Author Topic: When do you use X-factor?  (Read 3543 times)

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gamerhold.com
Re: When do you use X-factor?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 02:15:40 AM »
I either save it for Akuma who is my last character.
Or use in the some X-23 combos like an FADC to kill one of their biggest threats.

Ex; Carnage's Wolverine
Moosekings Phoenix
Justice's Dante or Sent
etc..  :P

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 08:00:20 AM »
Saving your xfactor ONLY for level 3 is a big mistake. There are many optimal times to use it outside of saving it for your last character.

Times to use xfactor:

Lvl 1:
  • When your opponent only has one dangerous char, and you know once that char is gone they are pretty much as good as dead.
  • When you catch the point and assist, and a DHC will not kill off both chars
  • All your chars have taken huge damage and you need to heal (you won't use it like this very often, only when your assists have taken a huge beating but aren't dead)
  • To kill incoming char by chip (need to do this at a point BEFORE they will hit the ground or when they have used xfactor, otherwise they can just activate xfactor to negate chip). Generally want to save this for level 2/3 if you can, but there will be points on lvl 1 where doing this is the best option (killing off opponents 'threat' char for example)
  • Close to time out to recover health

Lvl 2:
  • All points listed above
  • Use to kill off opponents 2nd character when you are not scared of the chip damage potential of the third char (if the last char is storm, and they have 5 meters, AND you don't have a counter to hail like Hulks gamma crush, then you might want to consider saving xfactor)
  • Block stun cancel to instant super. This generally isn't worth doing at lvl 1 (unless you just cannot get the opponent off you). You can also block stun cancel a laggy move of your opponents so you can punish with a launch or whatever, and force them to eat the combo or to xfactor cancel themselves, to waste out both players xfactor.) This is especially important for chars like dorammu, who has a really good xfactor block stun cancel into qcf+ 2 attacks beam super. Also good with Haggar or anyone with a good command grab.
  • To deal massive damage to a char even though you might not kill him off, if you are significantly behind in health. You want to be in a situation where you can deal chip to kill the char off or have a reset opportunity. This one can be especially useful because of peoples tendency to tag out unsafely when one chars health is low, so you can bait that and then start off an xfactor combo to the incoming char when they tag (which is generally death or close to).

If the person has a safe DHC, then baiting the tag will be less effective (but not completely useless, it still takes 2 meters to DHC in, and even when people do have the meter, if you've shown that your never wait to punish the tag then they will more likely just to tag to save that meter)

Lvl 3:
  • All points listed above
  • When you hit any sort of combo obviously
  • When you have almost no health, and it doesn't look like you will have a chance to use it
  • Side note for level 3, if your final char cannot deal a lot of damage without an x factor cancel, don't feel like you have to use it. It's better to wait for the opportune time to use it then to just throw it out there and hope for a hit. If you don't get a good chance to use and you end up dying, it doesn't matter. Over a lot of games, waiting for the proper time to use it WILL get you more wins then just random activate.

*Side notes:

Don't be scared of xfactor sent unless you don't have enough health to take chip. He xfactors, you run away till it's over. There is very little sent can do to get a solid hit on someone when they're sj away besides doing HSF to catch you landing (for chip only).

If you are in a position where you will lose to chip, rush, don't run. Rushing against lvl 3 sent is only a bad choice when you have health to lose, if you are going to die to chip anyway then give yourself a chance to win by forcing pressure on sent. He is big, and many chars have instant overheads (even Haggar has one haha) to combo.

Also, why do you need Xfactor to kill Phoenix  EXC355UM? I think every char has a 100% on her without it.
Stop sandbagging.

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 12:40:53 PM »
I know, I was just listing players best characters, and Phoenix is Moosekings best. :P

Offline ABM|ace

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 01:21:16 PM »
Nice write up Tom, was a very helpful read :)

Ali... that must be some crazy Phoenix if you need x-factor to kill it :P
<SR> i go for girls that can speak canto
<humanbomb> I thought SR is gay !

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 01:29:40 PM »
It's not the phoenix I'm worried about. The bitch is crazy when she becomes dark phoenix. :P
Seriously, so much flames, speed... no idea whats going on.

Offline ABM|ace

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 02:05:51 PM »
Yeh, Dark Phoenix is SSF4 Ken in permanent U2 lol. I don't understand why more scrubs don't use Phoenix, she has lots of fire.... Thats why they liked Ken in SF4 right? lol
<SR> i go for girls that can speak canto
<humanbomb> I thought SR is gay !

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 02:33:33 PM »
Scrubs like Ken because he is retardedly easy to use. Not use well, mind you, but use.

Phoenix...not so much. Dante is the Ken of this game.

I save Xfactor for Dark Phoenix. If she X3's in Dark Phoenix mode, and you have already used yours, your just going to get chipped into oblivion.
Play Skullgirls

Offline Jim

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 02:48:06 PM »
Yeh, Dark Phoenix is SSF4 Ken in permanent U2 lol. I don't understand why more scrubs don't use Phoenix, she has lots of fire.... Thats why they liked Ken in SF4 right? lol

Generally ppl use chars they're familiar with in vs games, like ur ryus, dantes, wolvies, etc.
Proud inventor of the 'Jimmy Special'

Offline Jaykuy

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/juliankuy
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 01:24:58 AM »
i usually use xfactor on my last character which is usually tron but if i catch an assist during battle i would finish my combo do a super then xfactor super to make sure i kill their assist and their currently controlled character, sometimes if i really want to save one of my characters for example zero.. since he is my best character. i would activate xfactor while i'm being chipped out near death.