Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Discussion Thread  (Read 27595 times)

Offline ABM|ace

Re: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - NOW WITH AIR X-FACTOR
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2011, 09:19:32 AM »
How can a fireball...travel instantly? Wouldn't that be like, the best thing ever?

It would be kind of similar to Viper's seismo i guess. But it causes wall bounce so it would be pretty gdlk if the opponent is in the corner
<SR> i go for girls that can speak canto
<humanbomb> I thought SR is gay !

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2011, 09:58:48 AM »
How can a fireball...travel instantly? Wouldn't that be like, the best thing ever?

It would be kind of similar to Viper's seismo i guess. But it causes wall bounce so it would be pretty gdlk if the opponent is in the corner

It's really no different to a beam imo.

Causing wall bounce could lead to some interesting combos though. Depends on the startup I suppose.
Stop sandbagging.

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2011, 10:26:53 AM »
I dunno about you guys, but personally the thing I'm the most hype for is @#$ing SPECTATOR MODE!!!
My "chronicles of a scrub": http://beingascrub.com/

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2011, 11:09:29 AM »
Yeah, a useful online would be pretty awesome.
This game glorifies violence. I love it for this reason.

Offline ABM|ace

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2011, 04:25:58 PM »
Here's a list from Neo Empire. I thought I would just put it here so people don't have to keep looking around and we can have everything in one place.
(I bolded my favorites) :D

Aesthetic Changes:

The HUD is completely different now. More comic book style.

The assist characters health bars are harder to see, but apprently this isn't really an issue when you see the game in the flesh.

Character select screen is now like a comic book.

VS screen now the artwork of the teams rather than the in game character models.

The victory screen after a match now shows all 3 characters evenly and looks different.

X-Factor icon is bigger and in the centre of the screen, previously it was too dark and sometimes it was hard to tell if you have used it. So this is a much better change despite how big it is.

When you x-factor your character goes into like a shadow mode rather then just glowing red.

Characters now say something upon entering the screen when the previous character died.

---

System Changes:

DHC Glitch which resets hit stun and damage is gone.

The exchange glitch is gone.

X-Factor has been normalised across the board so the percentage increase in speed/damage is near enough the same for everyone.

X-Factor can be done in the air

X-Factor Lvl1 is now 7 seconds, X-factor lvl2 is now 10 seconds (TBC)

Left and right Aerial Exchange takes away a meter from your opponent

X-Factor health recovery is slower (TBC)

---

Character Changes:

Wolverine's Berserker Slash is not invincible and slower. Can be hit very easily .

Wolverine is apparently at about 75% of his old overall speed. (TBC)

Phoenix can only have one action per jump... meaning one fireball then she floats down.

Tron Gustaff Fire assist has been nerfed, a bigger hittable box (TBC)

Wesker has a big health nerf and his teleports are slower (TBC)

Dante's properties on some specials have been changed, combo into volcano j.C, airplay, j.C land launch apparently knocks too far away to combo anymore (TBC)

Dante's Hammer invincible air move has been nerfed (TBC)

Zero's lv.3 Buster causes soft knockdown now (was hard knockdown before). TBC from more sources.

Taskmaster's vertical shot (horizontal) distance is now the same as his QCF+M+H

Arthurs health has been buffed (TBC)

Arthur’s air S makes him dive to the ground very quickly now, allowing him to combo easily

Haggars f+H now causes bounce rather than huge hitstun (TBC)

Ryu's Hyper Fireball now bounces off of walls

Spencer has a new move, an air dive that OTG's

Ghost Rider has at least 2 special moves that OTG, and his two level one supers appear to OTG. His level 3 super is a grab where he uses the Penance stare on you.

Strider is the first character to have two level 3 supers, (Ragnarok, and the Ouroboros.) Most of his moveset from Marvel 2 was shown. His robot animal super OTGs.

Firebrand's level 3 appears to summon a computer controlled doppleganger firebrand to assist.

Hawkeye's level 3 super OTGs. He fires off Antman, who hits the opponent, then grows in size and gives the opponent the biggest Monty Python boot known to man. Hawkeye has different arrows he can fire depending on the button pressed (frozen shot, poison shot, piercing shot, triple arrow, scatter shot, and net shot are shown.)

Viewtiful Joe has the "Slow Dodge" move now. It's a special move that's super cancellable. In the Viewtiful Joe games, if you activated Slow and you got attacked, you'd dodge.

Magneto has a new special move where he sucks you in with magnetism. Gravitation magnetizes the opponent. Repulsion pushes them away. Attraction pulls them towards you. His air-to-ground dash is slower now.

Akuma's Hurricane Kick Assist doesn't knock down anymore, the opponent will flip out. Also cannot infinite light tatsu in lvl3 xfactor.

Ryu can charge up his fireballs and they fly so quickly you can barely see them on screen. Charging can be done by holding down the button, like in Street Fighter X Tekken. A fully charged fireball will explode on contact, causing a wall bounce. He can also charge his Shoryuken now. Ryu can cancel his overhead with special moves now.

Taskmaster has a new move called the Charge Sting. It impales the opponent, can combo into it. It appears that he can grab after his Charging Star move now.

Dormammu's Flame Carpet OTG now pushes the opponent very far away. Much harder to combo from, even with an assist.Wolverine has a new move where he does a bunch of slices at close range, with the odd shoutout to "Swiss cheese." This attack is similar to Chun-Li's lightning legs, except it's with his claws.

Storm has a move that pulls in the enemy and pushes them away with wind.

Magneto Disruptor MUCH slower

Haggar's Lariat assisst doesn't cause hard knockdown anymore.

Captain America has a double jump now

She-Hulk's slide has had it's range nerfed

Dante's j.S has more start up, Million dollars is more punishable and his st.L and st.S have faster startup.

Trons j.H knocks away making it harder to combo after

Hsien-Ko is faster (TBC)

Dooms j.C laser is faster

Wesker's Air Grab doesn't drop the opponent right below him, now they go flying across the screen.

Arthur can chuck 3 lances out (TBC)

Skrull can do Meteor Smash in the air

Deadpools Quickwork has been sped up and more range (TBC)

Taskmasters Shield Charge b+H has had it's distance increased (TBC)

Akuma has a Demon Flip Command Throw now (TBC)

Chris has less start up on some of his special moves (TBC)

Captain Americas Shield Slash is MUCH faster (TBC)

Captain America overall is a faster character (TBC)

Iron Mans UniBeam is faster and recovers faster, spammable (TBC)

MODOK has a new air Psionic blaster done with S (TBC)

Morrigan finishing shower is faster and speed increase (TBC)

Sentinel drones as an assist have been sped up (TBC)

Trons Bonne Strike has quicker recovery (TBC)

X-23 Rage Trigger hyper is faster (TBC)

Zero Rekoha hyper is now wider and covers more ground (TBC)

Deadpool has faster Ninja Gifts (TBC)

Source: Neo Empire
<SR> i go for girls that can speak canto
<humanbomb> I thought SR is gay !

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2011, 05:31:06 PM »
Dorms c.b got nerfed but he can power up in the air now

morrigans got a soul fist with S now, transfers 1/3 bar of hyper meter on hit, slow startup

she hulk has a zoning tool now, swings a lamp post that covers 2/3 of the screen
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2011, 06:06:34 PM »
Why in gods name would you nerf Haggar? I can't even fathom it.
Play Skullgirls

« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2011, 06:45:15 PM »
Testi got to cocky
I perfected gamerbee........at marvel :D
Sword of the Word, Grand Marshall of the Army of God

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2011, 06:54:25 PM »
Why in gods name would you nerf Haggar? I can't even fathom it.

I don't mind an assist nerf, but only if they make him a viable point char with some very much needed buffs. Some sort of air movement, and some sort of pipe throwing projectile would be pretty nice. Alternatively a captain commando style projectile where he calls out some of final fight buddies.

Haggar is just one of those chars that seems destined to be bottom tier though.

Stop sandbagging.

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2011, 06:56:17 PM »
Deadpool is movin on up though

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2011, 08:12:12 PM »
They mightve buffed haggar, just that since everyone uses him as an assist no one knows him enough to notice lol

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2011, 08:15:48 PM »
Well, the one note they have, that F+H causes a bounce, is a pretty huge nerf, because it seriously limits his combos. Also making Lariat worse is not what I want to read about.

Oh well, at least Ghost Rider looks like a proper keepaway character. Full-screen rushdown baby.
Play Skullgirls

Offline Loki

« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2011, 09:12:38 PM »
You know I'm starting to feel like the UMvC3 notes should just read:
Everything that was good in MvC3 = No longer good.

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2011, 10:25:37 PM »
I think Trish will be a top 5 character, the only thing holding her back now is damage and how stupid some of the characters above her are. Looks like she has no nerfs and air xfactor helps her and her buffs.

Trish

+ Recovery on air and ground Hopscotches reduced

+ Recovery on air and ground Peakaboo reduced

+ Peakaboo assist comes out faster

+ Low Voltage projectiles have faster start ups

Pity no one found C.Vipers new move.

Offline Alexk

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2011, 12:08:45 AM »

o.sagat!

*throffs at the mouth*