Author Topic: MVC3 - General Questions and Answers  (Read 16044 times)

Re: MVC3 - General Questions and Answers
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 01:30:16 AM »
For those who aren't aware of how to to Record/Playback in training mode. You actually map buttons to do those functions in the controller layout while in Training mode

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 02:40:49 AM »
I NEED HELP!!!

Ok so I finnaly played my first batch of games online. Well, its alot different to what i expected coming out of the lab and never playing a vs game before. My team is wolv b / doom y / hulk b and i have trouble getting in with wolv. The first few games i played some players where i was able to get in easily and take them all out with wolv with some doom rocks assist, but then i got matched with someone who clearly knew what they were doing.

He was using hsien ko/chun/trish. Hsien drum reflects all my projectiles and stops me getting close from the ground, then i go in by air but thats hard with chun kicks and i got no air dash. Wolv dies before getting in, or when i do get in, im unable to get a hit because he blocks all attacks. Then he just zones my doom and hulk unable to get in with drum reflects + projectiles and trishes hyper beam will catch me if im hitting any buttons.

Now whats a good way to approach him and score a combo?

Offline laiger

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 03:47:44 AM »
I actually play alot of wolverine a/ hulk b/ doom y. It's actually a very effective team at dealing with alot of assists especially things like chun legs. Super jump divekick is really the ideal thing to do against hsien ko. What you would want to try and do is call doom rocks assist and insantly superjump afterwards. This way, if hsien ko does drums she'll be a risk of eating a dive kick to the face or be forced to block since rocks will stop her ground movement. You can also superjump divekick right ontop of chuns head when she legs effectively stoping it dead on it tracks. Also learn to utilize his berseker slash (qcb+atk) and crossup variants with doom rocks. If you manage to connect you get a free launcher into combo. You can also try using beserker slash to go through projectiles on it's startup, but if he was smart he'd call out chun assist to cover that.

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2011, 02:13:13 PM »
I will try that, another thing is that should i just hit the S after moves and hope i get a launcher? The hit confirming in this game is way too quick and random. Sometimes they dont block half of a combo because they tried to adv gaurd or tried to counter.

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2011, 02:44:30 PM »
I will try that, another thing is that should i just hit the S after moves and hope i get a launcher? The hit confirming in this game is way too quick and random. Sometimes they dont block half of a combo because they tried to adv gaurd or tried to counter.

mashing the s without hit comfirming is my biggest problem . its pretty much always a punsih when it whiffs against a good player and it always hurts

Offline allyoucaneat

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2011, 03:09:44 PM »
yo Laiger, do you have Mic?
"I feel that it's the act of quietly accepting defeat without making excuses" Daigo after being asked what's the most difficult thing in fgs ^^

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2011, 03:19:50 PM »
@Garylok

Wolverine, and 1 or 2 of Hulk's assists hit overhead which are great for pressuring those keepaway characters. And for actually getting close to 'em, Doom's Fly command straight into foot dive, advance guarding projectiles if they're directly against the wall, and rollings towards the opponent if you get knocked down yourself.

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2011, 03:48:51 PM »
Yeah eagle boy The laggiest match I've played was on release day, was in training room for 15 mins and got matched up with someone from sweeden.... Good to see I wasn't the only one matched up with sweeden....

I've been going up against USA/japan in ranked, not to bad, reminds me of ssfiv aus psn lol... Every player from NYC rolls with sent...   
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

Offline Tyrone

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2011, 05:59:08 PM »
I have a question!!!

Can anyone please tell me how to do the crumple fireball of chun li's? I noticed buktooth doing it and i can seem to replicate that after going a,b,c xx kikouken?

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2011, 06:13:13 PM »
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3/Chun_Li

:qcf: :h: :h:

Says double tap H like deadpool ninja tools

Offline Tyrone

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2011, 10:27:09 PM »
Yep im just a scrub. Never mind me  ::).. I just messed up the timing consistantly and couldnt get it happening. Thanx!

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2011, 12:27:11 AM »
Pushblock reduces chip damage. The beam will push you to fullscreen regardless, so you may as well negate some of the chip damage.

Ah, thanks Iso.

@ Gary: Soon, soon.
My "chronicles of a scrub": http://beingascrub.com/

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2011, 10:10:56 AM »
Ah Ha!... I just realized last night why I kept finding it hard to land the final (S) in a air combo to knock them to the ground.

I kept thinking I was timing it wrong  :o

But it turns out I wasn't starting the air part of the combo soon enough. You pretty much have to start the air combo on the way up and not wait for the peak of the jump to do it.

Doh!

;D
Melbourne Fighting Game Tournament Matches & Streams
Shadowloo.com | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2011, 11:06:03 AM »
When you can call an assist (to my understanding).

from neutral
while using a normal, or exchange attack
while jumping
while dashing
while air dashing (from a normal jump)
while double jumping (from a normal jump)
flying (from a normal jump)
certain movement special moves which do not attack (specifically She-Hulk's run, so with that and fly, I assume there are others, I haven't tested teleports).

When you can't call an assist

when using the vast majority of special moves.
when using a hyper combo
when super jumping (which includes any air combo from an E/S attack or other launcher)
when flying from a super jump
when dashing or double jumping from a super jump
in block stun
in hit stun (duh)

I figure most people know most of this, but I noticed some people weren't grokking the jump/superjump distinction.

Ah Ha!... I just realized last night why I kept finding it hard to land the final (S) in a air combo to knock them to the ground.

I kept thinking I was timing it wrong  :o

But it turns out I wasn't starting the air part of the combo soon enough. You pretty much have to start the air combo on the way up and not wait for the peak of the jump to do it.

Doh!

;D
Hah, yeah, took me while to figure out I was doing that too late too. Doom's and Mag's combos got much easier after I got into the habit of pressing the first attack after the launcher as soon as possible.
This game glorifies violence. I love it for this reason.

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2011, 01:01:49 PM »
Can you super jump cancel anything in this game?
Melbourne Fighting Game Tournament Matches & Streams
Shadowloo.com | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter