Author Topic: NO region Filter  (Read 1637 times)

Offline hijakt

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
NO region Filter
« on: August 31, 2011, 08:46:08 PM »
WE Ozzies need to workout a way to gety ourselves a Ozzie Lobby-Somehow we ned to let eachother that the lobby is for Oz player.
Is it possible, like in SF4 u can havbe things like 'having a party' on the lobby screen
How can we do it because this sucks.
Also I think we need to dreate a petition for capcom to include the feature of a regional filter.

Offline Jon Talbain

Re: NO region Filter
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 10:28:05 PM »
I agree this is shyte. Its hard to do though.....

Offline GodlyEffect

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 10:31:25 PM »
Pretty sure Capcom said something about these problems being fixed soon or something.
Shadowloo TEC4LIFE

Offline DQsama

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 10:55:18 PM »
put au at the end of ur gamertag seems like the only way =((((((((((
retired as best sent in aus
no more umvc3 time for sfxt

Offline hijakt

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 11:28:09 PM »
thats costs ms points though doesnt it?
It sucks I havent had 1 proper game yet.

Offline zgnoud

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 11:56:55 PM »
i've given up on rank. Just add all te xbl/psn players from the contact database and create an endless lobby from there.

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 08:59:47 AM »
yeah ranked is a lost cause till they fix the region filter

the only way to play it online is to set up rooms with all private spots and invite anyone online 

Offline Jack

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ozhadou.net
NO region Filter
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 03:26:26 PM »
i've given up on rank. Just add all te xbl/psn players from the contact database and create an endless lobby from there.

That is pretty much what I do. The ranked is rubbish compared to SF4 :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
The better you are in Street Fighter... The shitter you are in Studying...

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 03:43:55 PM »
I found out the other day that a lot of people here use IRC

Join IRC on EFNET and channel #ozhadou

From there it's easier to chat/liase than on a console and can just say 'who wants a game', might increase your chances.

If I didn't work such horrible shifts sometimes I'd be able to play a lot more.

Offline KellyNUTS

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 04:27:56 PM »
Its still terrible with no ranked filter, I would have loved to know WTF Capcom was thinking with some of their decisions with this game!!
"Now just stand still. Move, and the wound will be deeper." - Leona Heidern

Offline Jack

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ozhadou.net
NO region Filter
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »
Its still terrible with no ranked filter, I would have loved to know WTF Capcom was thinking with some of their decisions with this game!!

Couldn't agree with you more! What a stuff up man! Disappointing! Will they bothered to patched it!? It is 12 y/o game :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
The better you are in Street Fighter... The shitter you are in Studying...

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 06:42:13 PM »
Looks like they already have DLC planned, and some of it actually sounds pretty neat.

I hope they do implement this but I don't know how GGPO did match making but I assume just requesting games from people might be the best way to play anyway, depends on the playerbase, I told all my friends to get it (it seems awesome fun), however a lot of them just want to play AE or focus on AE.

I guess I was / am the same regarding Marvel but yeah. I personally havent tried ranked yet and have only played a friend from melbourne, the connection seems good but no time in training mode and no real prac means at the moment playing is like when I first started AE, press buttons and stuff sometimes happens !

edit: I think that actually is still what happens when I play AE.

Offline zgnoud

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 07:23:45 PM »
Ggpo is awesome... Its like a irc chat channel with a list of all the players connected. Each player on the ggpo server had a country flag and ping. You pretty much chat and challenge whoever you want.

Word on the a street is that people may gotten 3s to work on ggpo again... *shrugs you didnt hear it from me  ;)

From eventhubs
"Only issue I have is with no region restriction options. Makes ranked battles useless since I always get paired with others from miles away. Not so much a bug though rather than a very handy feature especially for those of us from remote countries with bad internet (NZ) All things considered, fantastic port! Thanks for all your hard work :) CptMunta

Svensson: I'm discussing this point with the team/technical director and Derek. No promises as this is not trivial (and as you point out, not broken).

Frankly, we need to see the impact the changes to the matching system have in general in helping you find more and better matches. So please stay tuned."

There maybe some hope!

Offline Jon Talbain

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 06:01:12 PM »
Yeah at this point in time I feel like GGPO was better than this.........