Author Topic: Arcade Edition May Not be the Last of the Street Fighter IV Series  (Read 5046 times)

Offline Zeekin

Re: Arcade Edition May Not be the Last of the Street Fighter IV Series
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 04:23:50 PM »
sodom and oro, just to mess with everyone!

Offline S7R31F

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 07:06:51 PM »
I'm still pretty confident they'll give us another two characters.

The character screen just seems "out of place"

agreed
youtube.com/S7R31F

Offline Gamogo

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 07:40:39 PM »
Plus I'm amazed that Akuma seems to slink around like a thief in the night when it comes to lists. Sure he has low health, but he really does have no bad match ups, equally he can lame you out, play solid, or mix it up. He never get's touched, but nobody takes notice for some reason.

Akuma has bad matchups.

And I assure you that with every iteration of the game he has had his fair share of nerfs.
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 07:53:43 PM »
fei is the new chunli.....

all the fei players trying to mad deny that hes a top tier character lol

CEO of ABM. Bringin the HATE since 08 son
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1660/img0546vx.jpg

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 07:57:37 PM »
I really doubt they'll be making new characters for SSFIV again and than another set of new SF characters for SFxT which is only like 8 months off and already has those characters finalized and getting balanced as we speak. Ono's team has a lot of work to do with SFxT, in addition to having to convert around 20 Tekken characters to a SF style game he has to redo his SFIV characters as well as provide some new ones (Karin?, Alex?, Elena? Urien? Poison?). They have a lot of work to do and look to be launching with a bigger Roster than the 3rd version of SFIV. I really think they want to make SFxT as good as possible and outsell MK9's first month in America, that did like 1.1 million to SFIVs 850k and Marvels 790k.

Personally I think SFIV is done. When it comes to Ono's team... probably something like SFxT > Darkstalkers > SFxT2.0 >>> SFV on the gen after on Xbox720/PS4. That Capcom USA guy has mentioned Ono as someone who has stepped up since Inafune's departure from Capcom. So I think he'll get that Darkstalkers game he's been pushing for, especially if SFxT reaches SFIV sales levels.
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

findlay_stuart

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2011, 08:01:23 PM »
Plus I'm amazed that Akuma seems to slink around like a thief in the night when it comes to lists. Sure he has low health, but he really does have no bad match ups, equally he can lame you out, play solid, or mix it up. He never get's touched, but nobody takes notice for some reason.

Akuma has bad matchups.

And I assure you that with every iteration of the game he has had his fair share of nerfs.

Like who though? Yun?!!! (hands up entire cast!)  :)

He got a better DP, some changes to his U2 and a better back dash (I think?) , his Tatsu was a nerf that was across the board and like I said before it was just another bull shit tool that the game had to get rid of to make it better.

Lower health characters seem to get a free buy from criticism , if that's all it takes then they can go ahead and give Fei Long 900!!   ;)

I'm not arguing with anyone, I'm just tired of hearing the Fei Long "God Tier" when it's not true, he's just a very solid quality character in the right hands.

Edit: and another one comes flying in 2 posts above!  ;D

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 08:15:12 PM »

I'm not arguing with anyone, I'm just tired of hearing the Fei Long "God Tier" when it's not true, he's just a very solid quality character in the right hands.

not true based on what

have a look at any ae tierlist lol. he is a top tier character. not game breaking, but without doubt he is either 1st or 2nd in the game.

findlay_stuart

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 08:35:48 PM »

not true based on what

have a look at any ae tierlist lol. he is a top tier character. not game breaking, but without doubt he is either 1st or 2nd in the game.

Of course he's a top tier ( I hate lists) character, easily in the top 5. You know what he got? +1 on his standing jab, one frame. I've already had people message me saying "man now that fei's so buffed he's a beast". It's funny because I'm beating players with the EXACT same tactics I used 2 weeks ago and 6 months before that, but now that the magically enhanced Fei has hit, he's perceived as a monster.

He didn't all of a sudden jump up the ladder, he was alway's good. But now that Mago and tokido have came out and said it, everyone just jumps all over it like a rash.

I'm telling you now, Fei won't win many tournaments, and players that pick him up will drop him after they find out you actually have to put effort and time into making him effective.

On top of all that, people that even care about lists need a shake. I didn't pick him up in Vanilla because I had a magic ball, I just liked playing him, he was my character. The sooner people get over these disadvantages (that apply to about 1% of the SSF4 community) the better they'll be at the game. That's not directed at you, just in general.

