Author Topic: [SSF4 AE] AUS Online Stream - Sunday 19 June @ 8:30pm AEST [Updated - 16/06/11]  (Read 10623 times)

Offline KellyNUTS

Re: SSF4 Online FT10 Tourny and LIVE stream proposal?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 12:24:35 PM »
This is soo fuckin awesome!! Killer idea!
I hope it blows up to the point where all of Australia is competing in this!!!
Settle in for a Sunday evening full of tournament matches from like 5 different channels.
Bugs is gonna setup the ESPN of Australian SSF4  :P
"Now just stand still. Move, and the wound will be deeper." - Leona Heidern

Offline TheMuso

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.themuso.com
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 08:20:38 AM »
If we had enough PS3 players, I could also try and make the time to run a series on the PS3, maybe on Sunday afternoon. I wouldn't be able to start it untill the 15th of May, but that would give me time to get things prepared.

So PS3 players, let us know if you are interested, I'd follow the same rules as Bugsimus outlined in his first post.

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 02:53:23 PM »
So PS3 players, let us know if you are interested, I'd follow the same rules as Bugsimus outlined in his first post.

Hold off a tad... The situation has changed a lil... I'll update with the new plans soon.
Melbourne Fighting Game Tournament Matches & Streams
Shadowloo.com | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 02:50:20 PM »
OK... So I've had quite a bit of feedback. Which is awesome, glad to see people are really interested to get something going.

Here are the new plans based on some technical and personal problems, that came up since my first post.

Rather then running the FT10 series in a tournament style, I think I will now run it more like an exhibition and make it a bi-weekly event, but also mix it up a'lil in between with other shizz.

So it'll look something a bit like this;
(All Sunday nights again)

Week 1
~Main Event~ 8:30pm and 9:30pm

2 Sessions of FT10, with pre-organised players and a back-up set of players in case of issues. If back-up players are not needed, then they get dibs on one of the two time slots for the next main event.

Week 2
~Lobby Night~ 8:30pm

Invite lobby for interested parties to join for some BO3 matches, anyone intrested in playing on one of these nights just send me a message and I'll extend an invite to you.

Week 3
~Main Event~ 8:30pm and 9:30pm

2 Sessions of FT10, with pre-organised players and a back-up set of players in case of issues. If back-up players are not needed, then they get dibs on one of the two time slots for the next main event.

Week 4
~Option Select Night~ 8:30pm
One of these options can be selected, I guess based on what's popular leading up to this night;

-PS3 Night.              Same as Lobby Night for Week 2. (I'll have to go buy something else to hold down my papers ;D)
-Salty Standoff.       Grudge matches with rules agreed upon by both players.
-Replay Night.         Showcase recorded footage of fantastic matches be players in Aust., or an Aussie player vs'ing someone overseas.
-Call My Number.     If anyone wants to call someone or a high level player out and challenge online.
-Learning Night.      Again if anyone wants to raise there hand and show off how to play or play against characters and would like to demonstrate/teach online to the viewers or something similar.
-Teams.                   Pre-organised team matches, either using the Team functionality built-in or all players gathering at one location.
-Random Select.      Invite/open lobby where all players must choose the random select character option.
-Other games.         If there's enough demand here and I can stream it somehow, then it doesn't have to be just SF4. Choose your poison.

If I have 2 PS3 players for a main event, who want to do a FT10 session. I will be able to hook that up for the event.

Once again all feedback is welcome, please just post below.

I'm still looking at a May 1 start if possible, but I guess that's all up to getting players.
I'll start a thread with all details for the first event, once they are locked in.

Please post here if you are interested in participating and in what event? And I'll message you back with details.
You can contact me any way is easier for you;
Reply to this thread
PM me
XBL - Bugsimus
Email: bugsimus@gmail.com
MSN: bugsimus@hotmail.com

Cheers.

All right with that said... LETS GET SOME AUSSIES ON THE STREAM!

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 06:01:10 PM »
AWESOME... good shit bugs this should really well :)
i like the variety you've got kicking!
Lets go Aus sf!
Oi Oi Moi. Best Crunch Heavy Punch in melbourne! fimblers and fimblettes get slapped silleh!

Offline derrace

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 07:34:26 PM »
Looking good bugs.

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 08:49:38 PM »
Coolbeans  ;D

So who's keen to play on the stream?

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 09:49:40 PM »
what would ppl like to see in a ft10 see if we can get some hype voting kicking!

who are players you would like to see vs eachother?
Oi Oi Moi. Best Crunch Heavy Punch in melbourne! fimblers and fimblettes get slapped silleh!

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 11:32:20 PM »
make rule in lobby if u lose 5 times or 3 times in a row your out of the lobby !
retired as best sent in aus
no more umvc3 time for sfxt

Offline KellyNUTS

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 08:26:54 PM »
make rule in lobby if u lose 5 times or 3 times in a row your out of the lobby !
+1 Even though I suck so id only be getting 3 or 5 matches  :P

Im definitely keen for this, just gotta work hard and up my game!
"Now just stand still. Move, and the wound will be deeper." - Leona Heidern

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 03:23:09 PM »
hey bugs, i'd like to see robsux vs sol in a ft10 :)

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 04:30:06 PM »
@bk - Yep sounds cool, but would like to start off with some FT10 this weekend if I can get some players.

@heavy - I'm sure there's lots of matches people would like to see, but the fact of the matter is, is not everyone actually enjoys playing online. Fair enough IMO, but I hope people arn't too shy from playing. It's really about having fun and I hope to be running it long enough that people will actually get a chance to play again against each other in the future.

Once again;

Please post here if you are interested in participating and in what event? And I'll message you back with details.
You can contact me any way is easier for you;
Reply to this thread
PM me
XBL - Bugsimus
Email: bugsimus@gmail.com
MSN: bugsimus@hotmail.com

Cheers.
It's not an elitist club, I'm just not running open lobbies so no-one has to watch a jump-in HK > sweep matches all night long from total randoms.
Anyone who knows fundamentals/footies is cool, even if you aren't as good as others in executing them. You might learn or get tips from others who are watching.

Also feel free to add my XBL tag;

Bugsimus

so I can extend an invite to you on the night.

Also feel free to setup your own partner for a FT10 match, then just let me know and i'll get you both on the stream.  8)

Re: [SSF4] Online FT10 &/or Lobby with LIVE stream for OZ
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2011, 12:57:28 PM »
Holy shit Bugs, you're the best.

THE BEST.
Play Skullgirls

Re: [SSF4] Online FT10 &/or Lobby with LIVE stream for OZ
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2011, 01:35:30 PM »
Yeah... unfortunatly it doesn't seem like its going to go ahead.

As no one has expressed any interest in signing up.

It seems like most people only want to watch, not play. Oh well.

I might try again when AE drops.

:'(