Author Topic: Need help with half faulty arcade stick.  (Read 1412 times)

Need help with half faulty arcade stick.
« on: April 25, 2011, 12:20:10 AM »
My stick has a faulty button that sometimes works and sometimes doesnt. What is the main problem in this case? is it something that I can fix or do i needa replaced part? if it was just not working all the time I could assume that it is 'dead' but since it does work sometimes... hopefully it is something i can fix?

Offline kyokugen

• Event Organisers
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with half faulty arcade stick.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 12:57:46 AM »
What stick is this in particular?

The most likely cause would probably be a worn out microswitch - in that case you can just buy a replacement switch and change the worn one out or just swap out the whole button for a new one entirely.

It depends on what stick you are using too. If it's an older/cheaper HFS stick or something equivalent, its probably quite tricky and will require some soldering skills, but if the stick has standard arcade components (like Seimitsu and Sanwa buttons) the process is quite straightforward and painless.
ヽ(ー`)ノ

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 01:42:26 AM »
What stick is this in particular?

madcats arcade fight stick (non TE and first generation ones with the vanilla SF4 logo)

Offline kyokugen

• Event Organisers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 01:48:57 AM »
Oh in that case, replacing a button will be quite simple. You would just need to buy a new OBSF30 (same type as the TE) to replace the existing one. Once you get the button you just remove the faulty button and then reconnect the wires to the new one. No soldering is needed.

If you really want to be sure it's the button you can open up your stick from the top, and then remove the wires from the offending button (they use quick disconnects so you can remove them easily). From there you can either hook the two connections up to another button or just touch them together a few times to see if the signal is still working. If it is then it is definitely the button.

EDIT: Sorry, so it's not a TE? It's an SE? in that case you can do the same thing because the wiring is the same, its just you need to open the stick from the bottom panel, as it is designed to be accessed in that way.
ヽ(ー`)ノ