Author Topic: [Melb] GC SSF4AE Ranking Tournament #2 - 7.00PM Thur 3/3/11  (Read 2469 times)

Offline GalacticCircus

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
[Melb] GC SSF4AE Ranking Tournament #2 - 7.00PM Thur 3/3/11
« on: February 28, 2011, 10:47:52 PM »
Hey Guys.

Just making the announcement for our next GC Tournament, hopefully the Marvel fever will have subsided a little by then
so we can get a little more Arcade action happening.   :P

There will be a couple of changes this time around in regards to the entry fee and prize structure, but just to remind you guys again its all part of our  trials in an efforts to find whats best for both the community and the venue, so here it goes:

Melbourne Galactic Circus Ranking Tournament #2

Venue: Galactic Circus, Crown Entertainment Complex.

Date and Time: 7.00PM, Thursday 3rd of March 2011

Sign-ups will start from 6.00PM. If you think you might run late, let me know either here or on facebook and I'll pass you my number so you can contact me. Alternatively, you can have some one else notify me and thats cool as well.

Free Parking on Clarke St/Haig St.
Here is the Google Maps link: http://tiny.cc/r5uxy

Format and Rules:
- 1 Match (5 rounds)
- Double Elimination
- Double Jeopardy will be allowed provided it is convenient to do so.
- Top 8 will be seeded, random seeding thereafter.

Entry Fee and Prizes:
Entry Fee: $5 Per Player, every entrant will receive a 30-min Time Card.

Cash Prize Distribution: Cash prizes will awarded to the Top 2 players with an approximate distribution of 45/15 of the the total entry fees.

This is an example of the cash prize distribution for a tournament with 32-entrants.

1st Place - $72 Cash + 30-min Time Card
2nd Place - $24 Cash + 30-min Time Card

All other entrants will still receive a 30-min Time Card as part of entering the tournament.

This week we'll try using the same cash prize distribution that is used at Boxhill Timeout and see how that goes. $5 entry fee with cash prizes going to first and second place, you guys should all be familiar with this by now so it shouldn't be anything new.

The biggest change this week however is that instead of giving out Cash Cards to all the entrants, we'll be giving out Time Cards instead. So just a bit of information for those who aren't familiar with how our Time Cards work.

Galactic Circus Time Cards
At GC, we have special Time Cards which, as their name implies runs off time. With the Time Cards you are allowed to play unlimited Arcade games for the duration of the card, those are games that don't give out prizes (i.e claw games) and games that don't give out tickets. Also newly released games are usually aren't available for time play until a few months after they have been in the venue.

So games like Bishi Bashi, Time Crisis, Battle Gear and DDR are all considered as Arcade games and can be play an unlimited amount for the duration of the Time Card.

The only issue at the moment is that Street Fighter is currently not on time play since it is still a fairly new release. So by giving out Time Cards instead of Cash Cards, it does in a sense defeat our original purpose of giving all the players who enter our tournament something in return that they can use to practice in their own time and level up their game before the next one.

However, the CEO's want to see how this will run, so we'll have to work with it for this week tournament. Its not an entirely bad deal especially for you Bishi Bashi fans, the value of the Time Card is significantly higher than the $10 Cash Card for those of you who are fans of arcade games.

For those that are solely into Street Fighter though, I'll do my best to try and find out what the CEO's plans are in regards to switching it over to timeplay, it will happen eventually, so its just a matter of when.

Regardless though, whether it be a Time Card or a Cash Card, what we really need to show the CEO's are results. So if you guys can make it out to the tournament, we can show them that there is indeed a strong demand for Street Fighter in Melbourne and that will give us all the reasons we need to put in request for more cabinets and more events.

Thanks a lot guys, hope to see you all there.

GC| Chris Ho.

P.S To Andrew and Pal, I've still got your $10 Cash Cards from the last tournament. I'll bring them for you on Thursday and you can grab them from me then.
www.galacticcircus.com.au
Australia's Largest Indoor Interactive Theme Park

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gamerhold.com
Re: [Melb] GC SSF4AE Ranking Tournament #2 - 7.00PM Thur 7/3/11
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 11:01:53 PM »
Funny thing is, I was just about to make this thread and I got an sms from you Chris. :P
I put it on Shadowloo though, but have changed the details to match this one.  ;D

http://bit.ly/eojebp  :p:

Offline Somniac

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 11:14:54 PM »
Let's do this  ;D
Burnout might get some footage of the games outside of the finals for his channel so keep an eye out

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 11:24:08 PM »
We should all chip in and get Burnout an actual camera. :P

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 05:19:32 PM »
Just a reminder this is on tomorrow people.

@Chris: So, we got new chairs yet?..  ;D

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 09:52:26 PM »
isnt the 7th March a monday? i think you meant 3rd march ?? :P

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 09:56:34 PM »
oh i might have to work back so i most likely miss out.. bugger :(

Offline GalacticCircus

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Re: [Melb] GC SSF4AE Ranking Tournament #2 - 7.00PM Thur 3/3/11
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 11:57:03 PM »
Oops, you're right John. Sorry about that guys, its on the 3rd of March, my bad.  :P

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 01:37:05 PM »
Remember guys, this is on tonight! Hope to see a lot of you there.

Also Chris, still no word on new chairs?..  ;D

Offline Somniac

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 01:53:36 PM »
I would think more of us would need to start showing up to justify more changes than have already been planned.
We can't really expect to have the place pimped out if we're only bringing about 30ish players bi-weekly.

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 01:56:45 PM »
While I do agree that we need more numbers to justify changes. I still think 30+ is still a very solid number.
Many SSFIV:AE tournaments don't see those sorts of numbers.

But, since we do have 60+ active fighters, I hope to see more of them show up tonight.  :p:

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 02:03:58 PM »
I'll be honest, Galatic Circus is lucky to have Chris, dude works really hard for them it seems.
Play Skullgirls

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 02:07:15 PM »
That's why more people should make the effort to show up, because of the effort Chris has put in to get this going.  :p:

Offline GalacticCircus

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 02:35:37 PM »
Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it.  :)

In regards to the new chairs, I'll speak to the CEO's later today to see what they think about it. I've been a little bit slower in approaching them lately because I don't want to
overload them with too many things too soon. Getting the height fixed and the buttons changed was a really big win for us and from here on out things can only get better.

Hope to see you all there tonight  :p: