Author Topic: MVC3 - General Questions and Answers  (Read 15019 times)

Re: MVC3 - General Questions and Answers
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 03:33:42 PM »
@ Coolzinferno. Hm that might be it....

@Ace: What you said is a great example of when to use pushblock but I think you misunderstood what I was asking. Maybe I need to phrase it better:

I sometimes see people pushblocking while they are blocking beam supers, even when they are using rushdown characters.

As I would assume they would want to get in and not push people away, I then wonder what is the point of pushblocking in that situation.
My "chronicles of a scrub": http://beingascrub.com/

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 06:37:18 PM »
Hey mutton, you playing on xbl yet?

Can anyone tell me why assists are so important? Important enough to pick a character just because the assist is good. Im new to all this and assist still feels akward to use at this Point in time.

Im cuurently playing wolverine and ive got my own bnb down that uses 1 hyper dishing out 800,000 and something (cant really check since im at work) but is that good? What are average damage on combos? Is there any threshold i should be aiming for? Obviously the higher the better but i was just wondering.

Offline KellyNUTS

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 08:59:01 PM »
intrested to know what button combo you guys on stick are using . I am using

L M H
S P1 P2

but I'm finding the assist and tag outs  and bit weird in combos
I went that setup myself also, so I can transition from this and Continuum Shift easier.
Just like EXC355UM said, it will take a few days, but u will get used to it.

Question: Can someone tell me what the requirements are to tag in a partner during an air combo, when I do it it seems like I have to land about 4or5 air hits then im allowed, but dunno how to pick which character gets tagged in(or is that random/cpu controlled?). Seems like theres other rules too, cos theres been a few times ive tried to do it with characters like X-23 during one of her juggles, landed 4-5 hits but it wont allow the tag in, could it be cos it was during a juggle(sorry if thats the wrong word)?
"Now just stand still. Move, and the wound will be deeper." - Leona Heidern

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 11:59:12 PM »
Since I've never played any form of VS games, I'm using the TVC layout

L M H
S 1 2

For me it's just easier to launch with my thumb and with the L M H being at the top, I can paino mash hahahah

Keyllnuts, I think if you S, j.L, j.M, Forward + S you'll get your tag, and then you just mash a few more times :) I'm sure ace or other MvC experts can chime in.
[22:56] <Auxide> K to the G : the Daigo of shit talk

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gamerhold.com
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 12:16:43 AM »
I don't think there is a requirement of hits before tagging out in the air. If there is, it might be 1-2.
Basically just need to press "S" with any of the 4 directions.

If you just press "S" neutrally in the air, it just sends them straight back to the ground.

Opponents can counter by mashing "S" and guessing which direction you are holding. (Most of the time, you should hold back and mash "S" if you think they are going to tag out, since a majority of people hold forward and "S")

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 01:06:59 AM »
You have to hit them with a Normal Air attack at least once. Can't Launch then use S again as the next hit, it will just knock them into the ground I've found

Offline Isorropia

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 07:19:58 AM »
I sometimes see people pushblocking while they are blocking beam supers, even when they are using rushdown characters.

Pushblock reduces chip damage. The beam will push you to fullscreen regardless, so you may as well negate some of the chip damage.

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 08:07:00 AM »
had a good 5 hour session last night good fun .

question

In the book it say in an air combo if you hit them back down to the ground rather than up higher with the s button and down you dont get damage but you get 1 hyper bar . I was trying it last  night and was hitting them down fine but wasnt getting the free bar of hyper

am I not undestanding what they mean ?

Offline VITRIOL

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 08:36:24 AM »
had a good 5 hour session last night good fun .

question

In the book it say in an air combo if you hit them back down to the ground rather than up higher with the s button and down you dont get damage but you get 1 hyper bar . I was trying it last  night and was hitting them down fine but wasnt getting the free bar of hyper

am I not undestanding what they mean ?

It is the direction down and s aerial tagin that gives you 1 lvl of meter. The straight knockdown doesnt give you any bonus iirc.

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 08:41:59 AM »
^

It is the direction down and s aerial tagin that gives you 1 lvl of meter

I thought I was doing that but in my mashing probably doin it wrong

Offline KellyNUTS

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 12:13:11 PM »
Thanks for the feedback fellas, what about choosing who I tag in for the air combo?
Can I do that, like by pressing S + A1 / A2?
"Now just stand still. Move, and the wound will be deeper." - Leona Heidern

Offline Isorropia

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 06:07:25 PM »
Thanks for the feedback fellas, what about choosing who I tag in for the air combo?
Can I do that, like by pressing S + A1 / A2?

No, it will simply go to the second person in order.

And note: you just swap with that person, then if you do S+direction again, you swap with the other person.

eg Team order is

A
B
C

Do an aerial exchange, team order is now

B
A
C

If you end the combo normally there, you can keep your assist char out, and so they won't be DHC'd /Exchanged to unless you do it twice in one combo.

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2011, 08:14:54 PM »
I went that setup myself also, so I can transition from this and Continuum Shift easier.
Just like EXC355UM said, it will take a few days, but u will get used to it.

I'm sticking with default as well, I think as soon as you get the hang of it it's the superior layout. But yeah I know hardcore mvc2 guys have their muscle memory issues... I do remember watching some of Sebs (frame advantage.com) in the lab sessions with some members of Empire Arcadia and one of them went with the mvc2 style layout at first but switched to default because he heard an arcade version (sup Super Mvc3?) is in the works..

Anyway yeah sticking with default myself, had a horrible time trying to transition into Blazblue CT and CS but powered through that when it came to mvc3, looking forward to playing BBCSII in a few months now...
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2011, 11:35:10 PM »
Searching for Same Region will still get us lagging games, seems we have been tied in will all of Asia

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2011, 11:42:11 PM »
Searching for Same Region will still get us lagging games, seems we have been tied in will all of Asia

Not to mention that searching for 'same region' also pairs us with Sweden players(?)

Thank you for this particularly enlightening geographical info, Capcom. I had no idea our continents were connected.