Author Topic: Recommended 2.0 speakers for setup portability  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Syntax

Recommended 2.0 speakers for setup portability
« on: May 02, 2011, 11:46:23 AM »
I'm thinking of picking up some > $20 speakers so that I will have a complete setup to bring to meetups. The speakers I use at home are unfortunately a bit of a pain to set/pack up.

MSY have the Logitech LS11 for cheap, which I think are the same type I have seen at tournaments before. Any word on whether these are good enough by most people's standards, or if there's a better product around with more bang for buck?

Cheers :)

Offline zaneiken

Re: Recommended 2.0 speakers for setup portability
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 02:19:30 PM »
I use the LS11 for meets and LANs.  Decent enough sound and quite compact.

chris

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 02:27:20 PM »
If you're not too fussy about sound quality, in terms of setup portability I would suggest usb powered speakers. that way you don't need to worry about bringing the power pack and worry about whether there's any additional power points available since you're console usb ports will power it.

That's what I used to bring to the meetups.

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 03:00:29 PM »
Logitech LS21 2.1 Speakers - Black

http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?sort=2a&products_id=31642

These are the ones I cart around to meets. They're a little bit louder for noisier venues  8)
Melbourne Fighting Game Tournament Matches & Streams
Shadowloo.com | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter

Offline Syntax

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 02:53:34 AM »
I was considering some USB speakers for convenience sake but I can't imagine they would draw enough power to pump out much sound at all...although if I can find a pair with good reviews maybe I'll go for those?

Otherwise, while I've heard the LS21 and they sound quite nice (and I always appreciate a sub  8)) but they are probably only a little more compact/portable than the ones I use at home already (Z4s)...

Assuming the LS11 don't attract many complaints for top volume/quality, they might be the best bet after all...sounding good so far according to zaneiken's report - thanks!

Offline zaneiken

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 03:27:52 AM »
I use the original packaging to cart around my LS11 speakers.  The box's dimensions are 212 x 170 x 91mm if that helps.

Offline shadowsoul

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 01:37:04 PM »
Anyone tried a soundbar?

Offline Syntax

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 04:01:38 PM »
The LS11 sound like the go for a reasonable trade off between sound and weight.  :) I'm interested also to hear about anyone's experiences with sound bars, though I have my doubts about volume and quality...

Offline Loki

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 11:19:39 PM »
The CW setups use LS11s, they're just loud enough to work fine for setups at a large event and very cheap, so they get my tick of approval.
I should mention that I got them mostly because they weren't USB powered which so many speakers seem to be these days, that can be an issue if you're plugging into something like a PS3 which the newer models only have 2 ports.

So yeah, you can't go wrong with the LS11.