Author Topic: [SFxT] Street Fighter x Tekken Thread  (Read 44709 times)

Re: Street Fighter x Tekken Thread
« Reply #465 on: March 13, 2012, 06:47:55 PM »

With the combo scaling in this game, the simple combo can sometimes be as effective as the 87 hit combo.

this.

Heres some combos or strats I recommend you getting down with your chars:

Ryu:

cr.mp, cr.mp, c.hk

cr.mp, cr.mk, ex donkey kick, j.hk, cr.mk, tatsu or super

jumping air tatsu crossup into sweep or cr.mk into combo

j.mp into either tatsu or dp

Juri:
learn to end your block strings into a fireball charge.

learn to jump cancel her cr.hp into either j.hk or dive kick (one of her most important tools imo)

learn her pokes, f.mk and s.hk come to mind

learn to punish from her counters.

her best air to air is j.mp, her best air attack is j.hk

etc

for me, if people start to block my overheads then i'll bait that into a cr.lk into cross rush, works like a charm.
I perfected gamerbee........at marvel :D
Sword of the Word, Grand Marshall of the Army of God

« Reply #466 on: March 13, 2012, 07:03:46 PM »
Spoilers of ryu/ken story mode ending, what really happens.

now it all makes sense...

lmao, ive gotta admit, i chuckled
omg thats awesome now it makes sense

« Reply #467 on: March 13, 2012, 07:04:32 PM »

Thank you i will pratice these just finding the game hard  and im having trouble blocking overheads.

« Reply #468 on: March 13, 2012, 08:01:20 PM »
you have to block them high.

findlay_stuart

« Reply #469 on: March 13, 2012, 08:13:13 PM »

Thank you i will pratice these just finding the game hard  and im having trouble blocking overheads.

Put the Auto block Gem on. I'll get shit for that but seriously, Guile, down back, Auto block Gem??? Pretty tough going  :o.

If it's bothering you that much use the assist gems. If anything they might reveal a pattern that you can use to identify strings when not playing with Gems. They cost meter though.   

People are going to get hit from everything for the first month, doesn't matter if your as good as Mago or as bad as Mr Magoo. You've just got to learn from it. Tekken characters especially are going to have plenty options in the High/low game. If something works you abuse it until it doesn't work any more.

« Reply #470 on: March 14, 2012, 01:47:22 AM »
yeah im still trying to figure all this out annoying me lol

findlay_stuart

« Reply #471 on: March 14, 2012, 01:25:15 PM »
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/03/13/sfxt_dev_blog:_online_update

Unfortunately, due to time and resource issues, we weren’t able to get that feature into the Xbox 360 version and we apologize to those players who were looking forward to it.

Capcom ticking all the wrong boxes. I don't mind that much but they are seriously damaging their bad reputation even further.

X-box players should be credited with at least some extra DLC for free.

« Reply #472 on: March 14, 2012, 06:49:53 PM »
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/03/13/sfxt_dev_blog:_online_update

Unfortunately, due to time and resource issues, we weren’t able to get that feature into the Xbox 360 version and we apologize to those players who were looking forward to it.

Capcom ticking all the wrong boxes. I don't mind that much but they are seriously damaging their bad reputation even further.

They should've concentrated on getting shit finished with their time rather than thinking of ways to shove in content on the disk for us to pay more to unlock. :\
Shadowloo TEC4LIFE

« Reply #473 on: March 14, 2012, 11:18:18 PM »
so.. i figured out a 971 dmg combo.... i'll post a video soon. haha, its do-able in a match, but highly unlikely.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/9AbMEzR3oj4

There we go :D

« Reply #474 on: March 15, 2012, 12:51:02 AM »
so.. i figured out a 971 dmg combo.... i'll post a video soon. haha, its do-able in a match, but highly unlikely.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/9AbMEzR3oj4

There we go :D

HAHAH man thats NUTS nice work :D

« Reply #475 on: March 15, 2012, 01:50:41 AM »

They should've concentrated on getting shit finished with their time rather than thinking of ways to shove in content on the disk for us to pay more to unlock. :\

To be fair I doubt the guys who worked on the netcode and pair play are the same as the guys who design characters and tune them :p
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

« Reply #476 on: March 15, 2012, 01:53:21 AM »

To be fair I doubt the guys who worked on the netcode and pair play are the same as the guys who design characters and tune them :p

The person who pays them is the same. It's all about where they focused resources i guess... looking too far ahead imo.

« Reply #477 on: March 15, 2012, 02:04:37 AM »
The person who pays them is the same. It's all about where they focused resources i guess... looking too far ahead imo.

Some people got their job done, others didn't. Regardless no matter what it was going to ship this month, March is the last month for Capcom's fiscal year, same reason that MVC3 came out late Feb when it was barebones as fuck. Capcom wanted the 2 million shipped copies of MVC3 on their fiscal record, same deal for SFxTK for this fiscal year.
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

Offline jarop

« Reply #478 on: March 15, 2012, 09:38:41 AM »
So we've got a broke netcode and practical, easy infinites coming into week 2.

TOs must loathe this game, it's bad enough players have to put make-up and jewellery on their characters but we've got 3, possibly 4 (Steve's) practical infinites for seperate characters meaning this could very well be an issue with system mechanics alla DHC glitch. Nobody is going to watch that on stream match after match and I feel that's a bigger issue than actually playing against it

Whatever Capcom does, I hope they wait it out more than they did with Vanilla MvC.
PUSH ALL THE BUTTONS

Offline TheMuso

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.themuso.com
« Reply #479 on: March 15, 2012, 10:37:58 AM »
Its been stated that there won't be another disk copy coming, but I wonder... With all the game breaking glitches being found, whether that may need to be re-considered, as the game patching system may not be able to patch sed issues. Having said that, I don't know how the PS3 and 360 patch framework works. It may be possible to patch everything game engine wise in the game. Fingers crossed this is the case.