Author Topic: SS4AE for console will be a perfect port of the arcade version  (Read 6315 times)

Offline Alexk

Just in case you haven't seen it here is the news from an Inverview with Seth Killian.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/apr/18/seth-shares-console-ssf4-arcade-edition-details-replay-system/

"The console release of SSF4 Arcade Edition will be a perfect port of the version currently in arcades. Do not anticipate any balance changes in AE."

Personally I cannot believe what the hell Capcom are thinking at the moment. Sure you can still play SSFIV but why would any tournmanet go'er purposely leave themself behind? I for one have lost a huge chunk of motivation to put effort into AE.

It seems like Capcom are mind fucking tournaments players: pick a top tier or brilliantly outplay your opponent. BRILLIANTLY. Sure tiers don't mean everything but if you're knowingly playing on a disadvantaged level against someone of the same skill level, its just plain and simple, the wrong choice. So Capcom has left the people who want to make something of the game with an ultimatum: pick a top, top tier or don't bother.

I play Ryu, one of the characters that Capcom has omitted from the competitors list so of course bias runs rampid through my post. I think its fine that Ryu got nerfed since I haven't noticed a huge difference and he has been dominating since vanila. Sure he's taken a blow in terms of damage output but he's still a decent character in AE. But regardless of that, its the fact that they are not nerfing the top tier characters that hurts the most.

Yes, this is a rant but I'm sure that people who have been trying to become competitve in this game will feel the burn too unless they jump ship. So what are other peoples thoughts on the matter? Whats your future playing competitively in Street Fighter IV? Jumping ship?

Re: SS4AE for console will be a perfect port of the arcade version
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 09:20:48 PM »
Yeah I'm kind of puzzled why they didn't nerf the twins...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, EVO is going to be so free for Daigo.

I just can't see anyone stopping his Yun, maybe Sako or Mago, but Yun + Daigo is just going to be too strong to deal with imo (KG, I'm not dick ridin, just being real :D)

Like you, as a Ryu player, I honestly feel that we've been hard done by the cr.mk nerf in AE, since the days of World Warriors, that cr.mk poke has been an integral part of his game, my first experience of AE, I noticed the cr.mk nerf pretty bad, its now very hard to not get hit by a burn kick from viper, tiger knee from sagat or the devils reverse due to the active frame being reduced.

I can live with his other nerfs, but come on capcom... cr.mk, really?

Daigo/Mago EVO finals for SSFIV:AE Yun Vs Fei
[22:56] <Auxide> K to the G : the Daigo of shit talk

Offline Alexk

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 10:21:44 PM »
Definitely dude. That dudes gonna make waste of the Americans.

Offline Madenka AU

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 11:59:31 PM »
On the subject of Yun & Yang, because I know very little about Ryu...

In my opinion the only bad thing about both twins is that their damage output and combo-ability are both very good. I like combos so I would personally like it so that they need at least one more combo to perform before killing an opponent.

So far I've found that the twins definitely have weaknesses, but I feel they can make more mistakes most of the time and win most of their fights. For this reason I suppose that Sagat and Zangief are considered bad match ups for twins because of higher health and higher damage once more.

Now I don't think Yun and Yang are broken, I used to think that but in actual fact they are simply a little unfair because they reap the combo-ability of Seth and the damage output of Vanilla Ryu in a game where damage got a nerf across the board. Thinking about like this, I don't think anyone would be complaining about the twins had they been in Vanilla the way they are now.

Offline Gamogo

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 12:01:59 AM »
Yun is a dickhole, no doubt about it. He's like an amalgamation of all the herp and derp from both Rufus and Cammy rolled into one character with a command grab and useful Ultras AND super for extra laughs.

Thing is, I think a lot of folks might be prematurely judging him and to a lesser extent Yang. I'd like to think some sweet strategies against these bozos emerges once AE gets in the hands of more players beyond those with access to an arcade. In the arcade I do ok VS Yang, but Yun just boggles me. An update a while back on Capcom's blog hinted that their dive kicks were somewhat punishable (by way of showing their hit and hurt boxes) but I haven't had a great deal of success dealing with their derp reliably. Guess wrong and you eat a full combo that in some cases leads into Super. Block and then you have to deal with command grab and trailing mix-ups, etc or quite literally another dive kick or three and the free pressure cycle repeats.

They're tough matches thats for sure, especially for shotos. Ono might have a point that their strong nature might generate a lot of discussion on how to deal with them but right now it feels like a chore. Christ, the matchup for poor Dhalsim and Gouken is nuts.

