Author Topic: [SFxT] Street Fighter x Tekken Thread  (Read 39484 times)

Re: Street Fighter x Tekken Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 01:47:06 AM »
Joudan kick into Shin Shoryuken now that is some hype shit. Nina's super or whatever was pretty sick, I hope they keep that shit down in length, don't need no Final Fantasy Summon length ultras like Evil Ryu, Oni and Juri in this.

*looking forward to the eventual Heihaichi vs Akuma trailer*

Ken's HK overhead into target combo into mp srk, nice.
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 01:56:19 AM »
http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfxtk/ch_marduk.html#main_menu

the graphics look so smooth and i love the health and super bars the look awesome sorta reminds me of older sf games so cant wait for this. and imo i dont believe that this will be too similar to sf4 sure it will be similar in ways but i think this game looks like it will play very differently i can i see ppl playing both.Cant wait For Sagat :) they better put him in godammit!
Oi Oi Moi. Best Crunch Heavy Punch in melbourne! fimblers and fimblettes get slapped silleh!

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 02:09:30 AM »
the graphics look so smooth and i love the health and super bars the look awesome sorta reminds me of older sf games so cant wait for this. and imo i dont believe that this will be too similar to sf4 sure it will be similar in ways but i think this game looks like it will play very differently i can i see ppl playing both.Cant wait For Sagat :) they better put him in godammit

Yeah quite a few differences, looks to using floor and wall bounce a lot and an emphasis on juggling, ditching ultras to go back to the multiple super bar system (I'm guessing the tag supers are level 3...) and the obvious one being the tag system of course. I wonder how they'll do the K.O part.. as soon as one character hits zero like Tekken Tag?

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 02:22:20 AM »
as soon as one character hits zero like Tekken Tag?

looks like that for now.

Yeah I just read some of those interviews, gotta use a bar to tag out, should provide some interesting meter management.. lolwut @ chun's lighting legs now being halfcircle forward + kick, that won't last. Ryu's EX Shoryuken = Shin Shoryuken.

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 02:28:27 AM »
to be honest, it looks like MvC3 without super jumps

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 02:52:00 AM »
Having two fighters is going to be a little weird, especially considering you can tag to make moves safe. Meter management might just be the most important thing in this game. Also, the juggle potential looks crazy. Wonder what the damage scaling/hit stun is going to work out as?

Also, it looks like fighters are just kinda breezing through projectiles. Ono also said that projectiles were less of a focus in this game. Weird to put Guile in then, but whatever. Wonder if Sim is going to make the cut? Or Sagat?

The roster is going to be very interesting indeed. I don't really know anything about Tekken, so I can't comment on character specifics, but could someone with some knowledge comment on how Tekken characters are different from one another besides combos? (I don't understand that game.)

Maybe we'll finally see the glorious return of Rolento. Hope we're not just stuck with the Super Turbo + others character selection like 4.

Whatever, I'm hype.

Did they say anything about an arcade release?
Play Skullgirls

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 02:58:45 AM »
Looks more like an inbetween SFIV and MVC3, tag system is more like Tekken and it costs a bar, SFIV characters are still linked based (and some writers think plinking is removed, saw another that said Ken's kara throw didn't work but it's very early..). Has some interesting elements of its own thrown in, speaking of new stuff it seems Chun's Lighting Legs is her "charge move", which is why it got turned into half circle forward. Do the motion to do it normally, with no meter hold the button to delay it, with 1 bar it turns it into ex and two bars turns it into a super. Ryu's is fireball, Ken's Hurricane Kick etc.

http://shoryuken.com/content/street-fighter-x-tekken-gameplay-gametrailers-plus-ono-interview-4200/

First vid their with Chun Li shows off that charge thing, nice to see Ken's kneebash throw as well as 3S MK overhead is back in one vid. Joudan Kick is already in.. hopefully Chunners upkicks is a separate move now.

Maybe we'll finally see the glorious return of Rolento. Hope we're not just stuck with the Super Turbo + others character selection like 4.

Ono from the destructoid article.

http://www.destructoid.com/preview-street-fighter-x-tekken-198633.phtml

"[For] the Street Fighter side of things," explains Ono about the character selection process, "what we didn't want to do is limit it to Street Fighter IV, because that's very easy, they're a very similar style."

What he says is that they have their "eyes cast on a much wider range, on the entire Street Fighter universe." We may even see some familiar, yet somewhat forgotten face: "There's certain characters that haven't appeared in a while or at all, and the people have been requesting them for years. We're going to do our best to get as many of those characters in, as well."

Sounds like Rolento to me... maybe Karin as well... I'm guessing Abel and Juri (popular in Japan and high up in mvc3 dlc requests on capcom unity) will be the SFIV original reps. Viper had MVC3... Rufus.. well Bob is already in... and El Fuerte.. lol... won't even bother to mention that other guy..

findlay_stuart

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 11:43:40 AM »
Will never understand Dan being in anything. Surley Sagat has to make it.

Looks like a good game, I'd take to this better than MVC by the looks of the game play.

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 12:51:58 PM »
I hope Dan being thrown aside by kazuya in the first trailer is his only involvement in this game....

Anyway looks like Ono has selected the cast based on pairings and that's how he will introduce them. Probably have cammy as chun li's partner going by the intro for super... No idea for bob... I bet dictator and juri get unveiled together..

I see no arcade release ATM... Seems silly not to use the tekken brand that is so strong throughout Asia in the arcades... Especially since Ono really wants tekken fans to play this... Maybe they'll pull an AE type situation just on a larger scale...

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 03:15:29 PM »
First vid their with Chun Li shows off that charge thing, nice to see Ken's kneebash throw as well as 3S MK overhead is back in one vid. Joudan Kick is already in.. hopefully Chunners upkicks is a separate move now.

It's not. 

http://www.play-mag.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/SAM_0684.jpg

Yeah I just read some of those interviews, gotta use a bar to tag out, should provide some interesting meter management.. lolwut @ chun's lighting legs now being halfcircle forward + kick, that won't last. Ryu's EX Shoryuken = Shin Shoryuken.

I was all ready to actually play Chun in a game besides SFIV, and they're all like "oh no, she has no mash move". Wtf? If you want people to be able to hold down the last press of a mash move, make it three presses like HDR, it's not that hard. Re:meter management, it's like MvC actually, you can just raw tag for no meter, it only costs bar to "Tag Cancel" which makes the tag safe.
This game glorifies violence. I love it for this reason.

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 05:26:50 PM »
Wasn't listed and I'm sure a lot of things will get changed around from now until release, the e3 build is alot further ahead, they have just shown off an old build at captivate. You can look at sfiv loketest footage and see a massive difference from that too vanilla.

Offline Gamogo

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2011, 10:10:12 AM »

8 mins of gameplay. Quite a bit is shown here that I found a lot more interesting than previous footage. The charging fireballs and Chun charging EX legs is kinda cool.

I'm not liking the chosen colour palette though. A lot of the stages are gaudy as all hell and combined with the characters and HUD results in awful tone clashes. Its as if the stages have been created by individual teams without coordinating their work or something.

Interesting looking game though. The tag system looks like it has the potential to create some pretty wicked combos. I'm hanging out to see Akuma in this mess though :D
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

Offline TheMuso

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.themuso.com
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2011, 10:36:33 AM »
After watching this video, I am liking this game more. It feels a bit faster to me, which I like. I also like the camera angle changes with throws and various other moves. IMO this is how SSFIV should have played, speed and camera wise at least.