Author Topic: [Syd GGS] 25 Feb 2011 - MvC3 or SSF4AE Tournament  (Read 3809 times)

CPS2

Re: [Syd GGS] 25 Feb 2011 - MvC3 or SSF4AE Tournament
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 10:12:44 PM »
I'm gonna bail out. Not enough online signups for a tournament and I don't feel like paying $15 to spend most of the time waiting for a game.

Offline Leia

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 11:27:43 AM »
If there are no MvC3 Tournament i will have casual setups.

From 7pm - 12am ($10 per person) will be 1 x PS3 and 1 x XBOX but if i have room i will have a 3rd one up.

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 02:26:24 PM »
SSF4: AE ploqz
Games I play:
USF4, CS:GO, WoW

Offline ikkey-

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 04:49:57 PM »
I'm really sorry to pull out last minute but I'm stuck at work tonight :(

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2011, 05:43:42 PM »
SSF4AE + MVC3 for me :D
[11:09] <ABM|HB> adam go eat a dick!
[11:09] <Karaface> hb go eat a dick : <3 : mine trolololololol

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 06:00:41 PM »
fury blitz+ me down for whatever
retired as best sent in aus
no more umvc3 time for sfxt

CPS2

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2011, 10:58:17 AM »
Apparently there was a lot of crying about "this is why people don't level up," when I said I wasn't coming to GGs yesterday. FYI, you don't level up by standing around with 10 people, waiting to play on one of two setups. I had people at my house and we played non-stop. That's how you level up. Also I heard it was Yang and Henry doing most of the crying, why? You two trash the game non-stop, you don't even like it. Why would you care where I play?

Seriously tho the guys who live closer to the city don't really get that us westies travel a LOT, and we always bring setups. I do get that we need new players, and it isn't going to happen if we just have meetups at people's houses. GGs needs to accommodate us and allow more than 2 setups (we can and do bring them!), and Friday nights are just shit for casuals. Nobody wants to travel 2+ hours, then spend most of the time waiting, not playing. There's a lot of room at GGs but nearly all of it is for arcade machines and card players.

I'm still deciding whether to try setting something up on a Saturday at GGs. It's a lot of hassle and tbh I'd rather just play in the west for now. This is the most efficient way to get better, believe it or not, playing a lot, and not traveling far literally every time you have a meetup.

It's really ironic that it's Yang and Henry. Before you cry about me not supporting the fighting game community, how about you stop trying to openly get everyone to quit MvC3? Do you think this brings in new players? Having a tournament where you spend most of the time waiting, saying things like "this game sucks, Aus sucks, ur all free lol." Good job guys.

Offline ABM|ace

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2011, 12:59:50 PM »
TBH the best way to level up right now is to go to Cabramatta and play with those guys lol
<SR> i go for girls that can speak canto
<humanbomb> I thought SR is gay !

Offline hebretto

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2011, 01:08:06 PM »
Is there no other way to level-up other than to play the game non-stop? You can't learn the game from watching your fellow peers and analyse the match in progress with others that's standing around? I learned a lot from watching others play last night because there was a large array of players and the variety of characters used gave me a better understanding of what they can/cannot do. I probably learned more from watching the matches while I was waiting, than the ones I actually played. Because I was outside of the situation I was able to see what six different characters could do.

I don't like how the game has turned out and it's level of brokenness. But that's my opinion. When/where did I start telling people to boycott/quit this game simply because I didn't like it? I have my reservations about the game but I'm still open to have casuals at my place because I want this community to level-up. There are some players out there still trying to work their way around the game and if there's something I can do, I'll try and help them out. I haven't told anyone to "fck off I hate this game" when we're talking about the game. I know this isn't a game for me, but I'm not going to enforce my judgement upon others.

You weren't there, but I'm hoping for those that WERE at the tournament last night, to attest that I didn't spend my waiting time saying things like "Aus sucks" or "ur all free". Instead I was watching the matches and giving pointers to players I spectated. Your sources might have played a bit of Chinese whispers there.

Offline ABM|ace

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2011, 01:11:55 PM »
You weren't there, but I'm hoping for those that WERE at the tournament last night, to attest that I didn't spend my waiting time saying things like "Aus sucks" or "ur all free". Instead I was watching the matches and giving pointers to players I spectated. Your sources might have played a bit of Chinese whispers there.

Nah, Yang was there to teach one of our child prodigies, skitzr lol. Yang also spent most of the night being salty :)
<SR> i go for girls that can speak canto
<humanbomb> I thought SR is gay !

Offline shaboogen

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2011, 01:30:07 PM »
"There's a lot of room at GGs but nearly all of it is for arcade machines and card players."

I'm sorry, but this is easily the most hilarious thing I've read all day.

You realise that in order to accomodate for the room that those two setups took, GGs were putting card gamers in front of the safe blocking the fucking toilet just so they'd have a place to play?

The place is a fucking card shop, where do you get off thinking you have any right to tell GGs what they NEED to do? Consider yourself fortunate they have given you a place to play to start with you ungrateful shit.

D.S
I guess it\'s too much to ask that you see the point rather than just how it was said.

CPS2

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2011, 01:41:47 PM »
I can watch matches on youtube. GGs is logically a place to go and actually play. At the moment there's value there for tournaments, but none for casuals.

As yes Yang I've heard you say "I'll choose Sentintel and make you hate this game," which seems like a first order optimal strategy (thing is picked up here), and not the long term dominating thing, most likely. Henry is one of the "Aus sucks, ur all free" people.

Anyway I've put my point across. If there's not enough signups for a tournament, and the OP saying you need a minimum amount for it to go ahead, I won't be going, simple as that. Unless there's a compelling reason for me to go, such as actually playing.

I don't want to hear about "oh it's only $10 for casuals" or "you've been here long enough to know we'll do a tournament anyway, even with 8 players." Say what you mean from the beginning, and I'll still decide if it's worth it. Fridays have just been rubbish for casuals for as long as I can remember, I typically go to enter the tournament and hang out, when I go. It's like a "test," and you need more than just tests to get better.  Just going "test test test" is an incredibly fast way to stagnate. I've said this on irc every time the topic comes up of "you need to go to GGs to level up," I feel if you only play offline at GGs rather than locally (wherever is local), you won't get better. So if GGs isn't doing casual sessions properly, don't go there.

shaboogen: GGs can do whatever they want. I'm telling Henry and Yang to stop crying when I'm explaining why I see it as a waste of time.