Author Topic: Daigo vs Evo. Fate of Two Beasts  (Read 5285 times)

Offline ABM|ace

Re: Daigo vs Evo. Fate of Two Beasts
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 10:17:26 AM »
Daigo 100% would make top 8 at evo. better get your money ready acedizl! ;)

I think combofiend is going to take it down.

Marvel is a completely different game to SF4, I'm not saying Daigo will be shit, I'm just saying I don't think he can make top 8 at Evo without prior competitive MvC experience.
<SR> i go for girls that can speak canto
<humanbomb> I thought SR is gay !

Offline Madenka AU

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 10:49:43 AM »
It'll be very interesting to see how far he gets.

But only because SSFIV isn't the only game Daigo is good at, which appears to be what most people are assuming.

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 11:14:06 AM »
I think everyone here knows Daigo is godlike at every fighting game he plays, from SFII, to Zero3, to Guilty Gear, to 3rd Strike, to CVS, to SFIV. Basically what acedizl said is the reason people think Daigo will get bodied. He passed up a chance to get some competitive experience at Revelations.. Tokido otoh is completely different.. he just won Marvel @ CEO btw... Tokido's MVC3 Resume prior to Evo is going to be

Final Round - Top 8
Stunfest - Win
CEO - Win
Shadowloo Showdown - TBD

Daigo's Resume in Marvel before Evo is going to be

Tokido's put the work in, Daigo hasn't.
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

Offline Madenka AU

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 11:26:41 AM »
That's a big lot of whatever about an entirely different player. As far as I'm concerned no one here knows what Daigo is capable of when it comes to MVC3. It goes without saying that if his fellow countryman, Tokido can do so well at the game in America why make the assumption that Daigo can't?

The first time anyone saw Tokido play MVC3, did they think the same thing?

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 11:36:10 AM »
Tokido @ Final Round played good but was clearly nowhere near as good as Justin and Combofiend, he was also coached and given tips by Justin during the Team Tournament. Mago didn't do much @ Revelations, why do you think Daigo is going to do well in his first tourny @ a game so random as Marvel? Tokido, Mago and Daigo are all fighting game geniuses, why is Daigo going to better his first time than them in a far tougher field?

Daigos played like 2000 more games of AE than Tokido as well, and Tokido is on record as saying he hates AE, he'll take MVC3 more seriously than Daigo ever would, especially now that Tokido is a legit chance to win Evo in Marvel. If Daigo was serious and wasn't just popping shit to hype up Evo he would've entered MVC3 @ Revelations. If he entered Revelations and got bodied this hype vid is now pointless which isn't exactly what the Evo staff want.

Offline Madenka AU

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 11:52:14 AM »
LOL here we go again.

I don't remember at all saying that Daigo was going to do well. I asked why make the assumption that Daigo can't do well. I think Justin and Peter will be the players to beat at EVO as well but Daigo is entirely a wild card.

Daigo could of been playing MVC3 at home on a different gametag after finishing with AE during the day for all we know. Afterall he hasn't played Super since AE came out I think. Is it that ubelievable to think he might be good at another game?

The whole point I'm making is, saying Daigo will win or will get bodied are both statements with no evidence to back them up. Had he chosedn to play Revelations MVC3 maybe you could make such a statement, either way what Daigo is doing now is good for Marvel scene.

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 02:08:09 PM »
and then tokido beat justin at CEO. gg
<ABM|umad> yeh, lil wayne is the fkin best

Offline PWNPHACTCRY

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2011, 04:43:37 PM »
what is ABM i keep seeing?

and no, he won't get blown up...

loook at tokido,

he just took 1st in marvel 1st in SSF4 in the american tournaments...

they're smoke "son"...

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2011, 12:49:28 AM »
what is ABM i keep seeing?

It's the beginning of the invasion... real talk! ;) :D
[22:56] <Auxide> K to the G : the Daigo of shit talk

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2011, 08:04:20 AM »
Just because I see him mentioned nowhere.

Viscant, along with Wong and Combofiend the americans to beat atm.

And I think Daigo could go well but has shown us nothing as to why. Personally I'm more afraid of Tokido.
Stop sandbagging.

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2011, 08:38:20 AM »
Tokido's results were pretty good on the weekend :O

Is Daigo going to play MVC3 at SS ? or is that to be announced ? It'd be cool, whats EVO compared to SS anyway.

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2011, 04:09:14 PM »
It was announced that Daigo Umehara will be making his tournament debut here in the states playing Marvel vs. Capcom 3, in addition of course to SSF4 AE at the NorCal Regionals June 18 - 19

Courtesy of eventhubs.

Looks like we're going to see what Daigo has to offer pre evo.
Stop sandbagging.

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2011, 06:12:21 PM »
you can't use tokido as an example for daigo because tokido has played far more marvel and even says shit like "this game was made for me".

Besides I think most top American players are going to switch to Phoenix teams now after tokido and viscant both won majors with Phoenix teams.  I have to say that tokidos Phoenix team is smart as fuck, he either gets the first hit and x factors to kill off your point and give himself a chance to kill the second or if he loses wolvie he defaults back to The dark Phoenix strategy. So it's a decoy and a threat at the same time. And if you make a team to counter Phoenix like Justin did... Well level 1 xfactored wolvie fucks that up... Noones falling for tron gimmicks anymore when she's the last one left.

Afterall he hasn't played Super since AE came out I think. Is it that ubelievable to think he might be good at another game?

why even say this after I already listed all the games daigo was godlike in until he stopped playing it? Dont bother replying and wait till norcal regionals. Hopefully we get daigo vs filipino champ. 

Offline Madenka AU

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2011, 10:56:05 AM »
why even say this after I already listed all the games daigo was godlike in until he stopped playing it? Dont bother replying and wait till norcal regionals. Hopefully we get daigo vs filipino champ.
I choose to reply now thanks.

I said it because I think its possible for someone to play 2 games actively at one time and be decent at them. That's just my opinion though.

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2011, 05:09:09 PM »
Daigo made top 8 in losers for MVC3 @ Norcal but it was a piss weak bracket.. for some reason Marn decided not to play and it looks like Clockwork didn't show up. Floe beat him pretty easily in Winners finals (and Floe couldn't get into Top 16 @ CEO) and Lamerboi did his annual chokejobs against Daigo.

He's running Wolvering/Dante/Akuma which is a team Richard Nguyen use to run but Richard had Weasel Shot while Daigo uses Jam Session, uses it pretty well with Wolverines slashes. Execution is on point but he's really lacking in matchup experience though... (looked lost against She Hulk) and does some weird things like getting the kill with level 1 xfactor wolverine and than backing off instead of going for that 50/50... he should've played @ Revelations for the xp.... Honestly I think Tokido getting to top 8 @ Final Round was more impressive, much harder comp.

Maybe he's sandbagging for tomorrow.. but if not he has a lot of work to do before Evo and we all know what game he's going to be focusing most of his time on in Japan...

I said it because I think its possible for someone to play 2 games actively at one time and be decent at them. That's just my opinion though.

Wow I never knew that! I like how you say it like it's the exception when in fact most top players are good at multiple games. Wong, Floe, PR Balrog, Chris G, all good @ SFIV, MVC3 and MK9. Skill was never in question, it was Daigo lacking matchup experience and when he looks lost against She Hulk one of the characters who has won the most tournaments in MVC3 at this stage than yeah...

Daigo could be godlike in Mk9 as well for all we know but if there isn't a good reptile out of the 5 people in japan who play that game than Chris G would blow him up.