Author Topic: Great PCB for those looking to make an arcade stick  (Read 4448 times)

Offline hijakt

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Great PCB for those looking to make an arcade stick
« on: November 23, 2011, 05:06:11 PM »
While looking around on the net while fixing my arcade cabinet I found this item which Im sure will be interesting to anyone considering building there own arcade stick.Its a PCB ready to go from a website i saw, thought it may be interesting for some here, so figured Id share the links. http://etokki.com/Playstation3/Joytron-Paewang-Revolution-PCB-Only nad hers another http://www.gtarcade.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=16&zenid=4876744d620113e47131963ef94b915a I havent used either myself,just sharing the link.

Offline kyokugen

• Event Organisers
    • View Profile
Re: Great PCB for those looking to make an arcade stick
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 12:43:31 AM »
While looking around on the net while fixing my arcade cabinet I found this item which Im sure will be interesting to anyone considering building there own arcade stick.Its a PCB ready to go from a website i saw, thought it may be interesting for some here, so figured Id share the links. http://etokki.com/Playstation3/Joytron-Paewang-Revolution-PCB-Only nad hers another http://www.gtarcade.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=16&zenid=4876744d620113e47131963ef94b915a I havent used either myself,just sharing the link.
The first link you mentioned is definitely the best and only ps3+360 dual compatible board. Even when the easier (but now out of stock) PS360 pcb was out, that board was still great to work with because of its slim form factor. It's probably the best choice when modding a VSHG, for example.

The second PCB I have never come across, but for PS3 compatibility I use Toodles' boards http://www.godlikecontrols.com/. The MC Cthulhu is awesome as it supports a range of consoles (namely the PS2). You can also do some pretty neat-o things with pin headers and connectors I think lol. A little pricer, but worth it imo.

For pure 360 for use in sticks or just with a multi console dual modded set up, the MadCatz Fight Pads for 360 (also the Brawl Pad) are also good buys, as they are common ground and do not need any resistors or inversion for their triggers. However they seem to be quite expensive to ship here, and most sites do not offer them, despite offering sticks. :/
ヽ(ー`)ノ

Offline hijakt

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 12:54:51 AM »
sorry to bump an old thread but, If I want a multi arace stick pcb, Im better off getting a MC Cthulu and adding a xbox 360 pcb to it, that way i can use the stick on basically everything
PS3,PS2,DC,Saturn,Snes, PC Engine, Megadrive etc etc. $54 just doesnt compare with th MC Cthulu for I think $34 plus a donor xbox 360 pcb. Has there been any work done on attemptime to reverse engineer the paewang to get the code necessary to uxe it on the MC Cthulu, that you know of?

Do you think the paewang PCB would be encryted like the official stuff, I'm assuning this aint ''/ms licenced, then again Id guess the Qanba isnt either, perhaps the 360 controller protectio has been cracked (must be ig theyre not licence

( Would certainly give th MC Cthulu a massive edge in the market if they can get it working on a 360. I need a soolution for my arcade cab, that runs consoles rather than jamma boards, so Ill have to do this one day soon.

Offline KellyNUTS

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 02:33:39 PM »
When u say get MC Cthulu working on X360 do u mean by itself without the need for an X360 PCB?

Just a heads up, ive got an MC Cthulu in my X360 TE and ive had nothing but problems with it disconnecting on X360 @ random times. What I got back after I had bought it, shipped it & installed it was "oh, yeah thats M$' fault cos of the security on the controllers"
Would have been a great disclaimer before I bought it.

I bought my MCC just after its release, dunno if the problem has been fixed or not. Hopefully it has, then for sure id say just go 360PCB + MCC.

Also, for ease of use have u thought about emulating a majority of those systems? Like getting a Jailroken PS3 or JTAG/RGH X360 and running emulators on em? Then just chuck in the consoles that the emus dont support? If your going to be playing on a HDTV then id highly recommend going EMU so u have all the filters n stuff.

Oh and make sure u put up a build thread, this sounds very interesting!   :D
"Now just stand still. Move, and the wound will be deeper." - Leona Heidern

Offline kyokugen

• Event Organisers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 02:56:08 PM »
Hijackt: you might want to wait for a PS360+ board which will come out some time next month. It does PS3, 360 and PS2 with upgradeable firmware. You can generally get a converter for PS2 controllers for virtually any system too.

When u say get MC Cthulu working on X360 do u mean by itself without the need for an X360 PCB?

Just a heads up, ive got an MC Cthulu in my X360 TE and ive had nothing but problems with it disconnecting on X360 @ random times. What I got back after I had bought it, shipped it & installed it was "oh, yeah thats M$' fault cos of the security on the controllers"
Would have been a great disclaimer before I bought it.

I bought my MCC just after its release, dunno if the problem has been fixed or not. Hopefully it has, then for sure id say just go 360PCB + MCC
Oh and make sure u put up a build thread, this sounds very interesting!   :D
I think most people have used MCCthulhus with TEs for modding and haven't experienced problems. How are you switching between the two PCBs though? Both Julius and I have reported issues with the Imp 1.1 and Imp 2.1s failing and requiring replacement, so perhaps it could be that? Although I haven't personally had any disconnect issue with the switching board. A manual switch would be a good way to test it though.

MCCthulhus definitely do not work without a 360 board though.

If you think it might be related to when you got it and old firmware support, you can always upgrade the chip on the board. There are links to it in the Toodles thread on SRK.

ヽ(ー`)ノ

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 03:34:06 PM »
If there's a new PS360 board coming out next month, I'll be all over that. I got one of them from in2amusements when I made my last two sticks and it was outstanding. Previously I'd used a cheap Xbox controller, ripped the guts out and done the soldering, which is really not reccommended, it can be quite frustrating.