Author Topic: [MELB] Collingwood Meetup  (Read 4150 times)

Re: [MELB] Collingwood Meetup
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2011, 03:07:24 AM »
Thanks everybody for coming and bringing a setup. Big thank you to Ali for running the tourney and helping post up the change of address on the forums, Bugsimus with helping me with the relocation and with doorman duties, and Chris for coming down and helping sort things out with the Collingwood library.

I want to apologise for the inconvenience caused, and the last minute notice. There was a mixup with the records in the library, and we were double booked with the theatre group called Bird on Fence?? So we had to rush to Fitzroy library before six to grab the key and negotiate with the librarians there who could have made ours lives very difficult but chose to give us some slack on this one.

I think because we compromised and gave up Collingwood to them tonight we will be able to get our regular second and fourth week of the month bookings back. (Apparently we were booked into another room by mistake so Bird on Fence was then able to book every Friday in the month of March). I will double check with the Collingwood library for our March bookings and thanks again to Chris for helping as well.

Congratulations to both top 8s as well, and I hope you all had a good time. See you guys on Sunday.
My "chronicles of a scrub": http://beingascrub.com/

chris

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 06:00:18 PM »
Hey guys hope you all had a good time

Mutton and everyone that rocked up, I'm so sorry there was a mixup with venue. Hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience and that everyone understood that it wasn't Mutton's fault and that it won't happen again.

I've spoken to gary at the library and he's in the process of finding alternative rooms for the other group, so fingers crossed 2nd and 4th Friday of March should be reserved for Mutton. At the very worst the meetup may have to be relocated to the Fitzroy room again but gary's basically told me he'll do everything he can to make sure that we get the Collingwood room.

Also sorry i couldn't make this one. I really wanted to, but, as mutton could probably tell, I had a few probs with the home reno and couldn't really leave the job half done. Hopefully i'll be able to come to a few random meets and also random arcade but will be getting further and further behind without a console at home.

PS has toxy changed his nick? TTC|WHISKER?

Offline Syntax

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2011, 10:48:35 PM »
Sorry for all the trouble you guys had to go through. :( Thanks so much for putting this on anyway! I was glad I came back out when I realised it was still on. Hopefully they'll do right by everyone and grant us our bookings back, but if it comes to it, Fitzroy isn't so bad...