Author Topic: MVC3 patch  (Read 5326 times)

Offline Somniac

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Re: MVC3 patch
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2011, 01:37:17 PM »
Learning one character to it's best ability is not the concern, with the combos being as they are (dial a combo) losing the "great strength" that was Sentinel doesn't mean you suddenly can't play this game anymore.
Picking up and learning a new character only takes a few hours, people will replace Sentinel (if they wish) in no time after they get over the "shock" of suddenly not having such a strong character.
If Sentinel was the only reason you won, then sucks to be you.
If he provided something good with his assist, then hey you can still use him. If you only picked him cause you knew he was so good, time to pick someone else.

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2011, 03:05:26 PM »
ive been looking for a reason to drop sent and this is probably the kicker for me, ive found sent as my last to be alittle bit of a hassle when the players knows what theyre doing, id rather have magneto or zero x3 anyday, going into training now to find me a new assist and tank  ;D
I perfected gamerbee........at marvel :D
Sword of the Word, Grand Marshall of the Army of God

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2011, 03:14:09 PM »
Sentinel health change = lols.
Glitch removal = kewls.
random tiny balance changes one month in = lame
making random tiny balance changes and not telling people? = Bullshit.
This game glorifies violence. I love it for this reason.

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2011, 03:22:19 PM »
ive been looking for a reason to drop sent and this is probably the kicker for me, ive found sent as my last to be alittle bit of a hassle when the players knows what theyre doing, id rather have magneto or zero x3 anyday, going into training now to find me a new assist and tank  ;D

Mags is one of the best rocks in the game, plus his assist should help out zero with OTG to relaunch combos and generally just getting in.

Also the thing about dorramus mp doing more damage is apparentely wrong, it always did that amount (can't test though, don't have a non patched version).

If it is true, then it is the stupidest patch a fighting game has ever recieved. One month into this game, and they decide dorammu needs more damage on his B attack :s
Stop sandbagging.

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2011, 03:54:15 PM »
Guys, he still has his Fisher Price: My First Launcher into Super Combotm and Lv 3 X-factor rushdown tactics.

Now you can't just mash out random Cr. M/Launcher/Hyper Hitler Force and expect an easy win anymore. BOO HOO HOO, GET OVER IT.

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2011, 04:26:41 PM »
i agree with this patch about his health, i don't want sent to be a sagat where he cant do the things he could in vanilla, at least this change sent can still do what he can
retired as best sent in aus
no more umvc3 time for sfxt

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2011, 05:20:11 PM »
Seems pretty knee jerk.

No announcement via press indicates this was likely undertaken at a whim.

On the other hand I'd much prefer a game where Capcom are paying attention to the balance issues and have patches akin to Starcraft. Now while they may not be popular with the Sent nerf, he still has super armor and can still do 100% combo's without the aid of X-factor, in fact he can still do everything before. This will in shortsight eliminate some more scrubbery from the masses or might just see a large migration to Hulk and Sent saved for assist and anchor.

He's not a character where there's no opportunity to get in on folks, just gotta play him smarter. Though dropping him to 9.5mill seems a little low for a giant robot but hey, I'll take it.

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2011, 11:24:05 PM »
I might be being ignorant but does anyone have any insight into why this change occoured?

-Dormammu's Jumping Medium Attack does 70,000 damage, up from 50,000.

Just seems kind of random to increase the damage of a single normal. It makes sence to me that it should do more than Jumping light (which is 50,000 according to the hyper guide) but then why not have it at 70,000 at the first place? :/

Either way i'm showing support for the 'stop making monthly patches' cause, and i'm still playing Sentinal :D

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2011, 11:33:10 PM »
Guys, he still has his Fisher Price: My First Launcher into Super Combotm and Lv 3 X-factor rushdown tactics.

Now you can't just mash out random Cr. M/Launcher/Hyper Hitler Force and expect an easy win anymore. BOO HOO HOO, GET OVER IT.

Not entirely sure who this is directed at, but I don't think anyone here is saying that sent should have kept his health because he needed it for balance (are they?). It's that the game shouldn't have been patched this early, especially on knee jerk reactions for a factor that doesn't play as the most significant factor as to why sent was good.

Again, I don't really play sent anymore, so this doesn't bother me in terms of playing the game in the slightest, it's actually quite fun watching sents health go down in one dhc'd combo.
Stop sandbagging.

Offline Slapper Joe

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2011, 06:04:02 PM »
These slowdowns with the patch being seen on WNFs is quite disturbing.  Retrosmash may be sans-patch if its confirmed.

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2011, 06:15:05 PM »
Slowdown with patch basically confirmed :(
Play Skullgirls

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2011, 03:37:03 PM »
experienced some slowdowns with Hsien-ko assists + shenanigans last night.

Brief periods of about .5-1 sec where everything just kinda looked like it was carrying an old school ball n chain before it got back to normal.

Damn. Maybe sent needs 1.3 mill hp to hold the code together :O

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2011, 04:07:31 PM »
The nerf is a bit too much imo, but i see why they patched it early. Sent was a type of character that is easy to use and be really effective, even a noob can L3XF and mash out a reverse OCV.

Im not a sent player nor do i know any of his combos really, but i can pick him up, use his easy BNB and still snab wins easily. I think taking out 100k hp and giving it 10% less XF damage would of been good enough.

As most people mentioned, its a bit too early to be patching because people havent had to time to work things out yet. Perhaps when no one is using him they might buff him up!