Author Topic: [Syd GGS] 18 Mar 2011 - SSF4AE Tournament 1v1  (Read 5967 times)

AtomicX

Re: [Syd GGS] 18 Mar 2011 - SSF4AE Tournament 1v1
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2011, 01:32:37 PM »
I'm interested in Marvel casuals only if there is a consistent turn around in goes, i.e. have a best of 3 or 5 set (I know marvel games go quick!), then let the next person waiting in.

I'm not interested if I have to wait while someone has their 20th go, considering I only stay till 11pm and I want to get my monies worth. YES I know "Just tell them to get off", but you really shouldn't have to.

Yes I must be feeling grumpy today.  :D

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2011, 01:36:51 PM »
kev i wanna play some marvel son

jack
so i herd u coming to ggs
u know what that means ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ?? ?
BT CHICKEN
NO ESCAPE
CEO of ABM. Bringin the HATE since 08 son
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1660/img0546vx.jpg

Offline Gamogo

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2011, 01:52:20 PM »
lol. Poor Jack. Welcomed back with BT torture.

Alas, we knew him well.
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

Offline Leia

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2011, 02:12:12 PM »
Please post here, i won't accept people rocking up.
For anyone out there looking at setting up their own business or currently running one, this is a perfect example of how NOT to treat your customers.

I have never heard of someone turning away people willing to give them money.

Haha, maybe you mistook my comments.

What i was referring to is i need to know the numbers beforehand as i cannot cater for excess amount of numbers.

If only 1 signs up and 30 people just show up then i have a problem right?

the people who turn up to these events are on the forums and if you sign up and tell me your comming then i can make your experience more enjoyable.

Hope i make myself clear and if you think i don't put Customers Service first you go ask everyone else.

My reputation speaks for itself.

Offline ABM|Moca

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2011, 02:15:18 PM »
I should be down then.

Offline Leia

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2011, 02:53:52 PM »
Ok i should have around 3 setups tonight, but i will start setting them up around 7pm.

See ya all tonight.

Offline Jack

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ozhadou.net
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2011, 02:55:57 PM »
kev i wanna play some marvel son

jack
so i herd u coming to ggs
u know what that means ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ?? ?
BT CHICKEN
NO ESCAPE

:o :o :o :o :o

lol. Poor Jack. Welcomed back with BT torture.

Alas, we knew him well.

I know I know!!!!!!!!
The better you are in Street Fighter... The shitter you are in Studying...

Offline Genxa

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2011, 05:12:29 PM »
Jack maybe the BT chicken will make your eyes water so much, they unblur!

Offline Jack

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ozhadou.net
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2011, 12:18:48 PM »
I would like to continue the discussion re: the cost of $15 entry fee.

So far we have Gamogo and CP2 got concerns (anyone else?)

Firstly, your inputs are appreciated. However, do you know the full arrangement of the $15? Any of the Friday night regulars will and do know the benefits... they are just shy and not sharing nor posting. I also see your concern regarding the high price tag which would scare you or potential players joining/participating.

Secondly, I must stress that we don't see any of the regulars 'complained' about the $15. No, not true? Then please voice it out now, regulars.

So why don't they complained? I'll invite you to find out...

Here is our proposal. Next tournament will be:
1. FREE entry
2. No cash prize, because there is no cash pooling.
3. 1 match, double elimination.
4. Max players will be 32.
5. Once the tournament is over, we will switch off the FREE PLAY mode (since you are not paying $15).

What do you say guys? Are you in? Will you come out NOW?  Will it increase attendances?

PS: Genxa runs a great show, please show respect for this man!

Now, to address Vindk8's suggestion:
1. Wed nights
2. $10
3. 6-9pm

Do-able? When do you want this to start?

Sorry for my absence last night, but we had discussions re: the above. I look forward to hear everyone's input re: the above.
The better you are in Street Fighter... The shitter you are in Studying...

Meeks

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2011, 12:58:11 PM »
I think some people are asking for a lower fee, not a free ride  :)

Offline ABM|monmi

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2011, 02:49:07 PM »
I'm assuming the free tournament on Friday is just a temporary thing to entice new players to join and old players to come back. Perhaps make it a team tournament? New people tend to not join if they think they will get bodied free. So maybe have at least one ggs regular team up with a new player per team. Just a suggestion. I will do what I can to get people from the Blacktown scene to come since they recently got AE there.

