Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Discussion Thread  (Read 26948 times)

Re: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - NOW WITH AIR X-FACTOR
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2011, 07:42:04 PM »
Trish's Voltage Super now hits OTG, she's looking the goods in this game. Also Felicia may be a problem, she can now delta Kick in the air and air delta kicks cause ground bounce. Viper gets to do a Cyclops and shoot lasers out of her glasses, done like Zero's buster except it can't be released in air.
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

Offline Timic83

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2011, 09:32:45 PM »
should've removed x-factor... i at least hope you can turn it off this time

hype for nemesis and frank!

pheonix nerfs... i can't control it... :(
hugos foot, it looks like a duck

« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2011, 09:41:06 PM »
Give a good reason why Timic

« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2011, 08:52:01 PM »
i agree with timic, because i am used to old versus games which did not have a comeback factor.
i would like to have barque more than x-factor, atleast you could like burst out of combos in tvc.
Please governor, I don't smoke
Stay Gold.

« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2011, 10:01:52 PM »
burst out of combos

terrible terrible game mechanic

should remain relegated to weeaboo anime games.
CEO of ABM. Bringin the HATE since 08 son
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1660/img0546vx.jpg

Offline Timic83

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2011, 11:56:00 PM »
there isn't any reason x factor needs to exist. it just adds a way for worse players to make undeserved comebacks, and good palyers to abuse these mechanics. *couch* level 2 ultras
hugos foot, it looks like a duck

Offline JBHewitt

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2011, 11:51:59 AM »
xfactor = ultra's

if you don't like the mechanic then stick with sf2

marvel is a crazy game that's meant to piss off clinical players.
Brisbane LAN: lansmash.com

« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2011, 05:22:15 PM »
but then, why did they need x-factor in the first place?
all the old versus games didn't need it.
imo, versus games were much more crazy and more difficult in the olden days.
but i guess x-factor will give the marvel series a twist for years to come.
Stay Gold.

« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2011, 05:35:04 PM »
X factor is like msg for chinese takeaways. They are awesome in taste but unhealthy.

« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2011, 05:38:01 PM »
You know when your drinking at a lounge, and you order an expensive sounding cocktail without checking what the price is? X-Factor is like that.
Play Skullgirls

« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2011, 06:35:54 PM »
but then, why did they need x-factor in the first place?
all the old versus games didn't need it.

Well Evo MVC3 champion Viscant theories that after people just rubbished Capcom Fighting Evolution as being unbalanced crap that Capcom have felt the need to include some gimmicky comeback factor like Ultras and X-Factor as a way to hold peoples attention. Harada the Producer of the Tekken series feels the same way which is why RAGE is now in Tekken.... I don't actually have the Viscant rant but someone who read or heard it posted this.

One circumstance that exemplified those qualities to me in particular was his curiously impassioned defense of Capcom Fighting Evolution. CFE was a hackjob of a game that had no budget and was mostly unremarkable, but it seemed like the entire competitive community wrote it off because they decided that it was horribly unbalanced only a matter of weeks into its life. Nobody bothered to truly prove that, or to really crack the game open. No one really gave it a chance. Viscant put people on blast for that, and he lamented that we're probably doomed to see silly gimmicks and comeback mechanics shoehorned into every Capcom fighter in the future because if Capcom doesn't do that to spice things up, then even the so-called hardcore fighting game community will just write-off any other effort as "something we've all seen before." He's defended a number of other games for similar reasons, and anyone who insists on respecting a game for what it is and approaching it with an open and curious mind will always get some level of respect from me.

I guess that's why we got Cross Assault unveiled @ Comic Con for Street Fighter X Tekken... and that game was looking so good with no comeback mechanics.. and than they announce something potentially so stupid.. oh well at least it's not a comeback mechanic and they already said the timer is going to be cut in length and is only long so people can have fun trying it out.
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2011, 07:41:39 PM »
imo, no games need comeback factors... only good balancing.
atleast make it so that you have to earn some kind of comeback factor, you should not be rewarded for getting hit.
Stay Gold.

Offline laiger

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2011, 12:38:14 AM »
Except the biggest problem with x-factor is not the comeback factor. It's the fact that it can shift the match in your favour really fast going from a 3v3 into a 3v1 before you even know it. I agree that x-factor needs to be nerfed, but I don't think it should be removed since it does allow for an extra element of strategy. IMO just tone down the damage of x-factor (especially levels 1 and 2 x-factor).

« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2011, 09:28:07 AM »
Except the biggest problem with x-factor is not the comeback factor. It's the fact that it can shift the match in your favour really fast going from a 3v3 into a 3v1 before you even know it. I agree that x-factor needs to be nerfed, but I don't think it should be removed since it does allow for an extra element of strategy. IMO just tone down the damage of x-factor (especially levels 1 and 2 x-factor).

I agree X-factor could be a great tool if its damage and speed output for x-factor get toned the hell down.

Offline ABM|ace

« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2011, 09:57:54 AM »
imo, xfactor would be awesome if it didn't give any damage or speed boost. Leave everything the same (health recovery/no chip/same duration/XFC/etc..) and it would be fine
<SR> i go for girls that can speak canto
<humanbomb> I thought SR is gay !