Author Topic: SSFIV AE consultation (for those who are serious in improving their level)  (Read 1545 times)

Offline akirahat

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Important note:
this will only be available in VIC (mainly around Melbourne and not somewhere like Swan Hill).

Have you ever wondered what it is that you are doing wrong to prevent you from improving, or what exactly should I do to improve further?  It is common for everyone who competes (at any level in any field) to hit a wall.  Sometimes it is a small wall and you will be able to jump over it with a bit of hard work.  If that's the case I recommend you press back now and I apologise for wasting 3 mins of your precious time.  If it so happens that the wall you are facing is a thick brick wall that can only be destroyed by a nuclear missle, maybe this will help.

I (and maybe few other people as my subordinate) will personally view your game play (live or recorded) and will go through step-by-step analysis to assist you in improving your game play.  Like Mago said, when he hits a wall, he asks his friend (Tokido, Momochi, Kindevu etc) for advice.

I will sit with you and view your game play (against someone else, not me) and provide you feedback and tips.  I'm also happy to answer any specific questions you have.  In addition, if necessary, there will be some homework.  Each session should only take between 30 to 45 mins (1 hour max).

Since this is still at trial stage and not so sure if there is any demand in the community, please post in the forum if anyone is interested.  I actually have made something like A to Z guidelines as to how to get to master level from 2000 BP in Japan but it's kinda my trade secret so didn't bother posting anywhere.  Besides, I believe it is hard to communicate or get message crossed in forum with texts only.

Since most of us work, I think it will mainly take place during weekends.  It can be done at any of the arcades or at someone's place where there is a proper set-up.  I need to find an equipment for recording the matches if you prefer to do it in the arcade but it shouldn't be a problem.

The session will basically take the following steps:

1. have some matches (will be recorded)
2. ask you for the feedback of the matches
3. view the replay
4. provide some tips
5. have some matches again with tips in mind
6. questions if you have any (+ homework)

Please post any queries in this forum and I will get back to you.

Regards
Akira (BOC)
スパⅣAEで、10試合やって1、2試合勝ったのは勝ったとは言いません。そこんとこをしっかり理解しましょうオーストラリアの皆さん。

Offline Paladinight

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Re: SSFIV AE consultation (for those who are serious in improving their level)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 11:21:38 PM »
I am, this sounds pretty good especially because I still have a long way to go. I have hit a huge plateau before and I took a break of like 3 months and then playing again to get over it, It wasn't very enjoyable trying to get over that plateau and I'm sure I will encounter much more difficult plateaus in the future; I hope (if I ever go to one of these) is that it can help me get to those future plateaus quicker and improve on them :D.

Offline Syntax

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 11:49:33 PM »
This kind of service sounds great...personally I wouldn't want to take up anyone's time though because my problems are more to do with chronic fimbling and 'low level' gameplay issues, but I'm sure there'd be some better players looking for this kind of advice!

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 07:19:34 AM »
I'm down for this sort of thing shooter. +1 interested

I'll swap PT for SFT haha

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 10:47:39 AM »
i envy melb for having this !
retired as best sent in aus
no more umvc3 time for sfxt

Offline Loki

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 12:37:10 PM »
I'm definitely interested in this, I really want to improve as a player this year and put more time into improving my game.

Offline Somniac

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 02:20:30 PM »
If you guys are actually interested in it, don't expect Akira to have to chase you up, you chase him up!

Offline akirahat

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 04:42:32 AM »
Thanks for voicing some interests.

Unfortunately, I will be too busy to manage this until the end of March due to my personal reasons, which came up rather unforseeably.

Thus, I plan to start this consultation from end of March.

If you are still interested, please PM me and we will take it from there.

Regards
Akira (BOC)
スパⅣAEで、10試合やって1、2試合勝ったのは勝ったとは言いません。そこんとこをしっかり理解しましょうオーストラリアの皆さん。