Author Topic: [SFxT] SFxT XBL - Post match feedback  (Read 16530 times)

Offline hornjo

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Re: SFxT XBL - Post match feedback
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 04:42:08 PM »
It seems vega is better in sfxt (im not really sure) because he has more combos but i cant do as much mix ups like i did in ssf4. I been playing rolento to 5k bp but i reckon im gonna drop him for vega still not sure yet

Also i agree that tekken seem op but maybe they're just new and we'll get used to them. Atm im still used too ssf4 just poking and zoning but now vega can combo better :D
Also the sound really bugs me :S although im getting used to it already :P

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 06:41:59 PM »
anyone else using their main from ssf4 to sfxt? After playing with a few characters i think im gonna use vega(main in ssf4) again =/

Definitely not using Balrog in this game. He seems a bit shit. No Fei Long but I knew I'd play Rolento since he was first announced so he's obviously very rekka friendly. It also seems he's pretty damn top tier in the early days and I know I'm eventually going to get hate for using him, but so be it. He's a great battery character for whoever I have as anchor.

Offline HonZoMon

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 06:52:38 PM »
Finding it really hard to find a character to start with on point. My team was going to be Cody/Hugo but... guess it will have to wait a couple months or w/e.

I love Hugo's dmg but omg..... like a lot of others are saying Kazuya/Rolento/Asuka and those non stop poke combos ALL DAY get me salty faster than a dip in the red sea. But all in all it's just early days, most of the 5k + players are are using those chars and I'm not surprised how well they are doing only a week after release.

Guess I'll keep looking for Hugo's partner and see what I can find. FREE CODY ONO YOU TROLL!!
The road to Saikyo has only just begun.

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 07:13:53 PM »
I really don't know how you can lump Asuka together with Kaz and Rolento... Asuka's got terrible footsies and pokes for the most part.. she's looking Super SFIV Makoto status atm... though a few small buffs down the line in the eventual balance patch could make her stupid good, just like AE/2012 Makoto. Man Asuka should've got a Makoto swap costume instead of Geki... liking her banchou 2nd alternate though...

And yeah Boxer feels weird as fuck in this game, Juri seems pretty damn good...
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

Offline Cabjoy

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 08:02:30 PM »
Also i agree that tekken seem op but maybe they're just new and we'll get used to them.

Yeah people need to stop worrying about the tekken characters so much. What you've gotta realise is that in tekken a lot of it is about mixing up between highs, lows and mids in order to get your offence going. This isn't coming from a Tekken vet, but someone who's dabbled in the series, so if I need to be corrected, correct me.

With that, I think the problem people are having is realising that most of the tekken characters have all of this high/low/mid mix up potential because that's how they play in their game, and that's how they're meant to feel in this game. In all honesty, if you just spend some time learning the normals and the strings of the tekken characters it shouldn't become as much of a problem to defend against.

Oh and remember, all of this is coming from a guy who hasn't play a street fighter character since the game came out, so I'm loving this shit ;)

(& GGs to everyone I've played lately :D )
Saikyo!!!

findlay_stuart

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 08:22:22 PM »
I'd agree with that , you've also got the frame data too. There's a good chance at the minute people are getting away with murder because players are just blocking and waiting for a clear opening. The hit stun and block stun are quite deceiving, where as when I picked up SF4 for the first time I could tell without looking at charts from SF2 experience.

Even I was surprised at some of kazuya's data looking at the chart. There's a lot in there that's highly punishable but doesn't actually look like or feel like it on the screen.

I'm fully prepared to get my ass kicked for at least a month before I start claiming such and such is OP.

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 08:30:41 PM »
I'm glad Makoto isn't in SFxT. This way if I play SFIV I won't suddenly start thinking it's SFxT and get my combos wrong or go for a move that might've been safe in SFxT but isn't in SFIV. :P
Shadowloo TEC4LIFE

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 10:35:39 PM »
I'd agree with that , you've also got the frame data too. There's a good chance at the minute people are getting away with murder because players are just blocking and waiting for a clear opening. The hit stun and block stun are quite deceiving, where as when I picked up SF4 for the first time I could tell without looking at charts from SF2 experience.

Yeah frame date is kinda essential unless you want to manually learn everything in training mode. Day -2 I was trying to link Ken's c.lp to his c.hp but when I finally saw the frame data on Friday I saw that 1 frame link from SFIV was gone period... c.lp was +3 on hit compared to SFIV's +5, not to mention that c.hp now has 6 frames start up compared to 5.

Also Lili's divekicks frame data was surprising... HK and EX.. so safe.

Offline zgnoud

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 10:43:38 PM »
Alot of tekken characters have high low mixups within their blockstrings. Alot can combo from an overhead where most street fighter characters cant. Can you believe Chunli's Hazanshu lost its overhead properties? You can block it low now... thats so bullshit!

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 12:51:51 AM »
Alot of tekken characters have high low mixups within their blockstrings. Alot can combo from an overhead where most street fighter characters cant. Can you believe Chunli's Hazanshu lost its overhead properties? You can block it low now... thats so bullshit!

only lk is no longer an overhead i believe.

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 01:15:08 AM »
Day 2 of playing.

Joining the bandwagon with 20 million Rolento.

BTW here's a SFxT match from our friend in HK. WTF Rolento mirror...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATgBAQ_Xj0
Diablo 3 - The SF x T of Blizzard

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 08:33:53 PM »
anyone else using their main from ssf4 to sfxt? After playing with a few characters i think im gonna use vega(main in ssf4) again =/

Definitely not Zangief. My initial impression is that he's a far shittier version of SF4. Shitty Lariat (Ogre DP >>> Lariat), odd timed Green Hand, and just that fact that it will take a while to learn which moves are -frame.

Personally though, I feel a lot of the Tekken characters are quite OP, though it could just be that I don't really get WTF is going on against a Tekken characters rushdown.

But really, seems like 80% of the people I play online use Ryu or Rolento (who reminds me of KOF02 Choi).

Gief's biggest problem is that SPD isn't 2 frames anymore.

Having a super fast or invincible command grab pretty much ruins all of the Mishima bullshit in close. Once you learn what their strings look like and where the hi/low mixups are, you can just grab it. Doing nothing or jumping out isn't always an option for them since most of the tekken strings leave you at -3 or worse if you stop them half way through on block.
Perth made me do it.

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 09:02:59 PM »
Got my first long online session in today since getting the game. Got the crap beat out of me for hours ,but took my beatings and even got a few wins going by the end .ggs all

Not sure who I wanna play. Just went with a ryu/guile combo to get the feel for it.

But damn they need to fix that sound bug.

Offline Cowie

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 10:50:03 PM »
Yeah sound bug and the general rollbacks need some work, a good connection is not too bad tho.
GGz to all I have played recently :D
End your search, child! The "Ryu" that you knew no longer exists!

Offline hornjo

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 11:07:54 PM »
just making sure everyone knows but if you dont edit your gems you'll only have 2(u can have 3) which is the default. So remember to edit them!