As far as the 15$ tournament pricing goes towards the regulars. I can't speak for everyone but I think most of us are just used to it by now. It would be great if it could get lowered though due to the reasons posted in this thread. Although having a free tournament one week and a 15$ the next just because new people are coming would look kind of weird. Have you guys talked about an adjusted price for the long run?

On Wednesdays, who would be running it? I remember Kev telling Ace that the main problem with running off peak casuals was people they could trust to handle things since they have full time jobs to shuffle around. I'm just curious on who stepped up.

[16:06] <@humanbomb> stick with viper mon
[16:07] <@humanbomb> you are not good enough to learn new chars xd

AtomicX

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2011, 04:22:07 PM »
Sorry for my absence last night

I'm sad you weren't there!

Secondly, I must stress that we don't see any of the regulars 'complained' about the $15. No, not true? Then please voice it out now, regulars.

I agree with what Monmi said.

Once the tournament is over, we will switch off the FREE PLAY mode (since you are not paying $15).

Freeplay was switched off after the tournament even when paying $15. It was just 10 or so free credits were put into the machine after the tournament was over that's all.

Offline Leia

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2011, 08:42:30 AM »
Once the tournament is over, we will switch off the FREE PLAY mode (since you are not paying $15).

Freeplay was switched off after the tournament even when paying $15. It was just 10 or so free credits were put into the machine after the tournament was over that's all.
[/quote]

When was this?

AtomicX

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2011, 02:16:13 PM »
When was this?
I've been to every GGs Friday this year so just saying what I've observed. I'm not complaining I just didn't want Jack to think freeplay was left on all night that's all. Even in the tournament sign up rules it states:
After the tourny finishes, machines will be left on free play for a short period of time.
That short period of time was usually 5 minutes after the Grand Final.  ;D

Now, to address Vindk8's suggestion:
1. Wed nights
2. $10
3. 6-9pm

Do-able? When do you want this to start?

I think this is a good idea. Is anyone checking this thread anymore though?

Offline Madenka AU

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2011, 02:26:52 AM »
I'm quite disappointed to come back to the forum reading this topic of all topics.

I know about the inner workings of everything that happens with the Arcade set ups in GGs including console set ups. Kevin needs more support from the Street Fighter community. Some things I'm going to address now on behalf of myself, my opinions are my own and do not reflect those of anyone else.

1. Good Games is not an arcade. It is the fastest growing home gaming business in Australia. It has opened 12 locations between Melbourne and Sydney. Good Games Sydney 5 years ago was the first store opened and is considered what we in the gaming business refer to as the premier. Kevin's revenue is separate from Good Games. The fact of the matter is that Good Games makes more money selling 4 DND miniatures than a Friday arcade session as of late, so don't go thinking we havn't done all we can for you.

2. Space equals money. Some people might not realise this straight away but space in the city, especially our city is a valuable commodity. The amount of room for machines is almost a third of our entire customer space! The only reason it is cramped is because it is shared on a Friday night by two other groups, Tekken & Magic. Consoles take up additional space that I have to compensate for. As a side note from now on I don't want to hear people complain to me that it is too hot, too cramped and/or too noisy. I generally already know this well before you do. If you don't like it then arrange with your mates to come in on a different day.

3. Kevin is godlike but he isn't Galactic Circus. I watched Kevin's business grow from within GGs since the beginning. He has been more committed to his customers than anyone else I know. Frankly he is an inspiration to me. He has invested a lot of money and time into the continual maintenance and latest releases of arcade games in Sydney. How many of you actually know how much an arcade board costs? Do you even know how much a cab costs? How much it costs to have delivered? I didn't until I became more involved with Kevin and since then I have always been grateful we have someone like him in our community.

I know that some of you made the effort to come to Good Games during the week to play SF and I can't blame you for not coming in more often simply because everyone else insists on playing at GW. I'm not going to tell anyone where to play but remember that Kevin offers something that Galaxy World will never be able to offer, a comprehensible tournament scene and customer service greater than measurable. If you choose to continually not support Kevin then there will be no turning back and you risk killing something that has always given back to you.

Norman MacPherson