Author Topic: Is it worth it?  (Read 1421 times)

Is it worth it?
« on: January 03, 2012, 12:24:33 PM »
Is the net code any good this time around? Do people still play online?
The 17 year young monster.

Offline MadeManG74

Re: Is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 01:17:11 PM »
I find it's a massive improvement over MVC3, which was pretty terrible. I've played matches against a number of other Australians and found the connection to be fantastic, so I would say yes. Some more accomplished players may notice more lag, but for someone at my level I thought the netcode was really good for inter-Aus.

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 03:38:21 PM »
I think in comparison with Offline, there is a huge difference. But I get use to online. Its not ideal but I learn a lot from playing online.

Offline aadm

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 08:26:37 PM »
I bought an xbox about a month ago and got umvc3 and AE with it. I managed to find one game of umvc3 online. Lol. I gave up sitting there refreshing ranked and endless about 2 weeks ago. Seemed dead from the start to me.

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 08:03:33 AM »
I bought an xbox about a month ago and got umvc3 and AE with it. I managed to find one game of umvc3 online. Lol. I gave up sitting there refreshing ranked and endless about 2 weeks ago. Seemed dead from the start to me.

I reccommend going into training mode and turning the fight request on rather than using the Ranked/Player matchmaking screen. I think you'll get better results that way, and it's just less annoying since the game does all the searching etc in the background while you play.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 04:45:46 PM »
i was thinking about getting it for 360, but is the netcode that much better?
magneto fly combos on psn are  a bitch :()
Please governor, I don't smoke
Stay Gold.

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 02:20:07 AM »
i was thinking about getting it for 360, but is the netcode that much better?
magneto fly combos on psn are  a bitch :()

Probably not.
Stop sandbagging.

Offline aadm

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 02:33:31 PM »

I reccommend going into training mode and turning the fight request on rather than using the Ranked/Player matchmaking screen. I think you'll get better results that way, and it's just less annoying since the game does all the searching etc in the background while you play.

Ah I wasn't aware that was even an option. See now that should be in AE also.  :P

I might go have a shot now.