Author Topic: vewlix clone  (Read 3008 times)

Offline bhof

• Forum user
    • View Profile
vewlix clone
« on: January 30, 2012, 05:25:46 PM »
Hey guys, thinking of starting a vewlix clone from troy @arcadeworx. Does anyone have the 2 player 32" cab? What size screen are you using?

Im planning on getting one but really want a 32" screen. Unfortunately there arent to many options when it comes to 32" low input lag screens available.

Dont really want to go a 27" monitor but its starting look like that my only choice. If Im gonna spend the money to build a cab might aswell do it properly.

Currently have my 46" sony in the lounge which i notice the lag on and also just bought a new epson tw9000 projector but that has worse lag than my tv unfortunately. Great for movies tho.

findlay_stuart

Re: vewlix clone
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 08:12:10 PM »
I got Troy's first 32" Cab "fist pumps"

I had almost the exactly the same dilemma as you. I initially installed a 32 inch Sony Bravia which was fine until it broke but I really wanted a monitor so I could just get rid of the mythical lag that was probably all in my head.

I eventually got a 27' Viewsonic and installed it myself with some L shaped brackets from bunnings to cover the gap. Looks good (pictures on request!)

You have the advantage though, because Troy will build anything you want. I'd ask him to make you the 32' with either a 27' gap, or if he already has them flat packed he'll make you a bracket/mount for a 27' monitor.

Just E-mail him, he's really a top bloke and will help you out as much as he can.

If you need some specs on my monitor or cab just give me a shout.  ;)

Ps I would really go 27' or smaller. 32' is just too big to be sitting that close to the screen IMO, even 27 is border line. Your only about a foot and a bit away remember.

Offline bhof

• Forum user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 11:56:10 AM »
Yea ive already contacted troy and hes happy to make any changes I want, top bloke.

How do you find room for the 2 player CP? Does it need to be any wider?

I already have a Panasonic 32" LCD in my bedroom but not sure on the lag as its an older model and I never play on it. I dont have an old CRT either to test it  :(

How do you find the viewsonic lag wise? What model is it? Ive been doing so much research on all this lag business and its driving me crazy!!! Screw u Lag!! lol

findlay_stuart

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 12:45:52 PM »
Here's my thread from the same scenario...

http://forum.ozhadou.net/index.php?topic=6708.0

CP room is fine, me and a buddy went through MK9 storyline the other week sitting next to eachother (whilst drinking  :P). I also have meet ups sometimes, nobody has ever complained. I did the 2 TE stick version instead of the custom parts.

The reason for this is I can move the TE stick into the middle of the cab for single player (which you will be using 90% of the time). If your doing it this way, you just get troy to drill an offset bunch of holes that overlap the other ones for the TE feet to sit in. That way you can have 2 TE sticks for 2 players, or 1 TE stick in the centre for 1 player. (hope that all made sense). 

I bought the Viewsonic from a local seller for about $415. I'm sure you can get them cheaper now.

Also I posted a link in the thread below about the TV's. It's an SRK thread that has info on low/no lag monitors and Tv's.

Gota run, back later.

Offline bhof

• Forum user
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 01:12:28 PM »
Ok cheers, thats good to hear the cp room is ok.

I was considering the 2x TE's but would really rather a full CP instead. I only have one TE atm but have 2 other customs but would really like to make it something like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpLcf1nGEm0

Im no stranger to prep and paintwork, so really just want to make the rite choice on screens.
Ive been looking at a viewsonic 27" and also a samsung that was recommended aswell.

Only time will tell I guess. Want to try and get this done before sfxt but i doubt it will happen with all the house reno's im doing aswell. See what happens..

If you could post some pics of your cab that would be sweet. Cheers

findlay_stuart

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 03:37:01 PM »
Nice. The only thing you have to consider is that you'll alway's be playing offset as a one player. This would bother me slightly but everybody is different.

Here's my Cab.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR4fViscYvQ

That was with the TV. Have a look at the thread at the top of the Page. There are a couple of other members with cabs. They all have the single player 24' though I think.

You could mod it so only the screen was visable, but I'm not that anal about the whole thing. I just enjoy playing on it arcade style  ;)

Offline bhof

• Forum user
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 11:10:03 PM »
Sweet man looks great. Love how it matches the TE's

What light did u use to light up the vewlix sign? Did you end up putting speakers behind the holes?

Yeah ive read the vewlix thread, thats what has made me want one more....

findlay_stuart

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 01:06:38 AM »
Sweet man looks great. Love how it matches the TE's

What light did u use to light up the vewlix sign? Did you end up putting speakers behind the holes?

Yeah ive read the vewlix thread, thats what has made me want one more....

I just bought some cheap x-mas lights from Ebay and stuck them round the outside of the logo  8) You can't see inside that part, so only the light shines through. It just turns on with a small battery operated case that you can reach under and turn on.

Speakers yes, and a must for the all round Arcade feel. I bought a 5-1 logitech set from JB for about $100. Crank the base for those Tiger Uppercuts  ;)

You could go down the actual round speaker route, to fit inside the holes, but to me that seemed like an unnecessary hassle for sound. The base resonates through the wood and the carved speaker grills let the sound escape just fine.

I went with the original colours because of the TE's but you could go wild with the colour scheme if not using TE's. Also the move lists are an option but I had a small feeling i might regret putting them on there one day if the day ever came were I don't like Street Fighter 4 (unthinkable really, but people change  ;D)

Offline ALx

• Forum user
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 12:37:26 AM »
I'm building a Vewlix as well using Troy's kit, I do agree 27" is the way to go - very cheap now

also got my sanwa buttons from gaminggear.com.au

can't wait to get mine done!  ;D

findlay_stuart

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 04:43:08 PM »
I'm building a Vewlix as well using Troy's kit, I do agree 27" is the way to go - very cheap now

Nice, give us some pics when your done!  ;)

Offline HERECOMESBOTMAN

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 08:20:46 PM »

awesome - looking forward to hearing about it. wouldn't mind a rundown on the costs, as well!

cheers.
omg ken lol

Offline ALx

• Forum user
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 02:08:07 PM »
Will get pics and rundown up in the next few days :)

fyi - Free Shipping code (LXY1CPB5AQ) for gaminggear.com.au