar so I end up with Wesker/Doom/Haggar. Doom and Wesker both get easy OTG combos off of Lariat and it kind of creates a nasty situation with Wesker where I can either spam guns + Doom assist (Beam or Missiles, depending on matchups again) and if they try to get close, there's the problem of Lariat + general Wesker nonsense.

I also have a few other gimmicky teams like Spidey/Tron/Wesker that I don't actually know how to play properly but are a bundle of fun.
The Walking Meme. Fruit Ninja Enthusiast. Can block Magneto. Can't block Vega.
Arguably: The Blog

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2011, 01:01:21 PM »

Geese teach me how to use your team! I was watching closely how you played at Deakin.

Next time we're at a meetup together come and grab me and we'll sink some time into it.

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gamerhold.com
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2011, 01:08:33 PM »

My Team drastically changed about a week after I made my first post but I haven't changed since. Wolverine/Ammy/Sentinal is what I'm sticking with at the moment, although switching wolverine for x-23 for all the DHC trick goodness is really tempting.

Current team synergy wise, both assists (cold star and sentinal force) help wolverine get in and apply pressure, and all characters can DHC into each other pretty easily. DHC trick options are kinda limited though :(

Only room for one X-23 in Melbourne.  8)

X-23 / Wesker / Akuma - Team WAX :p:

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2011, 02:08:18 PM »
Next time we're at a meetup together come and grab me and we'll sink some time into it.

Awesome, look forward to it.
My "chronicles of a scrub": http://beingascrub.com/

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2011, 03:47:37 PM »

Only room for one X-23 in Melbourne.  8)

X-23 / Wesker / Akuma - Team WAX :p:

They way you destroy me with X-23 has lead to believe she's actually broken, so I'm just stealing the technology for myself :D

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gamerhold.com
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2011, 03:50:30 PM »
We will fight for X-23... in real life!  :p:

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2011, 04:13:41 PM »
We will fight for X-23... in real life!  :p:

Tsk, tsk. So much Yellow Fever.