Author Topic: Wollongong FIGHTERS!!  (Read 2248 times)

Offline Raine

Re: Wollongong FIGHTERS!!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 10:50:08 AM »
Hi, nice to see some more locals finding their way onto the site! A local meet would be cool (we did have one at UoW before) but yeah, someone needs to step up and organise a venue.

Offline Takorax

• Forum user
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 04:52:37 PM »
Does anyone else here from Wollongong go to UOW? I'd be good to get some meetups happening for practice before the 99 York Street Tournament in Sydney (if anyone is going, next year).

I do go to UOW, but I'm not exactly a tournament player. Mainly just for fun. Would be keen for a meetup though!

Offline Cabjoy

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 05:00:28 PM »
Yeah the great thing about having Gesti around was that since he was a PhD student he had access to some of the rooms and what not, so we just met up and played some games in Building 1. So if either of you guys are PhD students -cough cough- maybe we could do something similar? :P

What are you guys studyin, btw. I'm first year Nanotechnology, just to get the ball rolling ;)

+ Remxi, you gonna import KOFXIII day 1 from the UK? I'm thinkin of makin an order through OzGameshop soon. Pretty keen, though now that I'm getting back into the hang of AE I haven't played too much KOF since those GGPO sessions we had
Saikyo!!!

Offline Takorax

• Forum user
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2011, 09:06:21 PM »
I'm doing finance. Should have finished at the end of this year but I stuffed it and misunderstood something, so I'm still there for one more session next year.

As for rooms, clubs can book them for free. I'm part of one. If we can narrow down dates and stuff I can ask the club president and see if he can book it for us free of charge.

Offline Raine

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 05:47:11 PM »
Hmm dunno what I'm gonna do about KoF yet. I usually get my 360 games from Zavvi but that can take anywhere between 4 and 6 weeks to get here. I can't wait that long for UMvC3 and KoFXIII so I'm gonna have to find somewhere quicker.  ;D

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 03:00:34 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm definitely keen for a meet up sometime :) Building 1 are closed on weekends, but we can always try have a meet up during the week now that exams are over.

Cabjoy: I'm studying a Bachelor of Mathematics Advanced :P My major is in applied mathematics and I have two (pursuing) minors in physics and computer science.