My biggest issue is that these guys aside, AE is really nicely balanced. Makoto and Fei are strong, but aren't on the same level as these dudes. They kinda throw an otherwise nice balance a weird curve-ball and render a lot of characters kinda helpless. I hope it doesn't discourage people using other characters as it would be a real shame to see players gravitate towards the stronger characters leaving the rest in the useless bucket.

Lets see how things pan out. By nature because they are 'new' characters many will use them anyway, so expect to deal with a lot of them. At the very least, its a match-up we're all sure to get experience in very soon. Here's hoping we can figure 'em out.

And yes, Yun and Fei in the EVO finals for sure. The writing has been on the wall for Akuma players for a couple months now since Tokido pretty much threw his hands in the air and essentially said they trounce Akuma something rotten, figured "fuck it" and he now instead counters them with Fei. A lot of American AE players can't stand them either (in particular Yun), so it looks like the loathing for them is somewhat universal, lol.

Oh and coming from someone who thinks Ryu is a complete prick of a character in all versions of the game, I think the c.mk nerf was a bit much. He's still decent though. 3 frame DP > FADC remains a satanlike attribute in this game and Ryu has the ability to plug a free Ultra on the end. He's taken his balance licks in AE but he's by no means completely written off. You still have c.mp which is insanely good, among other wicked abilities.

This might come across as a bit of a whinge but my main point is to wait and see what we can learn with access to training mode. The whole Y&Y thing has echoes of the "Dudley is the new Sagat" noise that was echoing around when Super dropped which quickly dissipated once he was better understood. With any luck these guys will drop a couple rungs on the ladder once we develop a familiarity for them.
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

Offline Madenka AU

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 12:06:43 AM »
Interesting you mentioned the dive kick.

Tonight I proved a theory, Seth's far standing Medium Punch cleanly beats the twins' dive kick. I reckon Guy can beat dive kicks with his standing light punch now as well since they showed that heightened hit box but I havn't tested it.

Offline PWNPHACTCRY

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 09:06:40 AM »
apparently balance changes are coming. I read so much about this I have no idea what's right and wrong, and with the troll factor from ono at an all time high it makes things even tougher. to be honest, i think Skill is no in on it, as was svennson in relation to PC version etc... they're all playing us I think..... there hasn't once been a case where they've not known what we wanted... they know what we want, the perv on the forums like there going out of fashion. I think AE shall bring balance to the force (that makes no sense) hahahaahah

I think AE is going to get balanced for console, maybe not str8 away, but it will get a balance update....

bloody capcom... they've turned us/me for one, all crazy.... the more they say something isn't going to happen the more I start to think, oh yep, they're doing that thing again, where they crush our hopes and dreams and then bring them back to life.

(i feel full retard cause of the headF*ck that capcom subjects us (fanboys) too)

hahaha

based on my idiotic hypothesis, expect to see 200 new DLC characters in AE console version. Lol.

(end of incoherent rant)

Offline Madenka AU

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 09:58:25 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if SSFIV AE DLC is the last thing Capcom do with this title. I think they want to ride the hype train for SfXTek from here on in.

findlay_stuart

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 12:34:34 PM »
Just in case you haven't seen it here is the news from an Inverview with Seth Killian.

"The console release of SSF4 Arcade Edition will be a perfect port of the version currently in arcades. Do not anticipate any balance changes in AE."

Personally, every time I read or hear something from this guy, he comes across as someone pretending to have information that eventually proves to be wrong.

In saying that, you'd have to ask yourself why rebalance the rebalance, it's not like AE is a completely new game, also the inclusion of Super in the pack hints at no more changes. I'd find it strange if they take Guile for example and change him again, he's been through the meat grinder too many times.

Personally I think this will just end up how it always ends up and in 6 months time it'll be       ???  "remember when we thought the twins were OP" :o

Offline Alexk

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
Just putting peoples names in bold so they can see the respective responses in the sea of font.

Gamogo, yeah I agree with the Makoto, Fei thing. Sure they're strong but they can be turtled hard since if they canít be offensive then itís difficult for them. Against the best Fei user I know, Kazzee360, I've gotten to the point where its 50/50 so I'm not worried about AE Fei either. I'm fine with Makoto being the beast she is, even if I get bodied sometimes 'cause thatís Makoto's deal. 

In regards to the twins hurtbox on their dive kick, you need a character with an angled/high attack that is as easy to whip out as Yun/Yang can divekick. Sagat's s.hk being the best in this situation. I use Ryu's s.mp to counter it but Henry, for example, just steepens the angle of the dive kick and therefore the sf.mp whiffs leaving me open for more pressure. Even if you see the DK coming its still too easy to miss time the sf.mp. It might be the same case for Seth, Madenka.

