Author Topic: [Melb] Galactic Circus RanBat Round 1 Results - 18/2/11  (Read 3128 times)

Offline hadouuken

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Re: [Melb] Galactic Circus RanBat Round 1 Results - 18/2/11
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »

i dunno man seeing toxy vs sol (example) in the 1st round or me vs somniac imo is wack especially when somniac then had to play naruga then toxy straight after you dont think theres someone on the other end of the bracket getting "The easy road"

but i do agree that you should have to face good players and not complain but im just saying that side of the bracket was rough and is extreme thats all i dont care if i have a good player to face 1st round or second but 3 in a row at the start of the tourney lol.

without seeing the brackets i cant tell you what happened..

but looking at last tournaments results if you had seeded all 8 players then sol vs toxy shouldnt have happened in the first round..

as for you and som in the first round.. that is possible as you didnt make top 8.. but again i need to see the brackets to tell what happened..

but with such a hard bracket.. special mention does need to go to Som on coming out on top..

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 03:19:13 PM »
not talking about me  :) im talking about somniac who did make top 8 at boxhill the week before. I think its hard for you to comment till you see the bracket because then your just going on assumptions.
Oi Oi Moi. Best Crunch Heavy Punch in melbourne! fimblers and fimblettes get slapped silleh!

Offline hadouuken

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 03:26:58 PM »
not talking about me  :) im talking about somniac who did make top 8 at boxhill the week before. I think its hard for you to comment till you see the bracket because then your just going on assumptions.

somniac didnt play anyone from last weeks top 8?? so what is the issue then?

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 03:34:17 PM »
thats true i guess there was just good players who missed top 8 lol.its prob more of a coincidence that theres been alotta tough matches in the 1st 3 tourneys early on.
Oi Oi Moi. Best Crunch Heavy Punch in melbourne! fimblers and fimblettes get slapped silleh!

Offline Somniac

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 03:40:04 PM »
My bracket was probably the hardest I've come up against in a long time, but that's not due to rankings that was due to player skill.
Despite HW and Rodney not making top 8 last BH tournament both of them are quite capable of beating me!
It was just luck of the draw, not by design and it goes to show how many big risks we take when we play in a tournament, there are that many capable players these days.

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 03:51:29 PM »
you margarine me somniac you got my number now  ;D hahaha anyways good thing is that thur we got another one and the salt doesnt sink into the paws too long

sagats too soft

Offline SLoo|SoL

• Event Organisers
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 06:37:17 PM »
Just wanted to say well done to everyone involved in making yesterday happen i am sure it is that start of something big for this community and the signs look good for us.

Well done to Somniac last night played really solid in the finals and deserved to take it out well done broski.

GGs to Ali (Combomaniac) you should have had me man but GG was really fun

Baz - You just guessed wrong one to many times and you do that against that French guy Abel and you die very quickly so i feel once you learn the match up i will get slapped and congrats on the consistent placings man very impressive.

Chris - Man your Yun caught me off guard real bad i thought you just picked up Yun and would not know most of his tricks but you blew me up and almost had me GGs ^_^

Hyphen - Viper shenanigans give me such a headache :( i got lucky to come away with the win heh good to see you back on the scene bro.

And thank you to everyone who showed up last night just know you are all doing the scene good things, Only thing i can think of to make it a bit better other than the 2 cabinets with the button layouts is that standing up for hours gets to you so if it's possible at all maybe some seats for the crowd will be awesome.

