Author Topic: SSFIV: AE - Steam Pre-Purchase Available  (Read 8510 times)

Offline hornjo

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Re: SSFIV: AE - Steam Pre-Purchase Available
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2011, 04:07:59 PM »
hmmm i doesn't really bother me for now but i understand if people want to play on their laptops to work or at school and not being about to play the other characters. Although im still playing ssf4ae for pc and upgrading ssf4 to ae on my 360

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2011, 09:26:09 PM »
I'm assuming that if we stay logged on,
we'll have access to training mode/versus mode etc. with all the characters.

is this right?

Offline hornjo

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2011, 09:50:03 PM »
I'm assuming that if we stay logged on,
we'll have access to training mode/versus mode etc. with all the characters.

is this right?
yeah as long as you're logged on with your gfml

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2011, 11:01:16 PM »
Okay cool.

I'm still up for the PC version of AE  :D

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2011, 01:16:35 PM »
whats wrong with that? Its just if you dled the game and can't play online that makes it limited for pirates. As long as you have an account u can have full access? http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-edition-game-pc
No, as long as your logged in to your GFWL account you have full access, which requires a)you're online, b)you have GFWL running in the background, consuming unnecessary resources, c)that the GFWL servers not be currently down.

Sure, most of the time for most people, this won't matter, but it's unacceptable to me.
This game glorifies violence. I love it for this reason.

Offline shadowsoul

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2011, 05:09:29 PM »
Whelp, well waiting on this to be cracked before we can use it for meets -_-

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2011, 10:41:47 PM »
this will be cracked before you can count to 10 after its release

Offline hornjo

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2011, 10:52:44 PM »
whats wrong with that? Its just if you dled the game and can't play online that makes it limited for pirates. As long as you have an account u can have full access? http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-edition-game-pc
No, as long as your logged in to your GFWL account you have full access, which requires a)you're online, b)you have GFWL running in the background, consuming unnecessary resources, c)that the GFWL servers not be currently down.

Sure, most of the time for most people, this won't matter, but it's unacceptable to me.

yeah thats what i meant its just being online so it doesn't really effect me as much but i could c how it could effect other people. Well im still purchasing both pc and xbox regardless of it, just hope they fix it in the future

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2011, 10:58:58 PM »
Considering how badly pirated SF4 was it's really a miracle that they are releasing it in any form really. There is probably a better way of enforcing it though, like a periodic authentication to the net like once a week instead of all the time or something in that thought.

Offline hornjo

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2011, 03:11:27 AM »
good news for people who complained about the offline restriction

Shortly after launch (it might even be at launch, but we’ll see how submission timing and approval goes) we will roll out a small title update that will completely remove the character limitations for offline mode. That is to say, once you’ve updated, you will be able to use all 39 characters when not connected to the Internet to practice your combo timings, have some fun with a friend on a laptop, or whatever while offline. 

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2011, 03:42:20 AM »
Looks like Capcom listened to the fans and realised how stupid they were with the while DRM debacle..

IMO there will always be games pirated and it would have only taken a few days until the  hackers figured out how to unlock the full 39 characters offline.

This is a good move on capcom's behalf I think as there will now be more people interested in purchasing the PC release of the game
[22:56] <Auxide> K to the G : the Daigo of shit talk

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2011, 12:09:14 AM »
Original link for people interested.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/sven/blog/2011/06/02/ssfiv:_ae_pc_%E2%80%93_drm:_we_had_it_wrong

So, yeah, a lot of people had the same response. Sounds like a fine compromise to me.
This game glorifies violence. I love it for this reason.

Offline whatcudgowrong

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2011, 05:01:12 PM »
Going to get the Japanese language version from Steam just because I can...

Offline maxsze90

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2011, 03:55:12 PM »
Wow SSFIV:AE on PC? I'm gonna buy a capable laptop just so I can find a room at uni library and pull out my Round 2 Tourney Stick. Sad? Yes. Noisy? Yes. But it's SSFIV:AE on the go...

But it's ok, there's an arcade in the city.... maybe after uni I guess. :x

Offline elliot

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2011, 07:52:10 PM »
I got a leftover from a 4 pack for $28 if anyone is interested. Check the buy/sell forums and hit me up on PM