Author Topic: [Blktwn] PLAYTIME SSFIVAE tournament 19/5/2011 *RESULTS*  (Read 1343 times)

[Blktwn] PLAYTIME SSFIVAE tournament 19/5/2011 *RESULTS*
« on: May 20, 2011, 01:34:37 AM »
Full Results

1. Monmi
2. Genxa
3. Alexk

4. Mr Caesar
5. Codemonkey
5. Ezekiel D
7. 0Renzokuken0
7. Jonno
9. Sunny
9. Tony
9. Jc
9. Toa
13.Elias
13.Carlo
13.Hector
13.Adam
17.John
17.Bill
17.Luke
17.Andrew
17.Blake
17.Teina
25.Michael
25.Justin

25 participants
<azu> if you block it the wrong way, its unblockable

AtomicX

Re: [Blktwn] PLAYTIME SSFIVAE tournament 19/5/2011 *RESULTS*
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 01:42:01 AM »
Zeke did you use Dan? I want videos! :D

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 02:04:37 AM »
fuck i shuold of went omgomg
retired as best sent in aus
no more umvc3 time for sfxt

Offline ABM|ace

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 09:04:21 AM »
oh wow Mon made it into top3! congrats!  :D :D :D :D :D :D
<SR> i go for girls that can speak canto
<humanbomb> I thought SR is gay !

Offline 0Renzokuken0

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 10:00:34 AM »
haha I don't think I was 5th, um there was also Renton? The rufus that beat me.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 10:17:17 AM »
Zeke did you use Dan? I want videos! :D

My Dan would've been dumbed out of the tournament >.<

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 10:18:06 AM »
fuck i shuold of went omgomg

Shoulda woulda but didn't

Offline Alexk

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 10:42:28 AM »
Crouch fierced Yun and Yang to shit so I'm happy :D. Plus I won a Chun Li action figure with 31 points of articulation!

Was a fun tourny. Can't wait for the next one. Its local too! ;D

Just one thing though. It would make things wayyy smoother if the rounds were set to 3. I guess we'll bring it up with the tourny organiser next time. Plus playing in the 5 round format, you sort of have to think differently since you can be up 2 rounds and all of a sudden your opponent adapts. IMO thats kinda iffy. Maybe some of the blacktown guys are used to that but it would be nice to make it closer to the norm. There is the meter management issue too. I was watching Henry saving meter until the very end of the match when he had super by the end of the first round or beginning of the second. Seemed like he did in every match that I saw.

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 11:22:40 AM »
well done Mon

now u can use the voucher to get the new ssf4ae on disk lol

get the pc version while ur at it xD

Offline ABM|monmi

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 02:58:52 PM »
Full Results

1. ABM|Monmi
2. Genxa
3. Alexk

4. Mr Caesar
5. Codemonkey
5. Ezekiel D
7. 0Renzokuken0
7. Jonno
9. Sunny
9. Tony
9. Jc
9. Toa
13.Elias
13.Carlo
13.Hector
13.Adam
17.John
17.Bill
17.Luke
17.Andrew
17.Blake
17.Teina
25.Michael
25.Justin

Way bigger turn out than I expected it to be. Thank you to all the Blacktown regulars and Henry for making the trip down. Shoutouts to Alexk for striding in at 7pm and not knowing he was late and Kodi for being 5 minutes away from being able to join :D.

The 3/5 rounds issue was brought up to the TO and I think we can set it to inexperience. He did want to change it mid tournament but that would have been unfair to those who have won/lost in the first round of the brackets. I do agree that this rule screwed Henry the most(and we talked about this in his car) as his character is the most meter dependent out of everyone there. The rules were posted weeks in advance though so It's not like he didn't have time to prepare.

