Author Topic: [SFxT] Street Fighter x Tekken Thread  (Read 40751 times)

Offline ezmonies

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter x Tekken Thread
« Reply #450 on: March 12, 2012, 10:29:10 PM »
nope i can only use it for far-ranged jumps its pretty fail at mid range completely whiffs

« Reply #451 on: March 12, 2012, 10:50:42 PM »
his b+mp I think lets you follow up with a combo ? I read earlier " b mp is god like if u can react with it u can juggle light dp to st hard punch to m kick dp off of b mp"

but thats SRK so it could be wrong and I haven't tested it yet. might be worth a shot.

« Reply #452 on: March 12, 2012, 11:01:24 PM »
Yea s.hp for far jump ins, f.mp for close, or as I like to call it, 'the scoop' :P
I perfected gamerbee........at marvel :D
Sword of the Word, Grand Marshall of the Army of God

Offline pierrot

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 13, 2012, 12:51:48 AM »
anybody else think BP is ridiculously easy to obtain?

findlay_stuart

« Reply #454 on: March 13, 2012, 01:10:33 AM »
Always is at the start , I managed 2500 in one sitting when AE dropped.

Man Poison is fun to play but she's not got any real team sync going on, shame because she kind of suits me, basic, rekka, nice normals, half decent but not amazing damage. Seems like she could probably zone too.

She doesn't seem to have anything reliable coming in or going out. Which is kind of the whole point of the game. As a single character I bet she'd be awesome though. 

« Reply #455 on: March 13, 2012, 01:33:18 PM »
Damn I'm gonna have to hit the trials with raven and work out what the hell he is doing.

played one a few times last night and didnt not have 1 clue what was going on except everytime it ended up in 50% of my life . seems the tekken character you really need to use them so you learn their block stirngs

I really like this game. It seems worrying though that in a few weeks its gonna be broken and every game will turn into 1 long combo vid for 75 % life . there seems so much potential for breaking at this stage

anybody else think BP is ridiculously easy to obtain?

depends who you are i guess. I was stuck on 0 BP for about 4 and half hours yesterday  before I got some stuff together  and  gained some . there  is def a huge jump between having no idea and being in the fight with a chance . took me that long to stop the habbit trying to throw or tech  as much as ssf4 .

Offline pierrot

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 13, 2012, 01:59:25 PM »
at the start when i didn't really know what i was doing i had around a 50% win rate. Then after a few hours of grasping how the game works, I just jumped to around 2.5k while only knowing how to use one character lol. Now that i've learned a 2nd character i'm sitting at 3.4k.

maybe it's because i'm riding the tier whore train hahahah

the bp gain/loss system seems abit silly as well. I vsed someone with 3k bp on 1k bp and when i won i got 60bp, yet when i vs someone with 0 bp at 3k bp i win 20 o.O seems abit silly that I can gain 20bp off someone who has 0 bp.

« Reply #457 on: March 13, 2012, 05:27:32 PM »
Im finding it impossible to win been playing for 3 days only have 108bp im getting owned i dont think its easy to obtain bp

« Reply #458 on: March 13, 2012, 05:32:45 PM »
what team are you using and what combo's have you learned ?

can you tag in and out from your chars ok into the next one to either continue a combo or just get one out relatively safely ?

« Reply #459 on: March 13, 2012, 05:35:07 PM »
im using Ryu and juri and when  i switch i mainly get hit how do you switch safely?. and i know th basic launch combos thats about it and all the special and ultras but i dont know any bnb combos where can you find them?.

« Reply #460 on: March 13, 2012, 05:41:02 PM »
imo when ppl start getting to the B, A and A+ tiers the competition will heat up, if your in that A tier then your good, think of it as A tier = 4000+ ish PP from sf4.
I perfected gamerbee........at marvel :D
Sword of the Word, Grand Marshall of the Army of God

« Reply #461 on: March 13, 2012, 05:45:12 PM »
multiple places, the trial mode of the game has some basic stuff that can give you an idea about whats possible,

www.shoryuken.com has forums for each character (for a lot of games too) -

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php

as for switches well, thats character specific but if you are low health and get knocked down with Ryu and have some meter, you can try a heavy DP and switch, not sure if it will be safe or not but something like that might work, test it out in training mode.

you can switch cancel lots of moves, similar to FADC in SSFIV only it tags in your partner instead of being dash cancel-able.

did you even do the tutorial or TRY look for information before asking for help !~

« Reply #462 on: March 13, 2012, 05:52:18 PM »
yeah i done the tutorial and i have looked around on the net before asking for help and i never really got how to do fadc  to work for me but guess ill go back to training mode.

« Reply #463 on: March 13, 2012, 06:00:41 PM »
Make sure you have some goals for while you are in training mode -

What I'm working on at the moment is

Something each char can use to keep a combo going after the abc launch without just doing a special,

A standard meterless BNB for each char.

A combo into super for each char.

A combo into tag cancel for each char.

many of these combo's will probably have elements that are similar/partly the same so its' not completely insane to start out with, just gotta know whats possible and when.

there is more I need to know and will learn but at least having that baseline is a start for myself, perhaps you could try find something similar, if execution is not your strong point try out some easier combo's instead of the highest damage i'd suggest.

findlay_stuart

« Reply #464 on: March 13, 2012, 06:13:04 PM »
yeah i done the tutorial and i have looked around on the net before asking for help and i never really got how to do fadc  to work for me but guess ill go back to training mode.

EDIT: Looks like Neon beat me to it  :) Good advice.

I've not seen you play, but there's a good chance your just thinking too much. What I do when a new game comes out is I pick 2-3 combo's maximum for my character and I only use those combo's for the first few weeks.  I'll pick a cross up/jump combo, I'll pick a combo I can hit confirm from and I'll pick a combo that does damage if I see someone do something unsafe (whiffed DP)

With this game you'll also need a combo that you can apply from a launcher. Again just pick 1 for Ryu and 1 for Juri. Keep it simple, something easy to hit with nice damage.

The game right now has too many options to take in so just cut everything down into little pieces and it'll come to you in time.

With the combo scaling in this game, the simple combo can sometimes be as effective as the 87 hit combo.