Author Topic: [Melb] GC | Super SFIV:AE Ranked Battle Round 5 Results 14/3/11  (Read 1578 times)

Offline GalacticCircus

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the late results *points finger at Ali*   :P

With the finger pointing aside, it was a fantastic turnout with 40 entrants, there were a few notable players that were missing on the day *points finger at Ali* (ok, I'll stop now  ;D)  but there is no doubt that the Melbourne Street Fighter scene is steadily growing week by week.

Here are the full results with some highlights below:

Super SFIV: Arcade Edtion || GC Round 5 Full Results
1st. TTC| ToXY [Akuma]
2nd. Somniac [Dictator]
3rd. CARNAGE [Cammy]

4th. Hoppa [Guile]
5th. HeavyWeapons [Sagat]
5th. CypherionX [Ibuki]
7th. Zerokill [Boxer]
7th. Ero_Oyaji [Akuma]

9th. Lok [Makoto]
9th. Phero [Guy]
9th. S7R31F [Boxer]
9th. Andy [Yang]

13th. Khanh [Sagat]
13th. JakeyJ [T.Hawk]
13th. John Tran [Yun]
13th. Cigloman [Blanka]

17th. GC|Chris [Akuma]
17th. TEC|PyroZeroX [Yang]
17th. Cactus [Dhalsim]
17th. Bothor [Sagat]
17th. Nickerz [T.Hawk]
17th. VITRIOL [Makoto]
17th. ALeX [Cammy]
17th. Burnout [Gouken]

25th. William [Dan]
25th. DNA [Claw]
25th. Baboo [Blanka]
25th. EX_Kencel (Forfeit) [Adon]
25th. JPage [Yang]
25th. Bugsimus [Juri]
25th. Eranzo [Blanka]
25th. Halfcast [Chun-li]

33rd. Babu44 [Dictator]
33rd. Fortysixtwo [Blanka]
33rd. StreetPussy [Ken]
33rd. Thai [Ryu]
33rd. Saiyan [Ryu]
33rd. Hyphen [C.Viper]
33rd. Diego (Forfeit) [Ryu]
33rd. StevenL [Dictator]

Highlights:
- Carnage knocking Toxy into losers, came down to the wire but Carnage took it out with an UPPERCUT finish.  :dpf: :+: :p:

- Heavy Vs Hoppa in the losers bracket, epic match, 4th Round, Hoppa was up 2-1, he lands a Flash kick FADC U2 and procedes to put on the shades  8).  The crowd went wild.

- In that same round, with Heavy having taken a lot of damage (those shades hurt) things were looking grim, but he managed to stay solid and re-zone, allowing him to ultimately take back the round. After the win Heavy jumped out of the seat with what almost looked like an UPPERCUT nearly toppling the tripod and camera that Burnout had setup behind him  :P.

-In the last round, both players players were trading hits for the most part but towards the end Hoppa seemed to be coming out on top of the exchanges. Regardless, both were on very little life and the match could have gone either way, in an attempt to regain the life lead and possibly take the round, Heavy throws out a bait of epic proportions and Hoppa BITES with a whiffed flash kick.

At this point the crowd is in excitement, after the long and enduring set, all Heavy has to do was move in to punish and the game is his. He walks in under the flash kick and goes for a crouching MK, it connects, all that has to come out now is any special move and he would be assuring himself of a spot in the Top 4.
He goes for the trademark UPPERCUT finish, as the crowd watches on, Sagat lowers his knees and clenches his fist, all that he needs to do is drive that into Guile's pointy chin and the game would be sealed BUT as if to be denied horribly by the SF Gods, the uppercuts WHIFFS. The crowd is stunned, as Sagat soars hopelessly in the air, Guile waits patiently on the ground to claim his victory and with that Hoppa elminates Heavy and procedes to the Top 4.

-Toxy meeting Carnage again in loser's bracket. Carnage started off really strong, but towards the middle of the match began to miss a lot of his BnB's. Despite this though, Carnage was still able to maintain the pressure, even triggering an emotional response from Toxy. But in the end, Toxy showed why he is arguably the Best in Melbourne and turned the game around.

(Note: That last highlight seems so bland haha, I think I expended all my creative power on Heavy and Hoppa's match, regardless both were definitely the highlights of the night ;D)

Phew, I still have no idea how the highlight for Heavy and Hoppa's match turned into a play by play of the animations of their characters but I decided to roll with it. Hopefully some of you will get some enjoyment out of reliving that awesome match.

Well that concludes the results for Round 5 at Galactic Circus, hopefully you guys all had a great time, we really appreciate your support and hope to see you all again next time.