Thank you to Playtime for running a great tournament out of nowhere. Hopefully we can get more in the future with more of the GG's regulars showing up :).
[16:06] <@humanbomb> stick with viper mon
[16:07] <@humanbomb> you are not good enough to learn new chars xd

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 09:00:55 PM »
GGS to all I played last night! I was surprised I came 4th.. but that's not saying much about us west siders lol, it was quite easy to bait out DP's.. As Henry said last night.. "Is shoryu the only move these guys know how to do?! :D"

Nice to finally meet you Ren.

@Blacktown Adam - your Ryu is scary as ever, I always panic when I play against you :), the sheer nature of the randomness messes with my head

@Ren - Nice to finally play against you, I think I got lucky in our matches as you made a fair bit of combo vids in our set, I think had the matches been best out of 3, it would have been a little different

@Zeek - You should've just gone with DJ from the get go, I honestly haven't played a DJ and didn't really know what to do against him.

@Henry - Yun = boo :) I think I did alright against your Yun considering its the second time I've played against him and you and Alex were giving me tips on the fly to try and beat him, I just need to stop fireballing off a blocked cr.mk and stop pressing buttons during block strings, there were far too many counter hits, but it was a good lesson learned against Yun. ST.MP is gdlk against Yun! :D (also.. how much do you want for that Ryu figure? ;D :D I want it! hahah)

@Alex - Damn I choked! combo's were being dropped left/right/centre... Jab jab... NOTHING :D.. your Ryu is just damn too solid and your execution is just always on point, your experience was just so evident last night :(.

It was an enjoyable losers Semi-Final, but I simply couldn't handle the pressure of 25+ ppl watching my every move haha. I definitely got a lesson in playing at the arcades with pressure.... in which I FAILED miserably at. You out played, out executed and just mind ****ed me. Too good.

@Mon - Viper IS SOOO BROKEN!!! :p With that JB voucher, you can get an xbox! :D

[22:56] <Auxide> K to the G : the Daigo of shit talk

Offline 0Renzokuken0

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 08:46:44 AM »
Ah so you are Julius, yeah it was great meeting you. Man during our match I was like how the did you know to delay your shoryuken during my j.hp on oki. It stuffs shoryukens IF it's a reversal it's very rare that the Ryu's I play do a non reversal DP on wake up since it will allow proper safe jumps to work. But yeah j.hk is what I should've done which I did eventually in the later rounds but it was too late haha. All good though, I enjoyed our match since it was mainly footsie based you barely jumped  ;D. Hope you didn't mind if i uploaded it.

Also I uploaded some footage of the grand finals starting from the second round from the first set links are here.

Monmi(C.Viper) Vs Genxa(Guy) Pt 1
Monmi(Yang) Vs Genxa(Guy) Pt 2
Monmi(Yang) Vs Genxa(Yun) Pt 3
Monmi(C.Viper) Vs Genxa(Guy) Pt 4
Monmi(C.Viper) Vs Genxa(Yun) Pt 5

I really wish I had more footage especially Alexk vs Monmi/Genxa those were really tense matches sorry for not recording that I was too lazy too haha. I also apologise about the angle since we didn't want to get too close to distract them.

Props to my friend for recording the footage on my phone as I said before I was too lazy to hold it in place for 5 min.....

Offline Genxa

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 09:38:36 AM »
I HATE 5 ROUNDS
I HATE 5 ROUNDS
I HATE 5 ROUNDS
I HATE 5 ROUNDS
I HATE 5 ROUNDS
I HATE 5 ROUNDS
I HATE 5 ROUNDS

thanks for vids Ren~~~~~ <3

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2011, 09:56:46 AM »
Thanks for the vids ren..

I noticed a lot of execution errors on my game.. sooo different from Alex's game :(

*goes in the lab*
[22:56] <Auxide> K to the G : the Daigo of shit talk

Offline ABM|monmi

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2011, 02:28:11 PM »
Thanks for the vids Ren!
[16:06] <@humanbomb> stick with viper mon
[16:07] <@humanbomb> you are not good enough to learn new chars xd