Author Topic: [SSF4 AE] AUS Online Stream - Sunday 19 June @ 8:30pm AEST [Updated - 16/06/11]  (Read 11104 times)

Re: [SSF4] Online FT10 &/or Lobby with LIVE stream for OZ
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 01:57:34 PM »
I guess people dont want to be 'judged' infront of audience. but I'm pretty sure people are mature enough. I guess its just 'new' to us and people are shy.

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 02:00:34 PM »
Maybe no-one has a big enough ego to nominate themselves. Hard to believe, I know...
My Youtube Page
  :db:  :lk:  :db:  :lp:  :db:  :hp:  :qcb: :mk:  :hk:  :dpf: :lk:  :hp:  :hp: :hp:

Offline Somniac

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 02:07:58 PM »
I am confused, wouldn't it be easier to invite the players you want to play rather than ask them to come to you?
Gamers are generally lazy, and I doubt many of them have even read the thread, I was confused by reading it as well as there was no solid schedule like "this day this time".
Can talk about it tonight

Offline vindk8

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2011, 02:23:57 PM »
Bugs, as mentioned above, people are too modest (or lazy) to nominate themselves.

Just create a lobby and invite peeps from your friends list and other people's friends list and run it from there, kinda like how it was done previously.

Maybe do some just for fun matches, for example:

1. Toxy vs Sol vs HB 3 way random select lobby. Winner is crowned most random player in AU
2. dk vs Heavy Weapons double dirty salt fest Sagat mirror

I actually liked your first idea of Syd v Melb. My suggestion to make it interesting is make it FT5 for each match (10 can be painful to watch in a blowout or a Guile mirror), each team is compromised of unique characters and each player is assigned a random number by team captains and 1 plays 1, 2 plays 2 and so on.

I'll be more than happy to nominate the Sydney team, since people aren't nominating themselves, as I know of a few (good) players who would be hella interested in showing off.. errrr.. I mean playing this exhibition.

cypheros

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 02:28:16 PM »
Yeah... unfortunatly it doesn't seem like its going to go ahead.

As no one has expressed any interest in signing up.

It seems like most people only want to watch, not play. Oh well.

I might try again when AE drops.

:'(

Hey Bugs,

I'm sure there's a lot of interest in the back of most people's minds. Perhaps maybe try to throw in some invites via ozh pm or xbox live to those you think are worthy. This way, it'll seem like a priviledge to those that accept to play on the scheduled dates rather than them feeling egotistical about being involved in the event. I know I do feel a bit awkward nominating myself for this but if it'll help get things started, I'll gladly throw my hand up for this and hope the numbers will start to increment and fill itself in.

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 02:34:20 PM »
Yeah, I guess that's true  :P

I just thought online sign-ups would be easier to co-ordinate prior to the weekend. And also people would only sign-up if they knew they would be available on the Sunday night to play.

Then choose 4 players from the sign-ups of the people who want to play a FT10 match on Sunday and have some back-up players on hand, just in case.

But the lobby nights will just be invites of whoever is currently online, no need for sign-ups for that. But I would need peoples gamertags in my list or i'll never see if they are online to see them an invite.

I really wanted to have the FT10s more organised? Maybe I'm dreaming  ;D

This thread is a bit messy, but the one for the next set of FT10 matches will be for sign-ups only. As this one was more about getting everyones ideas. I just kinda just started to run with it in this thread rather then making a new thread... my bad.  :P
Melbourne Fighting Game Tournament Matches & Streams
Shadowloo.com | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 02:49:48 PM »
start the stream as you introducing urself and the system and then followed by you actually inviting the players.  :dpf: :p:

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 02:54:44 PM »
start the stream as you introducing urself and the system and then followed by you actually inviting the players.  :dpf: :p:

At this stage I still prefer online sign-ups for the FT10 matches only. I'll make a new thread for the 2nd set, for now lets just keep using this thread.

But i'll keep that in mind.

It'll be more or less along those lines anyway for the invite lobby nights.

I've cleared a bunch of GTs from my account, please add me if you want be invited on those nights.

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 03:18:58 PM »
OK... I have 2 people penciled in for the 8:30 time slot.

Need 2 more for the 9:30 time and if anyone wants to raise their hand to be a back-up.

Back-ups for this session will get priority for the next FT10, if they aren't needed. Otherwise I'll just have to invite a random from my friends list.

Offline PWNPHACTCRY

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 04:01:20 PM »
i am in.

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2011, 04:06:28 PM »
i am in.

Xbox for now... sorry?

Will tee up a PSN night soon.

Offline PWNPHACTCRY

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2011, 04:44:37 PM »
ohhh ok. sorry about that.

sure,

let me know when psn is running, that would be great. hope the xbox goes well!

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2011, 05:58:03 PM »
lols this is why i tried to nominate ppl . ppl dont usually wanna put their hand up like they are the shit . better to ask them. but yea i think this should go fine just need to get it started thats all. 8)
Oi Oi Moi. Best Crunch Heavy Punch in melbourne! fimblers and fimblettes get slapped silleh!

Offline PWNPHACTCRY

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2011, 09:17:03 PM »
lols this is why i tried to nominate ppl . ppl dont usually wanna put their hand up like they are the shit . better to ask them. but yea i think this should go fine just need to get it started thats all. 8)

didn't really understand that???????

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2011, 09:56:31 PM »
people dont wanna nominate themselves but it doesnt mean they are not interested to play. thats why earlier in the thread i nominated sol vs robsux :)
Oi Oi Moi. Best Crunch Heavy Punch in melbourne! fimblers and fimblettes get slapped silleh!