Author Topic: [SFxT] Potential tournament issues with this game  (Read 5570 times)

Re: Potential tournament issues with this game
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 06:18:23 PM »
IIRC you can set up multiple presets for every single character in the game. Not sure on the limit but it should be ample.

So you can have your

Rushdown Ryu Gem setup
Zoner Ryu Gem setup
Speed Ryu
Pandora setup Ryu etc

If this saves your entire gem setup than it shouldn't be a problem, provided you bothered to set them up in the first place. Basically imagine if you had all 10-15 variations of your teams as selectable characters, and when you choose one you can flick through the 4-5 assist variations for that team. Wouldn't spending the 10 or so minutes doing that save you time in the long run? As long as everyone else did the same thing of course...

Personally I hope this takes off, it could kill button configs for good and this sorta feature has been missing from the Tekken games as of late.

Best case scenario you plug in your stick, plug in the usb, choose your characters which are set to your colors/costume of choice by default, choose the correct gem setup for the matchup and jump straight in. Obviously there is problems for people with access to only one of the systems but at least it's a step forward. How much time do we see wasted on streams and @ tournaments as people button config, select the right colors (gotta have those matching outfits... and/or your color and costume...). Also the benefits are not just for tournaments, I can grab my hori and my usb stick, go to my friends house and plug them in and I don't have to do anything. It would be like if I was playing from my own console.

Also, Evo has already declared this game as part of thier lineup (without a single tournament being held...), so, at least for this year, tournament organisers are going to have to find a way to include this game in their lineup.

Well Soul Calibur 5 was the same and that will be a far smaller game than SFxTK.... and if Tekken Tag 2 is a late December release and they anounce Evo 2k13 at the same time as this years.. the same thing will happen.
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

Offline Gamogo

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 06:40:43 PM »
lol, awesome. That USB dongle is exactly what I was describing as a potential option a few weeks back in #Capcom. Its pretty weird to see it look like a possible solution. Very cool.

This would be like a beefed up Battlecard system if they can pull it off. Not only could your wins/losses be stored but also your button config and DLC/gem loadouts. Awesome. Curious to see how the hardware platforms come to the party though. The PS3's USB interface has few roadblocks, though Microsoft's has a few proprietary hooks in it. A single solution dongle for both systems would be awesome but I guess separate dongles could work also. Very interesting!
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 07:12:55 PM »
I can already see Markman @ tournaments selling Capcom approved universal dongles for this game, with the gem setups favored by Team Madkatz players Daigo, Mago and Tokido! (We'll be copying them anyway!)

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 10:02:13 PM »
KoF can take time choosing team and deciding order of the team. Training mode/playing helped people find out which characters they want on their team.
SFIV can take time choosing ultra and doing button checks. Training mode/playing helped people decide which Ultra they prefer for match up.
UMvC3 can take time selecting character order and assists. Training mode/playing helped people find which assist and order worked for them.
SFxT will take time selecting team and gems loadout. Training mode/playing will probably help people find which characters they want to use, and this USB support will help make Gem selection quicker.
First few tournaments are always going to be rough to run due to unfamiliarity but the more it's played the faster people become with their selections based on how they play/what works for them. Of course, I am not a tournament organiser.
Shadowloo TEC4LIFE

Offline Gamogo

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 07:31:16 AM »
UNABLE TO READ FROM ATTACHED DEVICE.

:<
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 09:09:07 AM »
I can already see Markman @ tournaments selling Capcom approved universal dongles for this game, with the gem setups favored by Team Madkatz players Daigo, Mago and Tokido! (We'll be copying them anyway!)

What Madkatz or someone needs to do is come up wth a fightstick that has built in flash memory to save your gay-ass "gem" settings.
My Youtube Page
  :db:  :lk:  :db:  :lp:  :db:  :hp:  :qcb: :mk:  :hk:  :dpf: :lk:  :hp:  :hp: :hp:

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 04:25:21 PM »

It's cool, they can just borrow someone elses usb sticks since everyone will netdeck.

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2012, 01:35:46 PM »
in the tournements couldent you just not use no gems at all.

CPS2

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 03:29:22 PM »
in the tournements couldent you just not use no gems at all.

Yep you can just not equip any gems. Seems like the obvious solution to run with until all the usb hub stuff looks viable.

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 06:23:04 PM »
Use the default gem loadouts.

Problem solved.
AE/2012: Akuma, Yang SFxT:  Juri/Akuma

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2012, 08:41:55 PM »
Use the default gem loadouts.

Problem solved.
Or just none at all the make it balanced i hate the gem idea lol

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2012, 08:59:08 PM »
The game is meant to be played with gems, if this gets an arcade release @ the end of the year you'll be seeing this played in Japan with gems, you'll see it @ SBO with gems and one things for sure you'll be fighting people online with gems.

I think gems are fine, they let you tailor characters your playstyle (do I make Lili even more of a glass cannon or do I give her some defense?) but not to the extend of CVS2 Grooves.

Edit - Seeing a DP Tag by Ryu get both characters punished in the Top 8 for WCG... good shit.

Offline kc

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 01:08:42 PM »

That's exactly what I was thinking. Imagine how many issues there'll be plugging and unplugging any kind of storage device.

It's kind of funny in some ways, 'cos I find the whole thing massively confusing. When I mention to people that I'm already confused they say "Don't stress, it won't make that much of a difference," which makes me wonder why bother in the first place then?

I really want to love this game, and I'm excited to start on a level playing field... but I suspect it will do my head in. Is there a 'stop gem confusion' gem? Or is that DLC?

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 03:54:31 PM »

That's exactly what I was thinking. Imagine how many issues there'll be plugging and unplugging any kind of storage device.

It's kind of funny in some ways, 'cos I find the whole thing massively confusing. When I mention to people that I'm already confused they say "Don't stress, it won't make that much of a difference," which makes me wonder why bother in the first place then?

I really want to love this game, and I'm excited to start on a level playing field... but I suspect it will do my head in. Is there a 'stop gem confusion' gem? Or is that DLC?
It's one of the assist gems you get, right between blocking and teching gems..
Shadowloo TEC4LIFE