Author Topic: BP is srs bsns  (Read 6047 times)

Offline allyoucaneat

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Re: BP is srs bsns
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 07:49:20 PM »
well if you have high bp, you should prove that you deserve that shit instead of scrub farming. my opinion anyway. i don't mind losing 128pp to people with 0pp and shit cause end of the day i'll always get it back, i think generally if you play anyone and everyone, end of the day you'll usually see yourself floating around the same pp/bp which could be an indicator of 'skill' not that online means shit anyway, in my opinion

;p
"I feel that it's the act of quietly accepting defeat without making excuses" Daigo after being asked what's the most difficult thing in fgs ^^

Offline bbbenson

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »
dodge that shit in ranked all day every day.

gg.
D:

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 12:18:21 AM »
I'm liking the PC & the ranked as ya start over with each character from scratch, & sinceit keeps stats of everything, basically I'm doing my "Get All To B" thing again however I'm keeping track of the character & stop when they hit B rank.

Now I'm pretty sure all you XBL ninja's have ridiculous win rates / streaks etc. But comparing to my stats in Super On XBOX, my averages back then were 40%-45%, looks like I've been improving :) My only rule is that I keep it to fight request via Arcade, so the game chooses random people, or people can join on their own. Even if I'm getting pwned over & over again, don't matter. It's nobodies fault but mine if I lose.

Offline derrace

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 02:01:23 AM »
Haha nice GuVna. Surprised to see no 5K Dan... XBL Ranked games.. those were the days...  :P

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 09:10:26 AM »
Lol online.
Play Skullgirls

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 03:23:01 PM »
I dont see the problem here really :S

Not saying its good or bad... but i think Skullator has the right to choose who he wants to play for whatever reasons
And being a top contender for ranks may change ur view on who u want to play as well

I know some people dont really care about BP/PP but I guess some ppl do... i mean, it's there to drive competitiveness right
and I think, to be efficiently competitive, means having to drop the occasional low BP/PP player

I guess it would be disappointing if there was a top player who was at the top from just choosing to play mediocre players with average bp and pp but I dont think Skullator refuses a game from equal BP/PP players?

I can understand he may think it's not really worth the time and risk to play players with low points.. not that it wouldnt be a good or close match
just they would have alot more to lose than the opponent :(

although... this is just my opinion haha :D

findlay_stuart

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 03:27:02 PM »
I dont see the problem here really :S

Not saying its good or bad... but i think Skullator has the right to choose who he wants to play for whatever reasons

THIS.

We should get little medals next to our user names when someone say's something sensible. Not that there'd be many medals getting dished out around here...

Game talk vs having moan? Moaning is S tier, game talk needs buffed.

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 04:07:48 PM »
He would join my lobby again and again and I just removed him time and time again as I wasnt going to play him.

If you beat a player at his level, you gain 1 pp, and 1 bp.
If you lose to a player at his level, you lose 120pp, and I dunno 20-30bp.

Why would I? Play anyone in endless but dodge that shit in ranked all day every day.

Time to expose yet another Skullator lie (right up there with 'mago only wants to play against me')

You play me despite my woefully low BP so the above is just outright bullshit. The real reason is because you either don't like playing bad matchups or don't like playing players with a reputation for beating people.

Please seek treatment for your rampant mythomania.

TIA.
Perth made me do it.

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 04:27:47 PM »
I play you once because I have no idea what your BP or PP is Jaunty till I see it, then I don't play you again. Our past dealings with each other have already proven to me that you are in fact brain damaged so I'm not surprised you couldn't think of that yourself.

Chun vs Honda a bad matchup for Chun? Laugh.
I have np playing Slidenafls Yun, so yeah.

Thanks for speaking some sence Xeno
My thoughts on 12bp E.Honda players:
"Dodge that shit in ranked, all day every day"

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 04:46:34 PM »
I play you once because I have no idea what your BP or PP is Jaunty till I see it, then I don't play you again. Our past dealings with each other have already proven to me that you are in fact brain damaged so I'm not surprised you couldn't think of that yourself.

Chun vs Honda a bad matchup for Chun? Laugh.
I have np playing Slidenafls Yun, so yeah.

Thanks for speaking some sence Xeno

You've played me more than once.

Sorry about your dementia.
Perth made me do it.

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 04:51:58 PM »
not trying to take sides intentionally
but unless those games are back to back.. i dont think its easy to remember everyones BP/PP
i always see familiar names but forget who they are.. as in their bp/pp, skill level and who they use... so i can try counter pick wahah :D

we all paid for the game... so we can play it how we like :P~

Offline Goodpart

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 10:32:37 PM »
When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...  l do not hit: it hits all by itself.
fe ilnog~

Offline jarop

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 11:18:29 PM »
This must be the happiest forum in all of the internet
PUSH ALL THE BUTTONS

Offline joe.higashi

• Forum user
    • View Profile
BP is srs bsns
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 11:27:24 PM »
Is this thread for real? You'd have to have a pretty self-inflated opinion of yourself to think that everyone should play the game you expect it to be played. Get over it! It's not like he's the only one hosting ranked games. Play others who share the same apathy you have for points.

I don't mind losing 128pp to people with 0pp and shit cause end of the day i'll always get it back

You make this sound like it's an easy feat. Australia doesn't have a big community of big pp earners, unlike Japan and America. The majority of players online are largely considered average to above average and if you're one of the bigger PP earners you are generally playing players with less PPs, therefore, you're likely to be playing at least 3 games to make up the 120PPs that you've lost, or more if you're playing someone who has low to next to nothing PPs. If you've invested that much time into earning a high PP count, you can surely see the injustice of seeing all that time wasted on one loss to a lowly PP player, who's skill is much higher than his points suggest.

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 11:41:12 PM »

we all paid for the game... so we can play it how we like :P~

I want Blanka's next alt costume to include a tshirt with this slogan.