GC|Chris Ho.
www.galacticcircus.com.au
Australia's Largest Indoor Interactive Theme Park

Offline Heavy Weapons

Re: [Melb] GC | Super SFIV:AE Ranked Battle Round 5 Results 14/3/11
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 12:12:33 PM »
thanks for posting the full results chris :) yea i dunno how the hell that uppercut missed i was going to kara tiger knee but i knew that the damage may still have guile alive lols was a close match i feel that i played pretty shit in that match but none the less is was exciting for ppl to watch and well done for hoppa on winning it .
Oi Oi Moi. Best Crunch Heavy Punch in melbourne! fimblers and fimblettes get slapped silleh!

cypheros

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 12:13:32 PM »
Nice write up Chris. I think you should do this post event for every tournament held at GC  ;D

Offline akirahat

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 12:23:19 PM »
Lovely read Chris and thumbs up for the report  8).

There is a long history between Hoppa and HW.  I think Hoppa's play style irritates HW and sometimes it really gets on his nerves I believe.  It's kinda Melbourne SF community tradition  ;)

I believe HW is going for a revenge sometimes soon (possibly tonight) and I now feel obliged to teach HW a bit more in terms of Guile strategy.

Congrats to Toxy as usual and congrats to Carnage for finishing 2nd (meaning his uppercut must've been unblockable or something that night  :P).

P.S.  I heard from Shigay that you wanna ask me something about Yun.  Feel free to ask me anytime  :)
スパⅣAEで、10試合やって1、2試合勝ったのは勝ったとは言いません。そこんとこをしっかり理解しましょうオーストラリアの皆さん。

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »
thanks akira any advice is always greatly appreciated you've taught me a lot about sagat so i am always grateful my friend. I have a long way to go and that is the fun part the journey, travelling on the road to mastering a character. i've been working very hard lately but have a few match up problems that i know you will able to point me in the right directions. As for guile i think i understand it to a decent level but i'm sure theres things i'm missing but i believe my loss was due to me playing badly more then anything i'm too inconsistent atm sagats too soft jokes. 
Oi Oi Moi. Best Crunch Heavy Punch in melbourne! fimblers and fimblettes get slapped silleh!

Offline Somniac

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 12:33:47 PM »
Carnage didn't finish second, you're salting me akira!

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 12:37:20 PM »
LOLS.

@ somniac

thats twice results got fimbled ppl trying to take your butter  ;D

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 01:16:53 PM »
That was a great night and I'm happy to hear that a match that is traditionally a disgusting match to watch ended up going down to the last pixel. In spite of the perception that sagat is at a major disadvantage in the fireball fight, HW is definitely considered a tenacious opponent and he kept me on my toes during the match. To add to that he has always been a consistent performer in tournaments and the results speak for itself.

I do find that if sagat performs better in the fireball fight, I usually have a pretty hard time. Its also good to see a vast improvement in the gameplay of all the regulars

Peace    :b:   :f: :lp: ------> :d: :hp:

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 01:32:35 PM »
 :uf:    :lp:  :+: :lk: :)

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 02:36:37 PM »
 :d:  :hp: :hk: 8)

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 11:06:44 PM »
thanks akira any advice is always greatly appreciated you've taught me a lot about sagat so i am always grateful my friend. I have a long way to go and that is the fun part the journey, travelling on the road to mastering a character. i've been working very hard lately but have a few match up problems that i know you will able to point me in the right directions. As for guile i think i understand it to a decent level but i'm sure theres things i'm missing but i believe my loss was due to me playing badly more then anything i'm too inconsistent atm sagats too soft jokes.

You do know the match up  pretty well... you played against me at least 10,000 times or more haha. In many of those matches you were right on point and I got slapped silly as a result of me being outplayed from the first tiger shot :P. I am really impressed with your execution of those kara shots, thats why i get worried if you manage to land an  EX kara tiger shot when you have ultra 2 loaded. Those are one of the many options i respect

I do feel that sagat can hold his own in a fireball fight. I feel that at some point in the match I need to get in with some footsies as fireballs alone will not win me the fight. If you manage to keep me away for a long period i feel you have more than a 50% chance of controlling the game. Of course this is far easier said than done .

Akira can probably add more as he knows more than I do :P

Offline John Tran

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 02:47:30 AM »
Yay, I am one of the thirteenth :D

Re: [Melb] GC | Super SFIV:AE Ranked Battle Round 5 Results 14/4/11
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 03:41:54 PM »
The topic's got a month as March but it should be April
Anyways here are the vids for the matches.

Notable match of the night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieOfOER4EEI

Grand Final:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik8VEbqx5Z4

Behind the Scenes and highlights.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejczp9oVUmg

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/TheBurnoutFighter

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 04:21:15 PM »
I enjoy re-living the buttercup matches :P