Author Topic: Ryu's standing jab vs Sagat  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Alexk

Ryu's standing jab vs Sagat
« on: April 02, 2011, 02:00:44 PM »
Just a quick Q~

From a lot of high level match vids I see Ryu mashing jab in Sagats face.

I know s.jab stuffs Tiger Knees but it seems like its done to the point of trying to catch other things.

Anyone know what? Or are Ryu players just mashing?

Re: Ryu's standing jab vs Sagat
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 02:26:09 PM »
something about jab's frame is fast enough to cancel the special move start up frame or something like that.

Offline aznbox

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 04:58:36 PM »
Have you checked out Air's DVD?  His got a section of it with the standing jab vs Sagat.  But I'm guessing that the standing jabs mashed out can actually beat alot of Sagat's normals and some specials since they take a while to start up + he has a bit hit box.

Offline Alexk

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 05:21:32 PM »
Not all of it but that sounds like a pretty important part to miss out on.

Sounds like you explained the gist of it but i'll check it out to see what Air has to say.

Thanks.

Offline S7R31F

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 10:37:06 AM »
Pretty sure i stuffs TU too. Catch the air
Vid on youtube. I love the standing short that stuffs bisons low fowward and therefore scissors.
youtube.com/S7R31F

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 07:13:08 PM »
nope it doesnt beat tu. its just to beat knees and normals. its good but imo should only be done in certain situations.
Oi Oi Moi. Best Crunch Heavy Punch in melbourne! fimblers and fimblettes get slapped silleh!

Offline Alexk

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 09:57:37 PM »
yeah in air's tutorial against sagat mike ross does a tu and beats out the jab as it should.

guess i'll try find out what those situations are when the next time a good sagat comes along but that is pretty rare :/

Offline Gamogo

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 08:25:54 AM »
guess i'll try find out what those situations are when the next time a good sagat comes along but that is pretty rare :/

Play heavy!

He's one of the few Sagat players who stuck by the poor neglected bastard during Super's release which in itself ought to pay dividends in AE as Sagat seems chunked up again.

Sagat's balanced! Best c.lk in Melbourne!

:D !!
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

Offline ABM|ace

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 08:58:44 AM »
Humanbomb uses Ryu's s.lp really well. He used to shut down my Sagat in vanilla with s.lp, perhaps you could ask him about it on Friday.
<SR> i go for girls that can speak canto
<humanbomb> I thought SR is gay !

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 10:05:45 AM »
mashing dp in sagats face is way better
works for me
CEO of ABM. Bringin the HATE since 08 son
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1660/img0546vx.jpg

Offline Alexk

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 06:30:58 PM »
Gamogo,

I rarely see Heavy Weapons online. Actually hes the only Sagat player I can think of online :/...

Offline S7R31F

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 07:32:10 PM »
Gamogo,

I rarely see Heavy Weapons online. Actually hes the only Sagat player I can think of online :/...

Heavy is always on...Apocolysevai (think I spelt that correct) plays sagat but no better than my sagat. Do you remember the Daigo VS Jappers vanilla vid...he plays 3 or maybe 4 sagats (RF, mago and some others) and I saw some really good examples of stuffing sagat in the corner, it was amazing
youtube.com/S7R31F

Offline Alexk

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 08:57:44 PM »
Oh yeah, Apoc! Its just that I haven't played him in ages but hes fun to play against however he doesn't keep me out very well.

I think I've seen those matches but I'll have to watch them again.