Author Topic: Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Online Edition  (Read 10975 times)

Offline zgnoud

Re: Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Online Edition
« Reply #135 on: August 28, 2011, 04:35:06 AM »
Hey guys,

I know capcom claim this 3s online is arcade perfect. But, do you guys feel it's arcade perfect? Offline of course.

nope.. doesnt feel arcade perfect at all.. just reminds me of the PS2 version with a quicker load time
definitely feel its as strict again for inputs as PS2.. while arcade is more forgiving

You're on xbox yeah Lok? Am i imagining things or is there input lag for the xbox version too? I thought it was just me but i felt the difference too. Its very miniscule... but the timing immediately put me off my links and hitconfirm... definitely more strict. Thought it may have been a mentality thing after hearing about the input lag on the ps3 version.

« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2011, 08:04:15 AM »
glad I'm not the only one findign the inputs way stirct . I knew it would be stricter the SSF4 series which I feel is too lenient but damn

hats off to all you guys pulling the long combos . I high 5 myself eveytime I get a super into a decent combo at the moment

Offline VITRIOL

« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2011, 09:29:48 AM »
glad I'm not the only one findign the inputs way stirct . I knew it would be stricter the SSF4 series which I feel is too lenient but damn

hats off to all you guys pulling the long combos . I high 5 myself eveytime I get a super into a decent combo at the moment

We were really spoiled with the SF4 series' easy-mode inputs, but I'm enjoying this game immensely, currently working on Makoto's s.hp xx U2.

« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2011, 01:56:15 PM »
We were really spoiled with the SF4 series' easy-mode inputs, but I'm enjoying this game immensely, currently working on Makoto's s.hp xx U2.

Are you at all worried about the timing/inputs in Third strike toying with your SF4 Makoto ?

Offline J Lynx

« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2011, 02:53:56 PM »
I'm really enjoying the game too even though I'm no good at it, I certainly haven't noticed any negative effects from it on my AE game, quite the contrary I think if only a little bit.
A.K.A. Street Pussy
How'd you get to be so S-Rank?

Offline VITRIOL

« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2011, 03:01:10 PM »
Are you at all worried about the timing/inputs in Third strike toying with your SF4 Makoto ?

Not really, I'm still putting in time on my AE Makoto. I'm just worried about using karakusa too much in AE since it's so damn good in 3s.

Offline zgnoud

« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2011, 04:32:28 PM »

I remember having great difficulty in learning this combo back then haha..
The trick in pulling the s.hp xx SA2, lies in you being able to cleanly execute the karakusa ->hp link cleanly. Once you link those 2 properly, buffer the quarter circles and strike the kick button just as makoto finishing making contact with her st.HP. Its tough at first, but once you get the general timing down it becomes second nature.

Also just note... for this combo to work, the opponent needs to be situated near your wall -  half screen (directly below the timer) is the maximum range where this will combo.

« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2011, 04:43:10 PM »

I remember having great difficulty in learning this combo back then haha..
The trick in pulling the s.hp xx SA2, lies in you being able to cleanly execute the karakusa ->hp link cleanly. Once you link those 2 properly, buffer the quarter circles and strike the kick button just as makoto finishing making contact with her st.HP. Its tough at first, but once you get the general timing down it becomes second nature.

Also just note... for this combo to work, the opponent needs to be situated near your wall -  half screen (directly below the timer) is the maximum range where this will combo.

So I wasted at least half an hour in the trial trying this,

It even crossed my mind a few times that this might be the case :| doh.

Offline zgnoud

« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2011, 04:51:14 PM »
Haha use the save state tool in training mode, will make it SO much easier and faster... wish i had this feature + random guard when i was trying to learn this and hit confirms on the arcades/emulators.

« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2011, 05:48:37 PM »
GG BKsama.

Will be back for some more games once I re-hit meh training rooms~

Offline bluey

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 15, 2011, 04:19:57 PM »
Hey guys, I noticed the timing difference when I first hooked up 3s on the xbox too.  The timing is off, but it just may well be your screen.  Playing on the TV is noticably off timing, even if you put it onto gaming mode.  Playing on the TN monitor with 5ms grey2grey makes it A LOT better, but I happen to have an old CRT TV which I hooked the 360 up to and it definately made it feel right. 

Offline Jack

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ozhadou.net
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Online Edition
« Reply #146 on: September 15, 2011, 06:24:39 PM »
Hey guys, I noticed the timing difference when I first hooked up 3s on the xbox too.  The timing is off, but it just may well be your screen.  Playing on the TV is noticably off timing, even if you put it onto gaming mode.  Playing on the TN monitor with 5ms grey2grey makes it A LOT better, but I happen to have an old CRT TV which I hooked the 360 up to and it definately made it feel right.

Yeah. Same as sf4 as well! Get good LCD is important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
The better you are in Street Fighter... The shitter you are in Studying...