Author Topic: [SSF4 AE] AUS Online Stream - Sunday 19 June @ 8:30pm AEST [Updated - 16/06/11]  (Read 11099 times)

1st [SSF4 AE] AUS Online Stream - Sunday 19 June @ 8:30pm AEST [Updated - 16/06/11]

So I've been thinking and speaking with Heavy about getting something like this happening again after his recent post in regards to this. Here. And since I have the capabilities to do something like this, i'm going to give it a crack and see how it goes. As I won't be participating in this proposed series and concentrating on running the stream etc... I will use my xbox LIVE account to host a 3 person endless session with the 2 players who will connect at a P2P level for playing, whilst i'll be a spectator for streaming it online for people to watch. Using my connection only for the stream.

MY SSF4 FT10 ONLINE SERIES PROPOSAL:
I'v been thinking about doing a 'First To 10 series' tho. I want to do it this way for now as I can start doing a LIVE stream pretty much straight away with my current situation. There most likely won't be any commentary for a while, but I'm sure the chat window will be active for people to talk while the matches are going. Plus I think the most exciting part will be the matches themselves anyway. But I will always be thinking and taking suggestions on improving it.

I'm going to start off small tho and limit it to 8 players for now. This will help me suss out things and see how it goes and then either run a 2nd series or ramp it up to the next level if possible.

This is what I was thinking about running it,  please post your thoughts and I'll take them into consideration before proceeding.

I estimate each FT10 session will take anywhere from 40 to 60mins and as such, I was thinking about running 2 sessions on 1 night per week. Completing an entire series in a 1 month period.

As far as what night that will be I'm going to go with a Sunday night, as I assume that most people will more likely be home on a Sunday chill'axin' and what not. And should be a good night for either watching or participating in the stream.

So with running 2 sessions in 1 night, I want to keep the day and the time consistent. 1st session at 8:30pm and the 2nd session at 9:30pm. This way both those participating and watching can schedule around those days and times to ensure they can play or know when to tune in to watch.

PROPOSED SCHEDULE:
So with 8 players in each series it should be fairly easy to schedule when you will be playing.

1st Sunday      

8:30pm      
Player 1      
Player 2      
                       3rd Sunday   
9:30pm           8:30pm   
Player 3          Winner of Player 1/2   
Player 4          Winner of Player 3/4   
---------------                                         4th Sunday
2nd Sunday                                        8:30pm
                                                            Open to Public
8:30pm            9:30pm                      
Player 5           Winner of Player 5/6   
Player 6           Winner of Player 7/8    9:30pm
                                                            Winner of Player 1/2/3/4
9:30pm                                                Winner of Player 5/6/7/8
Player 7       
Player 8      

I think I formatted that right?

Anywho... You get my point.

So the first FT10 series will be completed in a month. And I had an idea for the first 3 series. So that will easily fill out the first 3 months in running this if all goes well :)

1st one comprising of 8 Melbourne players, then for the second series it will be 8 Sydney players. Then get the top 4 from each series for the next 8 players in the third series. Series 1 and 2 will be played out until an overall winner is defined as well tho.

Sorry to the other states, but as this is the first time I've done anything like this, this is kinda a test bed for how well something like this will run. I will try to get you guys involved as well, the should be no problems in running a FT10 series within each state as I only need to spectate the matches and you guys can P2P each other for the matches, thus reducing the risk of lag and such.

Also I should point out that this will be hosted XBOX over xboxLIVE.

I will now point out a few rules I was thinking about using for these series, please feel free to post your thoughts and again I will take it into serious consideration before proceeding.

PROPOSED RULES: (thus far)
- Character lock per series, you may only use 1 character throughout a series. If you participate in another series, you may choose another character if you wish.
- Players required an XBOX LIVE gamertag to participate. (Therefore there will be 8 gamertags per series)
- Winner of FT10 proceeds to the next round and the loser will be out for the rest of the series.
- If 1 player disconnects/drops out during a match, that player automatically loses that round and has a reasonable amount of time to rejoin and continue the FT10 matches (10-15mins),
if the player cannot or does not come back online and rejoin for whatever reason, they will forfeit their match.
- If both players unexpectedly disconnect/drop out at the same time. Once reconnected, the current BO3 match that was in play will be replayed from the start. And the rest of the FT10 will continue as normal.
- If a player doesn't turn up to the start of their FT10 within a reasonable amount of time (10-15mins), that player will forfeit their match.
- Matches will be played in a Best Of 3 format.
- If for some reason both players are online and cannot connect to each other for some reason (not DMZ'd or Port Forwarded correctly), I may open the lobby/stream to the public for that allotted time slot, whilst I try to sort out the issue with both players and/or reschedule the match once sorted. 
- ?
- ?

