Author Topic: SSFIV: AE - Steam Pre-Purchase Available  (Read 8511 times)

Offline Gamogo

SSFIV: AE - Steam Pre-Purchase Available
« on: May 19, 2011, 09:18:05 AM »
Pre-Order SSFIV:AE on Steam here:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/45760/

$120 USD for a four pack, otherwise its $40 a copy.

I'm pretty keen to pick up AE for the PC this time around provided they address the woeful framerate issues online matches suffered when paired against people with ghetto machines. With any luck a system rating filter is available perhaps.

I really hope this uses Steam and not GFW for online play too.
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

Re: SSFIV: AE - Steam Pre-Purchase Available
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 12:58:03 PM »
Already bought :D

Though it will still most likely use GFW :(

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 02:15:59 PM »
GFW...yuck. Want to buy this though. Keyboard warrior forever!
The 17 year young monster.

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gamerhold.com
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 03:07:16 PM »
Also, another outlet is Direct2Drive -
http://www.direct2drive.com/10837/product/Buy-Super-Street-Fighter-IV-Arcade-Edition-Download

They tend to have discounts often, so I'll keep an eye for it.  :p:

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 05:49:30 PM »

Offline shadowsoul

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 07:04:30 PM »
Im willing to fork out for a four pack if I get three others down.

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 07:11:35 PM »
Im willing to fork out for a four pack if I get three others down.

What you mean by 3 others down?

Offline shadowsoul

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 07:35:59 PM »
If three others say yes they want it, and are able to pay me direct deposit in a reasonable time frame :)

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 07:57:16 PM »
How much?

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 08:04:18 PM »
Will SSFIVAE on PC only work with PC players (ie. Multiplayer only work PC vs PC) ? If so, won't the online group be small?

Offline allyoucaneat

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 08:51:10 PM »
"If so, won't the online group be small"
There are alot of PC players >.> There were about 20 PSN players that use to play SFIV on PC befor SSF4 came out ;p There are at least 10 guys that were really good that don't play on PSN or on XBL so I can't wait for PC version of SSFIV AE >.<

I think XBL and PSN will have more players but I'm sure PC will have enough for endless matches to be fun, not so sure about ranked matches though >.>
"I feel that it's the act of quietly accepting defeat without making excuses" Daigo after being asked what's the most difficult thing in fgs ^^

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 12:34:34 AM »
didn't Sony announce 'Cloud' functions with PS3s so PC and PS3s can play games each other as long as same title/version of the game over Steam?

And also if you buy the game outside of Steam, would it be over Windows Live Games like the Vanilla SF4?

Offline Gamogo

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 12:46:43 AM »
didn't Sony announce 'Cloud' functions with PS3s so PC and PS3s can play games each other as long as same title/version of the game over Steam?

Insofar the only game to support cross-platform play is Portal 2 and that didn't really get a look in because on its release weekend the PSN was shut down. Nothing formal has been announced for other titles and I think if this was in store for SSFIV:AE, Capcom would make quite a lot of noise about it as part of their promotion campaign. Perhaps it could be shoe-horned in later on, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Capcom's post-release support for the IV series has been pretty poor and they seem pretty adamant that that buck stops with the AE release of IV too.

And also if you buy the game outside of Steam, would it be over Windows Live Games like the Vanilla SF4?

Steam is largely a distribution platform (despite heaving a wealth of other features) and this is what Capcom are using it for primarily. They layer Games For Windows on top of IV to facilitate match making and so on which is a patently retarded decision for any developer who uses Steam in my opinion. What this means though is that Steam, disc retail, D2D (or whatever is your chosen purchase method) will all ultimately interconnect on PC via GFW.
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 01:27:35 AM »

Insofar the only game to support cross-platform play is Portal 2 and that didn't really get a look in because on its release weekend the PSN was shut down. Nothing formal has been announced for other titles and I think if this was in store for SSFIV:AE, Capcom would make quite a lot of noise about it as part of their promotion campaign. Perhaps it could be shoe-horned in later on, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Capcom's post-release support for the IV series has been pretty poor and they seem pretty adamant that that buck stops with the AE release of IV too.

Steam is largely a distribution platform (despite heaving a wealth of other features) and this is what Capcom are using it for primarily. They layer Games For Windows on top of IV to facilitate match making and so on which is a patently retarded decision for any developer who uses Steam in my opinion. What this means though is that Steam, disc retail, D2D (or whatever is your chosen purchase method) will all ultimately interconnect on PC via GFW.

so TL;DR steam ftw the end happy ending?

Offline John Tran

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 01:30:32 AM »
It would be nice to play against people on the PS3/PC when playing AE, the computer tends to be a lot less laggy unless someone is deliberately lag switching  8)