Author Topic: Returning to fighting games  (Read 1098 times)

Offline DickyC

• Forum user
    • View Profile
Returning to fighting games
« on: November 11, 2011, 12:13:52 PM »
Hi all,

I used to play 3s and MvC2 casually (back in the 90s-00s) and have pretty much lost contact with the fighting game community (used to play at Galaxy World on George St Sydney before it closed down).

Since then I've been playing FPS's but i think it's time i get back to fighting games.

The only contact i really have with fighting games now is youtube videos.

I have a ps3 at the moment which is my blu-ray player (that's pretty much all i use it for now).

I noticed most videos i've watched on youtube for mvc3 and sf4 are on xbox, is there a reason for this? and does it mean there's not many people on ps3 for fighting games?

Ultimately, do i need to buy an xbox to play fighting games?

Offline Fireryda

Re: Returning to fighting games
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 12:52:25 PM »
the short version is, it's because everybody plays on 360 just because it has a better library of other games.
that and XBL is better than PSN.

so yeah, if you want to play with most people then get a 360.
huehuehuehuehue

Offline DickyC

• Forum user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 01:19:34 PM »
Bugger, thanks, will have to look into maybe getting one after we pay off the car :)

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 01:24:00 PM »
PSN has a small scene, MvC3 is almost dead in the water for PSN (not much better for Xbox). Not worth buying an xbox just for marvel imo, unless things drastically change for ultimate.
SF4 Xbox scene is good, but if you have a pc that will run AE I would just buy the pc version and use that for your SF fix.
Stop sandbagging.

Offline DickyC

• Forum user
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 01:29:35 PM »
Double bugger, Thanks mate, I thought since the youtube vids were one xbox live, that everyone was playing online.

So where do people in syd hang out for fighting games?

A couple of months ago I went to the Good Games place on George St, Sydney and it was empty on a Saturday, I thought it was an arcade but it was a few game machines and a bunch of people playing Magic the Gathering or Warhammer :(

Offline Fireryda

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 02:05:18 PM »
they took out the arcade machiens a while ago. everybody goes to galaxy world on george st across the cinemas now.
huehuehuehuehue

Offline DickyC

• Forum user
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 02:18:08 PM »
Ah ok, i went there too (after I went to good games). Saw lots and lots of children running around inside and a few people playing fighting games, I must have gone at a bad time.

AtomicX

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 03:32:33 PM »
So where do people in syd hang out for fighting games?

This. http://forum.ozhadou.net/index.php?topic=6977.0

And good times for Galaxy World is any week day after work hours from what I've seen. Tuesday and Thursday you can recharge and get (almost) double credit.

Imo xbox is best for fighters. PC nice alternative (SF only).

findlay_stuart

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 12:57:50 AM »
A few PS3 folk jumped ship to X-box also so the pot's getting smaller. It's not essential to buy an X-box, but you'll get more games online. The actual game itself is slightly better on X-box but not enough to say that it's not worth playing on PS3, you would improve on either system.

I sold my PS3 because I didn't play it, plus I already have a BR player.