Author Topic: [SFxT] Street Fighter x Tekken Thread  (Read 39465 times)

Re: Street Fighter x Tekken Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 12:06:53 PM »
Yeah I remember everyone was hyped when people thought Super had slightly faster speed...

I'm not liking the chosen colour palette though. A lot of the stages are gaudy as all hell and combined with the characters and HUD results in awful tone clashes. Its as if the stages have been created by individual teams without coordinating their work or something

Reading neogaf impressions from a few people @ the event they told people they were experimenting with the colour palette to get some feedback from the community, I expect it to be different @ E3. Also the HUD should definately change. look @ SFIV's March loketest vid that was 4 months prior to the game, completely different HUD and announcer to what came.
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 09:52:45 PM »
The art style at the moment looks like some sort of 3D Art of Fighting, or Fatal Fury 2/Special but in 3D.

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2011, 07:02:47 PM »
The game should have Zangief and King do this.

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2011, 01:45:45 AM »
I got my team

Offline John Tran

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2011, 11:34:58 PM »
Atm I am looking at Kazuya and Ryu :D but that could easily change.

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gamerhold.com
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2011, 03:33:56 PM »
Hey Louie...

*** ***** confirmed for SFxT...
http://bit.ly/lT4bRT   :p:

(Edit)

Well that was quick, sorry guys, had to take it down for the time being.  :-X

Offline ABM|ace

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2011, 04:04:26 PM »
bob and sagat? what happened?! i want ryu+sagat team!
<SR> i go for girls that can speak canto
<humanbomb> I thought SR is gay !

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2011, 04:30:46 PM »
Lol, might want to edit the title Ali.

Whatever, the picture got picked up by guys on the SRK forum, its gonna be all over the internet in a half hour.
Play Skullgirls

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 08:29:09 PM »
lol so someone @ Capcom stuffed up?

Looking @ the character select screen.. I guess we'll get 6 new characters for the E3 build to take it up to a roster of 16 when we're 10-11 months out from release.

Ryu | Ken | Kazuya | Nina
Guile | Abel | King | Marduck
Chun Li | Cammy | Bob | ?
Sagat | ? | ? | ?

Cammy will obviously be "billed" as Chun Li's partner in the promos, but I wonder who they will pair up with Sagat... makes no sense... but fuck it would be hype as fuck if it was Rolento or someone else new.

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2011, 09:25:06 PM »
They teased Rolento for to long for SSF4. I don't want to get my hopes up again.

BUT, hitting fools with a stick and dropping grenades on them WOULD make me buy this game at launch...
Play Skullgirls

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2011, 10:27:18 PM »
BUTTER! sagat + akuma i hope sagat is a bit faster in this game and godammit give him some good footsies since fireballs are going to be rubbish in this game lols.
Oi Oi Moi. Best Crunch Heavy Punch in melbourne! fimblers and fimblettes get slapped silleh!

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2011, 10:49:15 PM »
BUTTER! sagat + akuma i hope sagat is a bit faster in this game and godammit give him some good footsies since fireballs are going to be rubbish in this game lols.

I really think they're overstating that aspect to appeal more to the Tekken and "i hate projectiles" crowds. Tekken cast seem like dudley and ibuki's with their projectile invincible moves + chain like combos. Don't know why they have to nerf projectiles anyway, a lot of Super's top tier characters had no fireballs anyway, and AE just furthers the shift from non projectile characters.

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2011, 11:01:27 PM »
i remember when street fighter used to be a mans game :( now its a moles game. what ever happend to fireball uppercut .
Oi Oi Moi. Best Crunch Heavy Punch in melbourne! fimblers and fimblettes get slapped silleh!

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2011, 11:16:38 PM »
I wish I could call a Tron assist in SF4. :(