Author Topic: Iron Fist  (Read 1661 times)

Iron Fist
« on: November 26, 2011, 12:05:45 AM »
OK so this guy hits hard, appears to have some pretty useful assists, isn't overly demanding with execution and can be a touch of death for much of the cast even without Spencer around to help.

His problem appears to be getting in and having the opening needed to do the damage.

Would be interested to know what any Iron Fist players here are doing to get that opening?

Re: Iron Fist
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 03:54:39 AM »
Might be one of the most un thought out chars capcom has made, unless some crazy new tech comes along. I see no way for this guy to open people up, he is going to struggle in the long term. A shame because I really like the way he plays, I just wish he had a command grab and a useful low.
Stop sandbagging.

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 07:23:02 AM »
Also his launcher is terrible, they need to be grounded for it to actually launch. WTF? Hopefully he gets patched a little.

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 10:58:42 AM »
Also his launcher is terrible, they need to be grounded for it to actually launch. WTF? Hopefully he gets patched a little.

He can kinda deal with this ok now because of his f+H jump loops, he has high damage combos without needing to take to the air, so you can work around it and not even hit that launch button. It sucks though, you're forced to do counter hit/throw setups, but I can't find a way to combo his throw outside of the corner, so essentially for there to be any mix up you need to corner them first. And since he has no zoning tools, there are some matchups where I don't even know what he will do to achieve this.

He is also a complete carbon copy of Akira from VF haha.
Stop sandbagging.

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 12:08:31 PM »
What assists have you found useful for him?

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 12:40:41 PM »
I've only stuffed around with him, haven't used him too much in actual matches. I think lockdown, assists like frank trolley, or proj assists (IM, task, Sent) are the only real alternatives. I've been playing him last purely for his assist, but the more I use it the less I like it :(
Stop sandbagging.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 12:56:27 PM »
Which assist were you using? I've tried stuff out with the OTG one but you've got to be sitting on top of them really to get anything out of it.

He feels like the sort of character that's one or two good tools away from being a real danger.

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 01:54:46 AM »
flying bruce lee kick one.

Storm on point, call assist and do random hail, made me feel like I was playing mvc2 again haha.
Stop sandbagging.

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 08:42:12 AM »
He's super limited. Might end up being one of the weakest characters in the game.
Play Skullgirls

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 12:21:26 PM »
He's super limited. Might end up being one of the weakest characters in the game.

A shame, because even though I hate the actual character I love the way he plays.
Stop sandbagging.

Offline spikehunter

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 03:23:20 PM »
i agree, but that 2 supers at the wall is so cool T__T like nearly 900 damage of one combo
FADC Ultra? -.-

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 10:08:07 PM »
A relatively basic 2-bar Captain America BnB with the right character to DHC into can also do around 900k. He also has far better tools as a whole  that he can use to zone/open people up with. I'm also kind of disappointed since I like Iron Fists play style but he just doesn't seem to have any like ridiculously good/amazing tools at all.
The Walking Meme. Fruit Ninja Enthusiast. Can block Magneto. Can't block Vega.
Arguably: The Blog