Author Topic: Interest Check: JOYTRON EXChanger dual-console arcade sticks  (Read 2347 times)

Offline phatkau

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Interest Check: JOYTRON EXChanger dual-console arcade sticks
« on: February 06, 2012, 01:23:28 PM »
Hey peeps,

I have a mate who has gotten in contact with the Korean wholesalers of the JOYTRON EXChanger arcades sticks, so I want to throw an interest check out here to see what people think and/or if anyone would interested in getting one.

The PCBs for PS3/PC/360, with a 'clam-shell' case design for access to the inside hardware - similar to the Razer stick.

Official product info on the company's website (page is in Korean): http://www.joytron.co.kr/product_view.php3?kind=1&skind=1&f_num=557
Also a page on SRK: http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/04/joy-tron-announces-exchanger-dual-console-arcade-stick-with-sanwa-or-korean-parts/

NOTE: it was developed with Poongko so you KNOW it works lol.

Offline ZeroX03

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check: JOYTRON EXChanger dual-console arcade sticks
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 07:24:24 PM »
Count me in. Any info on prices?

Offline bbbenson

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 11:47:44 AM »
nto sure if u noticed. the actual stick itself is the korean preferred which are like a mix between the old mas and jap sticks. i believe saulabis were the manufacturer?
D:

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 12:19:29 PM »
Looks like a nice stick.

I have a theory that ball tops are better for motion characters, and bat tops are better for charge characters, but that's just personal opinion.

I have no idea how you would play an airdash game on a bat top though. But they work really well for 3D games.
Play Skullgirls

Offline phatkau

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 04:00:46 PM »
My experience with the Korean style bat top sticks, the gate is extremely round, with a shorter throw than Sanwa JLF's. I was not as comfortable with charge characters, sorry to disagree with you Kyle. The lack of corners would suit motion characters more, IMO.

But I definitely agree with you regarding 3D games - the Fanta sticks are extremely popular in Tekken cabs.

Also, compared to regular Sanwa buttons, the Crown buttons are slightly smaller in diameter c, and flat - like Seimitsu's.

Offline phatkau

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 04:06:52 PM »
nto sure if u noticed. the actual stick itself is the korean preferred which are like a mix between the old mas and jap sticks. i believe saulabis were the manufacturer?

These may be manufactured by Crown - which look like a competitor of the Fanta sticks made by Myoungshin or Taeyoung judging from this page:
http://etokki.com/Arcade-Joysticks

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 10:23:55 AM »
Looks like a nice stick.

I have a theory that ball tops are better for motion characters, and bat tops are better for charge characters, but that's just personal opinion.

I have no idea how you would play an airdash game on a bat top though. But they work really well for 3D games.
your theory depends on what type of bat top stick your talking about. ive got an IL(old school american HAPP) stick and i can do guiles super(in super turbo) on reaction. i also generally feel more comfortable with bat-tops in versus games, as airdashing and doing ahvb/tiger-knee motions are so easy.
Please governor, I don't smoke
Stay Gold.

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 03:31:45 PM »
how much are they and how can i order a xbox360 one lol

Offline ZeroX03

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 06:53:39 PM »

They are dual-modded.

Regarding the ball-top and fanta discussion. Straight up, the ball-top sticks are for 2D fighters and Fanta sticks work best for 3D.

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 01:21:44 PM »

They are dual-modded.

Regarding the ball-top and fanta discussion. Straight up, the ball-top sticks are for 2D fighters and Fanta sticks work best for 3D.
Ah thanks Zero