Author Topic: Dazzle Recorder  (Read 1468 times)

findlay_stuart

Dazzle Recorder
« on: January 10, 2012, 01:34:13 PM »
I only remembered the other night I have a Dazzle video recorder for my Mac. After about 15 cable swaps last night , I eventually managed to get it working....sort of.

First off, It only seems to want to record if the X-box is hooked up to RCA. It doesn't work with composite or HDMI. Is this normal???? Is there a way of getting High Def?

Second, The sound was a bit scratchy, like it was being transferred too loud to the mac, but you can't control the volume from the TV outputs obviously, what you get is what you get. Is there a way of adjusting this?

Third, the only way I can get any of this to work is through my Plasma's "Monitor out" , It doesn't seem to have a "video out" which I thought was strange. Is this something specific to plasma's?

I also have a new yamaha receiver if that would be of further help?

Re: Dazzle Recorder
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »
Dazzle's only use composite as such can't have HD

findlay_stuart

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 08:12:17 PM »
Dazzle's only use composite as such can't have HD

Well I guess that would make sense, so it's pretty useless then (as the aspect ratio will be fucking useless also) . What do other people use?

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 03:09:41 AM »
Mine is slightly different depending if I'm at home or at an event. Only have a HD CRT at home that only has component (Yes there are HDMI CRT TVs probably not being made anymore but they do exist). At an event where we use LCD monitors I can use HDMI. Either way though I use a Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle (The USB3.0 one) just how its all plugged together is slightly different between the two types of inputs

Offline bbbenson

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 03:28:38 PM »
black shuttle intensity is probably the go. i ran mine for the sydney ohr qualifiers yesterday and had 0 headaches/problems.

i know a few other popular products are the avermedia gamecapture and the hauppage which is kinda crappy but sells lots nontheless.
D:

findlay_stuart

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 09:11:20 PM »
cheers for the tips guys, I might check that out.

Offline TheMuso

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.themuso.com
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 09:45:27 AM »
There is a capture/recording device thread as a sticky in this forum, I suggest you have a read.