Madenka, the twins can go through and nullify fireballs. Not only that but they can build meter so quickly so therefore theyíll always have meter to counter fireballs. There is also the cycle that Shane mentioned. Also the Gief is a bad match up they have to get in and thatís where Gief is best. Correct me if Iím wrong but Sagatís s.hk shuts down dick kick pressure so effectively that it leaves them grounded and then I donít know what but I hear he does really well.

Ö Tokido pretty much threw his hands in the air and essentially said they trounce Akuma something rotten, figured "fuck it" and he now instead counters them with Fei. A lot of American AE players can't stand them either (in particular Yun), so it looks like the loathing for them is somewhat universal, lol.

Wow, if he of all people is saying that then Iím worried. Especially since he mastered Akuma. I thought out of all shotos, Akuma would be able to handle the twins.

On the note of the Americansí perspective it sounds like they still donít have a legit strategy. I donít mean to change topic but who is worried about Sentinel anymore? Sure heís still a power house but he canít take being rushed down. Just pick a moment and heís yours. AE has been out for like 3 months or something, longer than Marvel and there still isnít a glimpse of light against the twins. I will be trying to figure out the twins when AE comes out but if no one is saying,Ē just do xx then xx, and theyíre doneĒ then Iím not optimistic but regardless I will tryÖor just pick Fei lol. Do you see what I mean Findlay_stuart? And no AE is not a new game but in terms of what characters to use and not use, it is.

PWNPHACTCRY, for sure. I had to keep reading over the S-kill interview to make sure I got my info straight before I went on a rant so I didnít look like a complete whinging douche. Guess weíll wait and see what happens.

Meeks

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 02:43:11 PM »
I had a similar sentiment against Viper since I played Chun exclusively, and I almost gave up on that matchup because I felt that it was overwhelmingly impossible to beat her in a lot of facets. In a way, it's still an uphill battle, but I'm glad I stuck with it because now I feel that I can go against that matchup 50/50 if I play my cards right. I will reserve complete judgement of the twins until the DLC comes out and everyone will be in the lab trying to counter the ass out of them. The problem with arcade is that everything you try to do against the twins feels like theory fighter. Until you can thoroughly test everything in the training room without the expense of throwing money at an arcade machine, it's going to be difficult to play against a character that appears to have an answer for everything.

findlay_stuart

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 03:07:39 PM »
And no AE is not a new game but in terms of what characters to use and not use, it is.

I agree with most of the statements at the moment, but I'm not sure I agree with this one, unless I'm reading it wrong.

I'd say that the characters in SF4 from Super are more than competitive. Probably 80%, and even that other 20% can give anyone a run for their money. There's no character "not to use".

Although it's natural to be attracted to strong characters, most people on Australian LIVE are.

Perhaps the twins are OP but most of my personal satisfaction in the game comes from overcoming the odds.

Offline Alexk

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 03:31:14 PM »
Meeks, I know what you mean in that respects. I can think of Ibuki, Fei Long and Adon as prime examples for me but I this just seems different. You're right though. When AE comes out I can really knuckle down on this match up.

findlay, I  guess SSFIV AE could stay the way it is (Honda players might think differently) but I could have sworn the twins were going to get nerfed and they didn't. Now its like a completely different game. Super was really balanced and now boulders have been added to rocks on the scales. yeah sure winning in a bad match up is an awesome feeling but a smart overall player will start with a character that is strong or OP and will win the majority of the time.

Offline Genxa

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 03:35:49 PM »
twins are free to GRIEF.....

tbh twins dont get away with much, if the opponent plays the match correctly.
Yang does not have that high dmg output compared to Yun, but if I make a mistake, then HB makes me pay like a bitch.

People need to remember that Yun's dive kick is horrible compared to Yang.
His lk dive (the steepest one), is almost always -f on hit, but people are just scared to poke when he lands.
Whenever I lk dive against HB yang, regardless of hit or block, when I land, he sticks out cr.lp and i eat it.... so sad....

Offline allyoucaneat

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 03:38:00 PM »
Does anyone know what happens to those of us that don't get SSF4 AE DLC? Cause I'm happy with SSF4 as it is and have no plans on putting any more dollars on 4 characters I don't like and buffs / nerfs that do not interest me.

Also, is anyone else not going to bother with the DLC / Disc?
"I feel that it's the act of quietly accepting defeat without making excuses" Daigo after being asked what's the most difficult thing in fgs ^^