Author Topic: [AUS] OHNX: Regionals, Dec 2011 - Feb 2012  (Read 6184 times)

Offline Ziggy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ozhadou.net
[AUS] OHNX: Regionals, Dec 2011 - Feb 2012
« on: October 23, 2011, 11:35:29 AM »

The OHNX: Regionals are a series of preliminary tournaments for OHNX taking place around Australia. The results of each OHNX:R tournament will be used to determine rank seeds for the official tournaments at OHNX, which include SSF4:AE, UMvC3 and TTT2.

For OHNX:R events taking place outside of Sydney, winners will also receive prizes to help cover the cost of travelling to Sydney for OHNX.

Donations
Donations for SSF4:AE and UMvC3 are now closed. We have raised a total of $800 which will be shared evenly between the 5 non-Sydney regionals events. Regionals organisers can contact Final Atomic Buster to claim their share of the money.

OzHadou thanks all OHNX:R - Sydney attendees and independent donators for their generous support.

List of OHNX:R Events
Here is a list of the regional tournaments taking place. Links will be provided as organisers formally announce their OHNX:R events on OzHadou.

Events for SSF4:AE and UMvC3
Events for TTT2

OHNX Rankings from Regionals Results

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
1) Mikey (WA) - 15 pts
1) robsux (NSW) - 15 pts
1) Shadowloo | ToXY (VIC) - 15 pts
4) Vinh (QLD) - 12 pts
4) TheUndyingMage (SA) - 12 pts
4) Shangtsung (NSW) - 12 pts
7) Guillotine-Fist (WA) - 10 pts
7) Gamogo (NZ) - 10 pts
7) Heavy Weapons (VIC) - 10 pts
10) D-Smiles (QLD) - 6 pts
10) Reece204 (SA) - 6 pts
10) vindk8 (NSW) - 6 pts
13) Damon (WA) - 5 pts
13) FuryBlitz (NSW) - 5 pts
13) Shadowloo | SoLemon (VIC) - 5 pts
16) Puaka676 (QLD) - 3 pts
16) NedJoe (SA) - 3 pts
16) Thirdeye (NSW) - 3 pts
19) Martin (WA) - 2 pts
19) kientan (NSW) - 2 pts
19) CARNAGE (VIC) - 2 pts
22) Jason (WA) - 1 pt
22) Spector (WA) - 1 pt
22) AlexK (NSW) - 1 pt
22) bbbenson (NSW) - 1 pt
22) Penh (VIC) - 1 pt
22) Somniac (VIC) - 1 pt

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
1) ABM|KG  (NSW) - 24 pts
2) NefeliousG  (QLD) - 12 pts
2) Arnold Desu  (NSW) - 12 pts
2) Shadowloo | ToXY (VIC) - 12 pts
2) NedJoe (SA) - 12 pts
6) Alistar (WA) - 6 pts
6) Low Blow (QLD) - 6 pts
6) Isorropia (NSW) - 6 pts
6) Somniac (VIC) - 6 pts
6) Reece204 (SA) - 6 pts
6) ToM | Acedizl (NSW) - 6 pts
12) Colonov (QLD) - 3 pts
12) CoolzInferno (WA) - 3 pts
12) hebretto (NSW) - 3 pts
12) ><> (VIC) - 3 pts
12) Mooseking (SA) - 3 pts
12) BeefyGoodness (ACT) - 3 pts

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
1) Dion (VIC) - 12 pts
1) MMT (NSW) - 12 pts
1) DrpPnts4Food (QLD) - 12 pts
4) Samo (VIC) - 6 pts
4) Zhan (NSW) - 6 pts
4) Colonov (QLD) - 6 pts
7) Treao (VIC) - 3 pts
7) St. George (NSW) - 3 pts
7) Scorpion (QLD) - 3 pts

Detailed results for each OHNX:R can be found in the following threads:

SSF4:AE and UMvC3

TTT2

Remember that if a player earns points for the same game at multiple OHNX:R events, those points will be cumulative.

At OHNX players will be rank seeded for official tournaments in order of OHNX:R points earned, subject to regional seeding constraints.

Offline Gamogo

Re: [AUS] OHNX: Regionals, Dec 2011 - Feb 2012
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 03:15:08 PM »
For those in Sydney curious (or anyone wishing to travel to Sydney), the OHNX Regionals for us will be held at a future YSB event at the usual location. We will clarify the formal date in January for this tournament soon.
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 05:35:24 PM »
So no regionals in canberra this year? =(
Born to bleed, Fighting to succeed, Built to endure what this world throws at me!

Offline Ziggy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 08:52:34 PM »
So no regionals in canberra this year? =(
We still haven't received an expression of interest from Canberra tournament organisers. :(

If somebody there is in a position to make it happen please let us know.