If you think you may have trouble with your connection, maybe try and take your xbox to a friends house who may have a more stable connection. Please give yourself ample time to test out your friends connection with your xbox to ensure it's working before your match begins. Also do your best to DMZ or Port Forward your Xbox to avoid any difficulties.

PLAYER CALLOUT:
Now as far as getting willing top players to participate, I think i'll turn to "state ambassadors" who I personally think will be able to recruit exciting team members for their respective states. I only need at this stage 8 players for Melbourne and 8 for Sydney to cover the first 3 FT10 series, so feel free to decline and i'll ask someone else.

For Melbourne I'm asking Heavy Weapons, if you could gather 8 willing players who would like to compete in a series of FT10 online matches as mentioned above. On Sunday nights between the times of 8:30pm to 10:30pm, you can include yourself if you wish.

And for Sydney I'm asking Genxa, if you could gather 8 willing players who would like to compete in a series of FT10 online matches as mentioned above. On Sunday nights between the times of 8:30pm to 10:30pm, you can also include yourself if you wish.

I'm hoping to get the first series going on Sunday 1st May 2011, so hopefully we can sort out any issues in the next couples week to make this happen.

Everyone please feel free to post your thoughts and I'll see what I can do.
I'm sure I'v forgotten something?

I hope this will be fun for everyone   8)
Cheers
Bugsimus

@Heavy, I know what we were talking about last was different idea then this. But this way is less technical and can get up and running faster/ start it now. And I thought you would appreciate something happening sooner rather then later  ;)
Melbourne Fighting Game Tournament Matches & Streams
Shadowloo.com | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter

Offline Gamogo

Re: Online FT10 Tourny and LIVE stream proposal?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 11:49:40 PM »
Here are my thoughts:

This sounds fucking awesome.

Thats pretty much it.

Bugsimus' Garden!

Luke in Sydney had a tinker with something similar a while back but he's a very busy man these days so its cool to hear you're keen to give this another shot.

You might want to speak with Mr. Mutton and Ali to see if we can get the stream video embedded on Shadowloo and OH for those visiting the sites and maybe have regular updates on the current standings and so on.

I found it interesting in an interview recently where they asked Mago, Sako and Tokido what their favourite tournament was in recent months and they all agreed the Godsgarden online was actually really fun. Mago felt it allowed him to play at his best because the setting for it was comfortable (I guess playing on an Xbox setup at home/that abandoned arcade without a crowd going tits-crazy was a nice setting?).

At any rate, good luck with this. Ali and Sol's stream a while back was really popular so hopefully this takes off and hats off to you good sir for taking the time to put this together :D

As a side note, I think a team game host can also spectate all matches? Or is that for a hosted online tournament? It might be the latter. That could be kinda fun to stream also.
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

Offline TB Rossco

Re: SSF4 Online FT10 Tourny and LIVE stream proposal?
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 02:20:26 AM »
Good shit Bugs,

it was only the other day we were talking about this.. I had no idea you would get the ball rolling so fast.

Cant wait to see what you have install for this idea, remember if you need any help or someone to come chill with ya while ya stream dont hesitate to ask.
Maybe we can play some 3s or Marvel offline when its on ;) (ill bring my xbox)

Like i've already told ya what an awesome idea, hope everything works smooth and not to stress for you lol.
Paying the toll since '86..

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 06:49:40 AM »
hmm heres a list i'd like to see
MELB:
Sildenafl
Renzuo
Omoi Hecki
Mikey AU
EroOyaji83
cypherion x
TEC SoL T

SYD:
Brodsta PSN
Pooman 2000
R0879
bksama (humanbomb)
sKitzrAU
Genxa
vindk8 AU
CrazyFreeRiderr
retired as best sent in aus
no more umvc3 time for sfxt

Offline Slapper Joe

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 09:42:30 AM »
Just remember the expensive Whiskey for when you are trying to co-ordinate the correct people into the lobby.  That saved us the one time we did this.

