Author Topic: [SFxT] Street Fighter x Tekken Thread  (Read 40014 times)

Re: Street Fighter x Tekken Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2011, 01:19:08 AM »
^ Shippu Jinrai Kyaku in 3D looks sick.

Anyway the reaction from top players has been extremely positive, seems like combining the Darkstalkers Magic Series chain canceling system with SFIV style footsies and added juggle mechanics has been a hit. I was a bit perplexed that the Captivate build was still the SFIV style link system (just with plinking disabled) when they said it was going to be a chain combo system.

If Capcom can build of the SSFIV base for online features (grabbing some from the upcoming SF3:3SO would be a good place to start) and improve on the net code.. game of the forever! Until SFV anyway...
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2011, 02:42:47 PM »
^ Shippu Jinrai Kyaku in 3D looks sick.

Anyway the reaction from top players has been extremely positive, seems like combining the Darkstalkers Magic Series chain canceling system with SFIV style footsies and added juggle mechanics has been a hit. I was a bit perplexed that the Captivate build was still the SFIV style link system (just with plinking disabled) when they said it was going to be a chain combo system.

If Capcom can build of the SSFIV base for online features (grabbing some from the upcoming SF3:3SO would be a good place to start) and improve on the net code.. game of the forever! Until SFV anyway...
My understanding is that there's still going to be links, that Ryu can do something like,  :lp:>:mp:, :mp:>:hp: instead of :lp:>:mp:>:hp: as your combo starter if you really want, there's just not much point, but people are still doing it for the same reason Ken players are still doing cr.mk -> fireball, and Abel players are doing short, short, short, short, and ending the combo there instead of hit confirming into medium > heavy > launch > etc, and all of the other examples of people doing SFIV combos because it's what they know.

I do agree that I really hope they look at 3s Online for the way they seem to be doing things like online, replays, config, and menus, but HDr had several of those features before SFIV anyway, soo...

-edit Oh, btw, who's going to be trying to get a preview build of this at BAM?
This game glorifies violence. I love it for this reason.

Offline Alexk

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2011, 09:22:57 PM »
Soooo if what I'm assuming is correct then you can't DP in between normals in SFxT?

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2011, 10:07:17 PM »
Soooo if what I'm assuming is correct then you can't DP in between normals in SFxT?

As long as you're chaining those normals and not linking than that's correct. Also seems like blockstun has been heavily increased and throw ranges shortened. (As a Cammy player I don't mind that.. feels like some characters have twice the throw range of Cammy...) Looks like Ken's Kara Throw got removed but he looks like a boss in this game anyway and seems to be one of the strongest characters atm with Cammy and Kazuya.

Just some other things i've noticed.

Normal whiffs build meter just like in 3rd Strike (not to the same extent)
Characters have a red health bar that they can regain when tagged out, but this bar slowly decreases while you keep that character in, so it's incentive to tag constantly.
Hitting TAG while doing a move on hit and block gives you the FADC of this game, costs a meter though.
Seth's confirmed that they know the lifebars look shit and are changing them 100%.
Unsafe tags can cause both your characters getting hit at the same time.
Supers are no longer double motions but qcbx 3 kicks for say Ken's Shippu super.
Hworang's wave dashing looks broken as fuck compared to Kazuyas.. like MVC3 wavedashing.
Improved Online they have mentioned, about time the SFIV netcode will be like 4 years old when this game is out.

I wonder when they'll debut the Level 3 Tag Supers... doesn't seem worth doing them at this moment unless it's going to win the round.. if you have no meter and have next to no life left when you get knocked down you can't get them out without taking a risk.. and probably doing combo into launcher into combo into super will do just as much dmg but for only 2 bars.

Personally like how the execution bar has been lowered a bit.. still won't mean shit if my footsies and spacing aren't up to scratch.

Offline Alexk

« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2011, 12:35:32 AM »
To me throwing sounds way better in SFxT. There is a larger window to tech as well. It seems like you still have to look for the tech though, which is perfectly fine.

Teching in SFV never felt right. You can even watch a replay with input display and you'll see the inputs for tech come up but they still get thrown. Its just weird.

Westlo, I think the execution bar might be lowered 'cause its a fast paced game (I don't like the three buttons for super though. I still get super instead of ultra sometimes unless I nere smash the buttons so that I only get three inputs when I have full meter stocked.). Also it seems very footsies orientated unlike Marvel where its spacing and set ups, so its still seems like its  gonna be a difficult game but with high reward for whiff punishing or blocking normals like the last hit in a chain combo Mike Ross kept doing against Maximilian where Cammy kicks up into the air.

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2011, 03:43:39 PM »
Aren't throws really crappy in Tekken? As in, you can tech them on reaction? That's probably why the change, and they're making high/low mixups scarier (and including high/low unblockables with meter I believe) to make up for it and prevent the game from becoming a turtle fest. Not something I'd like to become normal for fighting games, I think throw mixups are intrinsically more interesting than high/low, but it makes sense for this game.
This game glorifies violence. I love it for this reason.

« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2011, 05:42:49 PM »
I saw like 3 throws in like 20 seconds of a Combofiend Vs Mike Ross match... should still be somewhat viable.. especially once people get used to the increased blockstun.. just won't be as easy to do as in SFIV. But high low unblock-ables do sound sick.. but the only one so far found is Hworangs EX Kicks so you need to spend 2 bars to do that with the second for the TAG of course and I'm guessing that will be the same for every other high low unblockable. Still you can also use overheads to crack open turtles.. Ken's F+HK overhead looks boss in this game.. ground bounce into full combo.

As for throws in Tekken being crappy... IIRC you have to tech them with the same throw combination?

Offline fkuspencer

• GOD OF EASTWOOD
  • SNAPUBAKURU
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2011, 06:42:45 PM »
Throw breaking is dependent on which corresponding arm/arms to counter the initiated throw combination from the opponent. The throw break window is 12f in T6BR IIRC.

Further in-depth:

1_2 (left arm, right arm)
3_4 (left leg, right leg)

You break a 1+3/f,1+3 throw with 1; 2+4/f,2+4 throw with 2; 1+2 throw with 1+2.

I still don't know why I answered this.  lol
<Gamog0> Eastwood rules

Offline Alexk

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2011, 09:56:45 PM »
Ahh Tekken style. Makes sense lol.

Guess that adds a bit of complexity to throw system in a fair way: bigger window with two choices but with enough time to react if you train.

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2011, 04:42:30 AM »
I WILL panic about every design choice in an incomplete beta version, thank you very much.

LIFE BARS NOooooo
Play Skullgirls

« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2011, 10:09:31 AM »
I WILL panic about every design choice in an incomplete beta version, thank you very much.

LIFE BARS NOooooo

3 Meter gauges Noooooooooooo

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2011, 10:22:46 AM »
Who needs to relax? We can't discuss stuff now?

« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2011, 11:01:29 PM »
SfXT Exhibition @ NCR, I'm guessing it will get an tourney @ Evo Day 3 like MVC3 did last year.

http://www.justin.tv/iplaywinner/b/288425323

Justin, Ricky, Marn, Floe, Mr Naps playing.

Some notes.

Throw ranges are constantly being tweaked.
Tag supers are in, but Seth isn't telling how.
Walkspeed looks quicker than E3 build?
Wavedashes too strong atm, being tweaked
Strengthening projectile characters being looked @.