Anyway's, this thread is going well off track.

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 08:44:58 PM »
feilong was already a top tier character in ssf4 console.

ae merely nerfed the shit out of his bad matchups, gave him a standing jab like balrogs, and he can combo into his sweep from a hitconfirm combo.

and any character needs effort put in to win tournaments with, what is your point.

tier lists are a guideline for which characters are viable if u play to win. also good for knowing what to counterpick with

findlay_stuart

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 09:16:26 PM »

tier lists are a guideline for which characters are viable if u play to win. also good for knowing what to counterpick with

Which could be one of around 10 potential characters. Jab sweep is a great buff, it doesn't change a hell of a lot in general play, your just at an even bigger disadvantage if I corner you.

Of course any character needs work. But Fei needs work, you can't just pick him up and start slaughtering people like Vanilla Sagat, or Yun.

The nerfs that were applied to his bad match ups, again were bull shit tools that either shouldn't be in the game or were OP. He's just a result of that.

Anyway's I'm off to ranked to destroy everyone with 1 inch punches and 2 finger push ups... ;)

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 09:28:57 PM »
lol @ "bullshit tools"

more like "shit scrubs complained about"

Offline Goodpart

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2011, 09:38:50 PM »
Which could be one of around 10 potential characters. Jab sweep is a great buff, it doesn't change a hell of a lot in general play, your just at an even bigger disadvantage if I corner you.
Guile is WTFing left and right at this assertion because jab sweep finally gives Fei a reasonable way to maintain pressure from a hard knockdown at any point in the screen.

The nerfs that were applied to his bad match ups, again were bull shit tools that either shouldn't be in the game or were OP. He's just a result of that.
Not every nerf that benefited Fei was bullshit/OP. That just translates loosely to "I didn't know how to beat it". The only thing that legitimately blew Fei up for free was Breathless, which still works against him, FWIW.
fe ilnog~

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2011, 09:42:42 PM »

Edit: and another one comes flying in 2 posts above!  ;D

This is stupid. By extension, so are you.

Fei is clearly excellent. This is acknowledged globally. Stop being dumb.
Perth made me do it.

Offline ABM|monmi

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 09:52:20 PM »

On top of all that, people that even care about lists need a shake. I didn't pick him up in Vanilla because I had a magic ball, I just liked playing him, he was my character. The sooner people get over these disadvantages (that apply to about 1% of the SSF4 community) the better they'll be at the game. That's not directed at you, just in general.

No one gives a shit about you playing fei in vanilla but you. What is stupid is your inability to accept that he's top tier because you 'don't like lists'.
[16:06] <@humanbomb> stick with viper mon
[16:07] <@humanbomb> you are not good enough to learn new chars xd

findlay_stuart

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 02:15:47 AM »

This is stupid. By extension, so are you.

Fei is clearly excellent. This is acknowledged globally. Stop being dumb.

Didn't say he wasn't, so who the fuck are you to criticise pal? You want to contribute something, then contribute, otherwise I'll band you in with the losers on SRK that hand out one liners because they think their cool. Nice to meet you  ;)

No one gives a shit about you playing fei in vanilla but you. What is stupid is your inability to accept that he's top tier because you 'don't like lists'.

Kindly point out the part of thread (Again) I highlight that Fei is not Top Tier, Oh shit, that's right your a one liner! My apologies.

lol @ "bullshit tools"

more like "shit scrubs complained about

Nope , legit moves that the game developers deemed unbalanced. Of course who are we to argue, we know better right? Tatsu escape, all day long baby.....

Fei Long is in his prime, and in the correct hands is absolutely one of the best characters in the game. What he's not is an over powered brain dead train that runs through you , like a few people seem to have concocted through ......what?.....3 day's play?  . Perhaps I need to spell that out?

Give it time guy's, lower your handbags, and everyone chill the fuck out. I did imagine this utopia where players are able to exchange thoughts and views on characters without treading into SRK main page thread comments. Clearly that's not the case.

Goodpart, I have no arguments with your opinions, you are correct in that respect. My "bullshit" moves are listed on the previous page, which I think is a fair list in my opinion. I probably jumped the gun there.

In fairness to all of us involved in this ridiculous exchange, we could all easily be equally wrong, time has proven that lists change and match up's can be figured out. Only time will tell, so in that respect I am perhaps as wrong as anyone.