Author Topic: Playing SSFIV AE in Japan  (Read 1746 times)

Playing SSFIV AE in Japan
« on: March 06, 2011, 11:40:09 PM »
Been in Japan for a week and have had a few games at Shinjuku Club Sega.. getting butt kicked but its interesting seeing all sorts of people playing here..

Even saw this girl using Vega/Hakan which was very cool.

Lots of Makoto's ive seen, there was even this ZakBennett dude which apparently is some top UK player here owning with Yun.

Would be good to see how some of AU's guys went in the arcades here!

..Had a go of SFIV on 3DS as well, the screen on the thing is surprisingly good..the weird rear angle view is a bit odd, otherwise, pretty damn good.

Offline Heavy Weapons

Re: Playing SSFIV AE in Japan
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 12:01:14 AM »
nice man how long you staying for?? Any sagats?
Oi Oi Moi. Best Crunch Heavy Punch in melbourne! fimblers and fimblettes get slapped silleh!

Offline Gamogo

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 12:30:52 AM »
Zak Bennet is an awesome Balrog player who also used Akuma in vanilla - he kinda dropped off the radar for a while so its cool to hear he's still playing :D
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 12:14:12 PM »
Heavy: Yeah only one so far, he was pretty damn good too..no card/name or anything..

Gamogo: Cool, did a bit of googling and apparenly he also has a pretty high ranked makoto here..

was interesting to see some games here, seems pretty high level and there was rarely a scrubby match..

Offline Dirkinator_

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 04:19:21 PM »
im jealous

Offline Genxa

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 11:10:37 AM »
If you want monsters, go to Game Safari in Ikebukuro.
I was there on day1 of AE and killed TKD's Elf a few times.
Got demolished by Daigo and Mago though.

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 02:58:44 AM »
Im in Osaka now, only played in Shinjuku so didn't get to see them at all. Playing a few at the Namba Club Sega here

Had an interesting conversation to some locals tonight - a married couple in fact who played SF every night - in their 30's - Who'd have thought. She had a few other female friends there all playing..and they were all pretty decent. Very cool.

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 06:04:29 AM »
thats so awesome :)
Oi Oi Moi. Best Crunch Heavy Punch in melbourne! fimblers and fimblettes get slapped silleh!

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 12:14:31 PM »
Stuck some SFIV stuff on my blog - http://aaronactive.net - expanding a bit more on the guys I spoke to and a few other bits and pieces.

Was in Osaka when that earthquake occured...we actually felt the ground move (and I've never felt one a quake before) - while it was nowhere near as bad as tokyo, there were people walking out on the streets..very weird. Didn't hear about the devastation until we got back to the Hotel (lifts closed) and saw what was happening on the TV they brought out..horrible shit and lucky to get out of Tokyo on 2 days before it happened.

Meeks

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 02:53:19 PM »
Hope your trip is not hampered by what has happened Aaron.

Also, hope Akira's family and relatives back home are safe and unharmed.

Offline whatcudgowrong

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 08:58:59 PM »
Had an interesting conversation to some locals tonight - a married couple in fact who played SF every night - in their 30's - Who'd have thought. She had a few other female friends there all playing..and they were all pretty decent. Very cool.

They exist? I heard of such mythical creatures but have never seen one before.  :D

Offline allyoucaneat

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 09:56:12 PM »
good read at your aaronactive.net! great pictures too man. i wanna check out that  Super Potato shop, sounds awesome. cool pics too.
"** As I write this the hotel is swaying! its 10:30am Sunday (Japan Time) and the room was creaking little..".. stuff that!

oi man, so you're staying in contact with the people you met at Club Sega - the cody player n couple (nurse n dentist) ?
"I feel that it's the act of quietly accepting defeat without making excuses" Daigo after being asked what's the most difficult thing in fgs ^^

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 10:09:42 PM »
thanks man,

unfortunately i didn't get their details

people trip out about the hotel room..while you're in there, i didnt really worry too much..i knew they get that a lot and the place was built with a bit of swaying in mind...