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 08:03:59 PM »
Cool man, I was talking to Marty (moreadon) this afternoon and we're keen to run something, He said he'd email you about it. If we can muster all of our forces I'm sure we can get a really good turnout.
Born to bleed, Fighting to succeed, Built to endure what this world throws at me!

Offline Ziggy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 10:01:43 AM »
Donations for OHNX:R
A few months ago we asked the community if they'd be interested in making cash donations towards OHN to help make the event better. The general feedback we received was that yes, people were willing to make donations. People said they'd like to see more prizes made available for OHN, and were more inclined to donate if they knew exactly what their money would be used for.

Enter the Regionals
The OHN Team did some brainstorming and we thought that the best way to spread more prizes between our country's top players would be to help boost the prize pools at Regional events leading up to OHN. In particular, we thought it would be great if organisers could offer more funds to help get OHNX:R winners to OHNX.

Where will my money go?
We've split the donations into two pools: one for the Capcom games (i.e. SSF4:AE and UMvC3) and the other for Tekken (i.e. TTT2). When you make a donation to one of these pools, you are deciding which set of games will receive your donation.

The money will be evenly split between all Regionals events held outside of Sydney. Because the money is intended to help people travel to OHN, Sydney will not be receiving any of these donations. Also tournament entry fees raised at the Sydney OHNX:R event will be pooled into the donation fund (just as we did with OH APAC).

What's in it for me?
For interstate contributors, your donations will help to get regional champions to OHN. This means your region will be represented as well as possible when the time comes to crown the next set of national champions.

For Sydney contributors, your donations will be helping to make your major tournament bigger and better. The nationals rely on interstate competition to make them as hype as possible. The more interstate competitors we can bring to OHN, the more people Sydney gets to prove itself against.

How can I contribute?
There are two Paypal donation pools: one for Capcom games and another for Tekken.

To make a donation, click on the links above or use the donation buttons on this blog page.

Any help you're able to provide is greatly appreciated.

Offline Ziggy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 08:55:56 AM »
First post updated with the dates for OHNX:R Perth and Adelaide.

I'll update with other dates as they become available.

Offline Ziggy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 11:21:42 AM »
I've received word that Canberra will be running an OHNX: Regionals event. Currently it's expected to happen late January.

The original post has been updated to include the Canberra Regionals.

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 02:57:04 PM »
These may be a series of dumb questions (maybe because I didn't look hard enough):

1) Would be it possible to have some regional event within the Wollongong region?
2) Is it PS3 or XBOX360 for the events?

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 11:17:39 AM »
Anynews on when the melbourne date will be announced

Offline Gamogo

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 11:24:49 AM »
These may be a series of dumb questions (maybe because I didn't look hard enough):

1) Would be it possible to have some regional event within the Wollongong region?

Hi MikamiHero,

1.) No OHR event is planned nor has been announced for the Wollongong region largely because of the close proximity to Sydney. Your best approach is to attend either the Sydney or Canberra events if you are interested in attending OHR.

2.) Formal OHN tournaments are played on Xboxes, likewise for the OHR tournaments. DIY tournaments (i.e. for games outside of MVC or SFIV) are played on anything from Playstation 3s to arcade boards.
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

Offline Ziggy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 09:24:39 AM »
Brisbane dates announced and added to the original post.

Anynews on when the melbourne date will be announced

We're still waiting for Loki and/or EXC355UM to announce the Melbourne dates. "Early December" was the last I heard, so if that's still the case I'd expect a thread to appear very soon.

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gamerhold.com
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 04:31:31 PM »
It's got to be AE2k12 before we can run the qualifier. We want to make sure those who win are winning in AE2k12.  :)

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 02:29:15 AM »

Hi MikamiHero,

1.) No OHR event is planned nor has been announced for the Wollongong region largely because of the close proximity to Sydney. Your best approach is to attend either the Sydney or Canberra events if you are interested in attending OHR.

2.) Formal OHN tournaments are played on Xboxes, likewise for the OHR tournaments. DIY tournaments (i.e. for games outside of MVC or SFIV) are played on anything from Playstation 3s to arcade boards.

Thank you, Gamogo! :) I appreciate you replying to my questions. It looks like I will/may have to attend the regionals up in Sydney. No trouble! :P And most probably dual mod my stick haha.

Offline derrace

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 06:54:45 PM »
It's got to be AE2k12 before we can run the qualifier. We want to make sure those who win are winning in AE2k12.  :)

I wish this was true for all regionals. Some how this feels like a repeat of last year. Super at OHN9, AE drops a few weeks later. I just hope AE2k12 comes before OHNX.