Shout outs to

Mole - Your Cammy deserves to be placing minimum top 8 so stop sandbagging :P

HW - Those little errors are hurting you in game bro other then that i see top 8 for you next event for sure ^_^

Carnage - Feh Herk, stop getting blown up by Ibuki other then that you are playing really well these days keep it up bro

Toxy - Try getting a good sleep before the next tourney even on 3 hours sleep you played really well other then a couple little errors but none the less you will get back to first easily next comp :D

This scene is getting stronger and stronger each tournament that happens keep it up guys <3 Melbourne ^_^

Offline Paladinight

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 11:38:11 PM »
GGs to Burnout, Other Juri Player (Sorry :() and Mana (I'm not used to your 360 tag lol). I obviously didn't know how to play against Makoto's rush down in AE, also I couldn't press mah buh-uns properly too used to laggy PS3 :S. I will play you moar Mana and figure this match out :D

Nice talking to Hyphen again, who always seems to invite me to join him to get a meal appreciate it a lot :D and nice speaking to Baz as well, also chilling a bit with Cactus, Bugs and Mutton :)

Congrats to Somniac for winning the tourney from losers BTW

It was really cool to finally enter an arcade tourney even though I did ass :/

Fun seeing everyone again since last time I saw people was like 2 months ago. The tournament was good is was really smooth and the technical problems were fixed immediately so it was good. I personally think the chairs should be adjustable because people like to play at different heights but that's just me. It would have also been nice to get some chairs so they can watch more comfortably :D.

Side note: I destroyed my SACs lol

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 11:54:01 PM »
Sounds like a good time! I'll try make it out next time, its just that I was to busy getting addicted to Marvel to make it out.

Congrats to Somniac, that sounds like a rough, rough bracket.
Play Skullgirls

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 01:09:58 AM »
I'll go to the next one as well, was way too hyped for Marvel.
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gamerhold.com
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 06:50:29 PM »
You guys better be there next time!  >:(

Anyways!

Below is the results, and updated Battle Card System Stats! Enjoy.  ;D
http://bit.ly/fuKHcc

Meeks

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 10:52:10 PM »
That url looked suspicious at first glance  ;D

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gamerhold.com
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 12:02:30 AM »
Haha, just noticed it.  ;D

Offline GalacticCircus

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 04:25:11 AM »
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all the players who came out to support our first tournament, it was a bit on short notice considering we had just gotten our setup changed the week before so many were and still are not aware that GC is now actually a decent venue to play at  ;).

Also, Marvel 3 coming out the day before definitely didn't help our cause either. But regardless to have a full 32-player bracket despite these conditions is certainly something that we as a community can be proud of and hopefully our CEO's can see this and are happy with the results as well.

Congratz to Somniac, Sol and Baz for making Top 3 in our first Ranking Tournament.

Shout outs:

HughJazz - After all those games of dropping combos against you in casuals, I finally have a match that goes my way. Good games man, I'm sure I won't be so lucky next time.  ;)

Sol - Good game man, at first I felt bad for having to force you to pick a single character, but after seeing you tear your way through to 2nd place with your main I take that back, you owe me one ;D.

Hoppa - Diving into sonic booms isn't fun :-[, I definitely need more practice against guile. Thanks for the games man.

Pyro and Baz - Thanks guys for running the bracket when I was having my games and always checking if there was something I needed help with, really appreciate it.  :)

A special thanks to Ali (EXC355UM), for not only getting down the results on the day but also doing the write-up with the full results. I know I had the bracket sheets on me, but I think I just crashed after Thursday. It was the end of a month-long push to get everything up and running, so I just spaced out for a few days or maybe it was too much Marvel 3  ;D.

Once again I would like to thank the community for supporting GC's first Ranking Tournament. We have gained valuable insight into the timing and running of the tournament and are already in the process of making changes to ensure that future tournaments will be more smoother and enjoyable for the players.

There were several issues other issues that were brought up on the day in regards to the current chairs, seating for the audience, viewing of the games etc. but I'll be continuing the discussion in a new Galactic Circus thread, so keep and eye out for that.

Thanks a lot guys. Look forward to seeing you all again at Galactic Circus Ranking Tournament #2

GC| Chris Ho.
www.galacticcircus.com.au
Australia's Largest Indoor Interactive Theme Park

Offline oooOILooo

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 02:49:39 PM »
DAMN!

i didnt even know this was on! and to think i missed a chance to play for bottom spot in results...sheesh.

oh well.

oooOILooo

Though not the best player, you're clearly a decent person.