Re: Online FT10 Tourny and LIVE stream proposal?
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 10:03:40 AM »
You might want to speak with Mr. Mutton and Ali to see if we can get the stream video embedded on Shadowloo and OH for those visiting the sites and maybe have regular updates on the current standings and so on.

Gamogo sir, you're going have to teach me how to do the embedding on Ozhadou. It took me ages just to learn how to do the YT video widget on the old forum's frontpage!
My "chronicles of a scrub": http://beingascrub.com/

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 11:40:37 AM »
Sunday night is a good time.  As long as it's not starting this Sunday because the Disturbed concert is on.
Your problem is you don't have any rhythm!

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 01:14:10 PM »
Excellent Idea bugs. This idea has been in works for a while. even last year, myself naruga and a few others wanted to get this going.I Know you have been plotting this out for a while also. A Gods Garden style tournament. I really enjoy ft10 settings as i feel that it is a great setting for both player and spectator. Imo theres a lot more mindgames and downloading to be had in a that format.

I am more then happy to put together a team of 8 of melbourne's best available/interested players to compete.I'm sure Genxa will feel the same he's been trying to fly the flag for tourneys in syd lately and is perfect imo to select syd's team.

this is gonna be hype i have a few ideas which we can discuss whenever you are free.I believe that we can get a good following for this in the lead up to shadowloo showdown.I know a few players from overseas will be interested to watch the stream.This is a good push for the Aus sf scene.Hopefully we got some stream monsters I know your out there  :P

@ Bk i like those lists but from sydney i'd like to see zoddiac should be on that list or even punk54u meeks is also another i would be interested to see he has elevated his game alot.

as for the melbourne list i will try my best, theres a few that i have in my mind that are really good players so stay tuned for that.
Oi Oi Moi. Best Crunch Heavy Punch in melbourne! fimblers and fimblettes get slapped silleh!

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 01:16:27 PM »
@Gamogo - Thanks mate. And yeah, i'm sure we'll make changes and/or try out other things too.  :D

@Burnout - Thanks, It should be all good tho, as everyone should be able to watch or play from the comfort of their own home.

@ZeRo$KiLL - Cheers, that's exactly what I was thinking. Since you're only down the road, feel free to drop around on any stream night.

@bksama - Yeah, there would certainly be some exciting and clutch matches in that line up  ;D

@Slapper Joe - Saved you? from what?

@spidercarnage - Nope, was hoping to begin 1st May, but we'll see. Date's are not concrete yet.

It's also been bought to my attention that AE drops in between the 1st series and the 2nd series, so I think I will re-run the Melbourne series again after the 2nd series (Sydney) with AE on console as well. Then get the Top 4 from the AE sessions to play-off in the next series.

Also weekends that have major Tourneys; ie; OHR, OHN, SS, EVO etc etc... I'll reschedule to the following weekend.

cypheros

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 01:56:56 PM »
This is definitely a great idea Bugs!!!

It will also allow a showcase of those that don't attend offline tourneys that much and whilst there may be some who may miss out on the first series, I'm sure there will be a chance for them to participate in the future should this concept come to fruition(i have no doubt in my mind that it will succeed!).

Good luck and hope to see what comes of it in the next coming weeks  ;)

Meeks

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 02:24:04 PM »
Excellent excellent idea Bugs. This should make for some great viewing and killing of time  ;D

Offline Slapper Joe

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 03:33:30 PM »
Sanity.  People joining the room by accident.  People going missing and having to call them, etc.

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 03:40:59 PM »
Sanity.  People joining the room by accident.  People going missing and having to call them, etc.

Yeah... That's one thing that been plaguing my mind (@.@)

;D

Offline PWNPHACTCRY

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 09:45:38 PM »
This may sound quite cliche, but you should call it GodsGarden DOWNUNDER - using/ affilliation with that name (if you can acquire the rights or if you even need to do that) it would be able to capture international audiences alot more. I think you could use this to show Australia's top players and really give them a great opportunity to showcase there skills! Good commenter is a must...

Great idea!!!!